LifeTime Fitnessmembership cancellation policy... move away or die.

B

I signed up for a one year membership and I am 4 months in. I am looking to cut my monthly costs as much as I can due to financial situations.
I called to cancel my membership to which their representative replied, no problem, just come in and you can take care of it in person. After I drove there to cancel, they informed me that I was unable to break contract since I signed up for a whole year. So after several calls to there "customer relations" they wont even let me out with a cancelation fee, they informed me that I would either have to move away or die in order to break "contract". I asked customer relations rep just let me pay a fee, told me it was not possible.