Life Time Fitness Corporate and Burr Ridgedeplorable customer service

I had a situation come up where I had to go home for a month to take care of my dad after a heart attack. Linda Bianconi, the "customer service" person at Life Time Fitness in Burr Ridge refused to place my account on hold, because I did not know if I would be back. She said this service was only to maintain good will with customers, and if I was no longer going to be a customer, then there was no reason to extend that courtesy to me.

I called the Life Time Fitness corporate office in Minnesota about this, where Ashley (no last name given) out of the Minnesota office yelled at me for expecting any consideration for my situation, because there are no exceptions to the rules. I wasn't asking for a free month or anything like that, only that I get what I was paying for. I told them I would be away for a month and that I did not mind paying the full price when I returned, but she said payment was not based on usage. She was unhelpful and unpleasant. When I commented on how rude she was being (admittedly losing my patience and telling her she owed me an apology, ) she told me that she had absolutely nothing to apologize for, that she was educating me. She then went on to talk to me in a very insulting manner for a few minutes, before I finally commented that what goes around comes around, and hung up on her.

The fact that these people would add to the stress I am under and yell at me at a time when I am already under a great strain—just so they can have my $80 for the month I am away—is unthinkable. Everyone has a job to do, but the way these employees have gone about doing their jobs is blatantly offensive and low class. These are the types of people that engender ill will towards Life Time Fitness and associate poor customer service with the Life Time Fitness brand. They made enemies for life, whereas they could have made loyal customers—all for $80.

The poorly organized company has since sent me emails asking for feedback. When I gave it, no one responded. Typical symptom of a bad company going downhill.

• Jd
    JDB12 Aug 17, 2013

Romeoville, IL customer service is awful. Looks like it extends to other clubs as well.