Lenovo Groupno repairs possible for a 3 week old lenovo yoga tab 3

When I bought a Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 in London on the 1st of June 2017 from Argos in Wimbledon (slip attached), I was assured by the guy behind the till that it carried an international warrantee. "All Lenovo products do, just keep the slip".

So, I believed him and bought it.

On the 12th of June (1, 5 weeks later) my tablet screen froze. I was in Washington DC at the time.

I was flying back to South Africa the following day, so I decided to sort it out when I got back home to Port Elizabeth.

I found that Lenovo contracts with a company called PartServe for their product repairs in South Africa. I phoned PartServe on the 19th of June 2017 and spoke to Thealinda who informed me that there is no international warrantee for the Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 and whatever repairs that they do would be for my account.
Naturally, I told her that this tablet was only a few weeks old and I am not prepared to pay for any repairs. Thealinda suggested that I bring the YOGA into them and she would see what they could do to “help me”.

I dropped the YOGA Tab with them the following day.

On the 21st of June 2017, Thealinda phoned me to get the original e-mail and password that I used to set up the tablet in London. I gave her the details but the tablet would not accept the e-mail and password.

They kept the tablet to "try something else".

Yesterday 6th July 2017, I phoned Thealinda get an update and was told that they have not managed to sort the problem. I was once again informed that anything that they do will be charged.

I told her that I am not prepared to pay for any repairs and that I will collect the faulty tablet next week.

She phoned me back to tell me that she was going to speak to PartServe’s management in Johannesburg to see what she could organise.

This morning she informed me that there is nothing that can be done as the operating system is an UK operating system and that the tablet will not work with a South African operating system. They cannot get hold of the UK OS.

The only thing that I can do with it is place it in the recycling garbage heap.

I could well understand if this product had been obsolete but after 3 weeks?

no repairs possible for a 3 week old lenovo yoga tab 3