Lia SophiaChain turning dark after wearing once

I ordered three items from Lia Sophia about three weeks ago. One item was on back order, but I received the three items within 2.5 weeks of the order because it was easier to wait and receive the items at one time from my friend.

This is a new experience for me; I've never really worn costume jewelry, generally preferring 14-karat gold and sterling silver. I decided to give it a try. The earrings are beautiful; they actually look like white gold. The chain on the necklace, however, is turning dark after wearing it one time. I've never had jewelry turn dark on me. The charm on the necklace looks good, but I guess the jury is still out on the charm and the earrings.

I'm not sure I'd classify Lia Sophia as a scam, really (whereby you pay money and receive nothing in return); however, it appears to be overpriced and a bit on the lower-end scale where quality is concerned.

I had a Touchstone Crystal Jewelry party in my home during the same week that I attended the Lia Sophia party. I like the Touchstone a LOT more, but it is a little more expensive. Overall, however, there is no comparison in quality. Touchstone is much nicer, and while I received only one small crystal charm as a free gift (small party), I was able to purchase about $150 worth of jewelry for about $55.

Since I've worn the Touchstone only a few times, I cannot tell whether it will change colors, but so far it appears to be very nice. (Just for the record, I do not sell Touchstone; I work in a geeky field, which is why I had a small party. No one from work came because they don't care for jewelry.)

Anyway, if the two pair of Lia Sophia earrings hold up well, then I'll be very happy with them. If not, then I'll provide an update at a later date.

• Me
    melpitman73 Aug 19, 2010

Hi Vicky,
    I was wondering if you were able to get your necklace replaced? It should not have turned dark on you and it may have done so for a variety of reasons including the possibility of a manufacturer's defect. The Lifetime replacement gurarantee is one of the great perks offered by lia sophia so I hope that you took advantage of that and sent the necklace back. If you haven't and you need help with that please feel free to e-mail me and I will assist you with that process. How are the earrings holding up for you?

Melinda A. Pitman