Lend AmericaUnreputable

K

DO NOT USE LEND AMERICA!

I refinanced with Lend America and it was the biggest mistake one could make. I was contacted by loan representative named Arsen who assured me that this was the best way to go. It started with my having to close the loan not once but twice. The first time there were numerous mistakes in closing documents the closer found and had to spend time on the phone getting corrected. I thought all was well and the loan would fund. I was contacted my Arsen again and was told some ### excuse that I had to close a second time. Again the closer had to make corrections and I had to print my own closing documents. After the loan funded, I was contacted by my prior lenders that the payoff was not correct and I had to come up with money to pay the difference. This created a hardship for me to say the least. A couple of weeks after the closing I was contacted again by Arsen saying they needed my financials again. I asked to speak to someone else who could better explain as to why they would need information that was given a month before. Since no one called me back I didn’t send the same information they already received during the processing of my loan. Several months later, I had financial hardship and requested a modification and this is when the real nightmare begins for me. The Loss Mitigation Department is over loaded with people like me. When I finally was able to speak to someone I was told to contact HUD. I contacted HUD and explained what I was up against and HUD reviewed my financials they said I never qualified for the FHA Loan that I got through Lend America to begin with and felt the loan was fraudulent and they did not follow FHA’s guidelines. The HUD representative that I was assigned felt I qualified for FHA’s new HAMP Program and he would speak to Geri from Loss Mitigation. I finally was able to get her on the phone and she stated that that program was a last resort for me. I reminded her that she told me I did not qualify for Lend Americas’ modification programs so this was in fact a LAST RESORT for me in terms of modifications. I was given two month forbearance and was told I am on her list! I have consulted with a couple of attorneys and was informed Lend America has a bad reputation and is disorganized to say the least. I was also told that if I got a modification through them it would be a miracle and that I would end up in court for a foreclosure hearing in which he would represent me free of charge. Having said all this, I am a single parent who works hard and is not willing to lose everything I worked for. My only hope is to get them to modify my loan since my house is now worth less then the mortgage. SO I REPEAT DO NOT USE LEND AMERICA THERE ARE OTHER REPUTABLE LENDERS OUT THERE AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE COMPLAINT BOARDS.

• Ju
    jude oz Aug 18, 2009

I was told repeately that my mortage loan was approved. All I had to do was to pay the appraiser to appraise my home. The amount was too much $900.00, but I only agreed to pay $650.00. Upon completion of the appraisal, I did not get the loan because the house did not apparise enough. The appraiser told me that my area was hard to do. I thought that the appraiser was not suppose to collect from the borrower. I wish that they could be made to pay for all the heartache that they put people through.

• Li
    LISUCKS! Sep 03, 2009

Call the Banking Department of NY @ [protected]

AnnB Sep 10, 2009

I first contacted this company in Dec. 2017 when my husband lost his job. I was told then that when he found employment they would be able to help. After he found employment I contacted them again in Aug. 2017 remitted the information was told they would call back. Never received that call. They advertise that they have all this money to help families keep their homes but they don't follow through on what they advertise. They should not be allowed to go on t.v. and say they will help when all you get is lip service. Families are loosing their homes something that most have worked all their lives to obtain and they advertise hope when there is none. I find myself in a position where I might loose my home and can not get anyone to help. This is America the land of promise but all I see now is misery. Something should be done to these companies that give out hope. No matter where I turn I can not get the help that I need. Something is wrong when the American people are in the shape that they are in now. When you look around and there are so many illegals here that live off what should be ours they get help but we cant.

mlbfan246 Sep 11, 2009

Check with the Attorney General of your State and The Hope For Homeowners program. This is FREE do not let any one try to charge you! Also your lender should work with you to modify your loan if not your state will handle that for you. Let me know how it goes!

• Su
    sunshineday67 Sep 17, 2009

I read something about this company having fines and prison time for bank fraud, is this true? I would think it has to be a rumor if the states continue to let them do business. It would be a sad day to learn this is real and we allow them to continue to handle our biggest assets, our homes. This site really shows the true colors of this business. Whether or not Lend America has saved 100's of homes they have also ruined peoples lives, avoided paying invoices, and don't have the decency to call people back. I see this commercial all over and quite a few others claiming miracles. My advice when searching for a loan is meet with your loan officer, do lots of research on his/her company, ask for references. Don't let them ask all the questions, you can ask all about them and their company as well. If you qualify with them you most likely qualify everywhere and if they are doing something NOBODY will do you need to second guess why? Get multiple Good Faith Estimates before making a final decision. Scam artists always fear providing this form. Good luck and be careful.

Stan

mlbfan246 Sep 23, 2009

Call me at [protected] about how bad they are! I have alot of info to give you and not enough space!
    My name is Debby Dean and you won't believe the problems I have had with this company!

• Ro
    robin40 Sep 30, 2009

Back in June i saw a tv add for lend america... it said credit does not matter... so i called them trying to get my home i have been paying on in my name.. they said no probelm i have to pay off 3 old credit cards in my credit report .. so i did even tho the tv add says credit score doesnt matter.. after i did this i have got nothing but the run around told that my score wansnt high enough yet they raised the fico score to 550 which i was told didnt matter because i had started my loan before it was raised .. i have been paying on a home for 4 yrs with no late payments which is in my uncles name because my cred was bad from a divorce.. finally on Aug 18 2017 i got an email saying they were submitting my loan to the underwrites since then i have not heard a word phone calls or emails will not be returned.. is there any lawyers that can help all of us that are getting the run around .. there tv adds are false advertisement they should not be aloud to do this

• Sc
    screwed in Indiana Oct 02, 2009

We started our refinancing in Dec with them. What a mistake. It was March before we were final, we had to write a check for taxes owed, which they lost and took even longer to complete, took forever for them to pay our previous lenders and now they won't streamline our loan as promised when we signed up. I'd give anything to start over and make better choices, I sure wouldn't go with Lend America!! Joel Delgado is a liar and doesnt ever return your call, none of them do for that matter! I'm thinking of calling a local news station or magazine to get this taken care of as well as let the rest of America know not to deal with them, we all should! Bet they'd return our calls then.

Shelley Ikerd

• Sc
    screwed in Indiana Oct 02, 2009

I will pray for you; Pls don't pursue Lend America. Get your help elsewhere. They will run you through the ringer. God bless

• Ru
    runaround Oct 06, 2009

We tried to get a refinance with them in june of 09 we were told we were pre approved and they didn't see any problem with it well they got an appraiser thru westside appraisal and he was in our home area so he came out and did the appraisal we had to pay for it
    then he screwed up on the appraisal and we worked with lend america for 3 months to try to get it done all this time they kept telling us it was the appraisers fault they could not get in touch with him finally when they did they kept putting us off after 3 months they told us that they could not do it that the house did not appraise for enough He didn't even acknoowledge some of the things in our home that would have made the appraisal more I do not recommend them to anybody

• Fl
    f-lendamerica Oct 10, 2009

Submitted to the BBB!

I was working with the company to get my home loan modified..etc I spoke with an employee, Purelight Allah who was helping me. He asked that I fax/email several doucments in which I did. A few days later I recieved a letter stating that my account would close since I didn't provide all the necessary paperwork. In addtion, I recieved NO doucmentation on what I was getting help with. Mr. Allah ran my credit with my permission but never provided me with disclosure notices..etc.
    I called him last week and left a message stating I needed explanation about the closure and wanted to fix the problem. No return phone call. I then called the main phone number for lend america asking for a new person to help me. They refused and said that mr. allah was going to help me. The gentleman over the phone called mr. allah right then and asked the mr. allah contact me right away. He told the other employee from lend america that he would call asap. Well a day later, still no phone call from mr. allah. I called the customer service dept to complian and that person didn't return my phone call.
    I feel compeltely scammed! The gentleman over the phone yesterday told me that mr. allah by law was supposed to provide me with a 45 page disclosure notice. I never recieved a single doucment from mr. allah other than the one pagers "borrow's certification & authorization" and "letter of authorization for wingspan"
    In addtion this man told me he would be able to modif my loan or work out a short pay off. Apparnetly lend america doesn't do these service. So what the hell was he trying to sell me.
    I just hope something was not screwed up on my loan by lend america where I am going to loose my house.
    This place is a scam!

mlbfan246 Oct 10, 2009

Call your State Attorney General and call the FHA as well if it is an FHA loan. The State can help you modify your loan. Lend America is a bunch of crooks! They lied to me to many times and I am waiting for them to put the lies in writting to the State of Iowa and then I will sic my Attorney on them! Good luck and call me at [protected] if you need any help!

mlbfan246 Oct 12, 2009

at least they didn't run your credit 10 to 30 times so they could deny the loan for a low score. I wish I could recomend a reputable lender but I am looking for one my self. This company is rotten and they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them.

mlbfan246 Oct 12, 2009

How much did you pay in closeing costs? Bet they went over the state limit. I know Indiana is looking into them for preditory leaning. Good luck!

fairlending Oct 20, 2009

If you recently refinanced your home through Ideal Mortgage Banker, LTD doing business as Lend America and Lend America has failed to payoff your mortgage with previous lender, then I am interested in speaking with you.

If you believe that you were treated differently or unfairly based on your race, national origin, sex (gender), religion, familial status (presence of children under 18 years age), disability from Lend America regardless is you got the loan, I would like to speak with you. If you are a Female Head of Household, I would like to speak with you. I am interested in knowing what are the terms and conditions of your loan. For example: You have an excellent FICO/Credit history, refinanced loan in August and closed with a 7% FHA loan.

If I can't help you, I may be able to refer you to an organization.

My name is Marian and I can be reached at [protected] ext. 312 email: [email protected]
    If you get my voicemail leave me a message and please state a time that you can call back.

John420 Oct 22, 2009

Unfortunately your home is subject to an appraiser's opion of a fair market value. It has nothing to do with the lender.

John420 Oct 22, 2009

Run your credit 10 to 30 times. That's just a ridiculous statement.

• Da
    Daniel Peters Oct 23, 2009

We refinanced our home with Lend America in September 2017 and the loan dispersement was on Sept 10th. Bank of America has still to receive the payoff and all attempts to resolve this with Lend America have been futile. I get, "We will put a tracer on your money Mr. Peters." Over and over again. I am channeled to only one person, even though I have asked to speak with a supervisor or higher up. I have called bank of america and they have been utterly rude and unhelpful. After I explained my situation to a loan officer at Bank of America, they sent us a notice of Acceleration and intend to foreclose on November 18. I can no longer ask for help from B of A because they sent us to collections. We have never been so much as a day late on any payments with them and I only ceased paying when the loan actually funded. The second issue is that with this loan with Lend America, they are collecting escrow payments for our property taxes ($6, 000/year) and now we have received a bill from the assessors office asking for the taxes. They we never notified either. We are going under.

If anyone can help us PLEASE contact me! (Only those that can assist in resolving this) [email protected]

fairlending Oct 27, 2009

I was out of the office yesterday. I did receive your message. I will help you with this TODAY!!! You can try to reach me again @ [protected] ext. 312. I will try to send you an email.

mlbfan246 Oct 31, 2009

oh really? I have proof on my credit report that they ran my credit 8 times a month for three months. I guess you must work for Lend America. Posting on here seems like something they would do

• Wo
    worldofhurt Nov 02, 2009

I cannot express enough how adamant I am that others pay attention and do not use Lend America to refinance. We closed 3 months ago and LendAmerica still has not payed off our original loan. We have been threatened with foreclosure from our origianl mortgage and are having to obtain a lawyer. Don't waste your precious time and money with a company that does not follow through. This company obviously makes a practice of not paying off the first mortgage.

• Tr
    treeoplinger Nov 03, 2009

I called lend America after seeing it advertised on TV that they didn't go by yor credit score to obtain a loan. I called and was told that you neded at least a 550 credit score, down payment and closing cost, also my husband is on unemplyment i work full time and he stated my husband needed to get a job!!! LOL!!! Where do they get off telling you that someone needs to get a job as long as you have the credit score the down payment and can afford it how can they discriminate against people!! Someone needs to do something with these people!

Cheryl Girardin Nov 06, 2009

I too am trying to refinance through Lend America. I have been pre-approved and needed to have an appraisal done as part of the process. I was charged $450.00 on my one and only credit card(that was the only way I could come up with the money) . The appraiser noticed that I do not have heat on my second floor and reported it. Now I was told that because it is a FHA loan the guidelines are strict and I HAVE to have heat on the second floor. Basically the second floor is 2 big walk-in closets as no one sleeps up there. OK, I have to apply for a re-hab loan, with a contractor giving me a written estimate. I did that and the estimate was $750.00 - $1200.00. I have Oil heat on 1st floor and thought it would be to expensive to run heat upstairs. I decided to go with electric 5' units with the thermostat on the units henceforth the cheap cost. I submitted the estimate to Lend America and then get back a response saying the re-hab loan NEEDS to be at least $5000.00. So if I can come up with new estimates for other repairs/renovations that total 5k I should be set. PROBLEM: The appraiser has only done preliminary work on the appraisal and stopped the process of finishing the report because I do not qualify under the guidelines now. He WILL NOT even give me an idea of what the house could appraise for at this point in time. I have no idea if I will meet the value of the property to get the amount of money I want to refinance.
    I was told that 1/2 of my payment to the appraiser should be refunded because he did not complete the report. I have to watch my credit card statement to see if I have been. SO Now I am out of at least $225.00 (at 16.99% interest) just for the "PRIVLEDGE" of trying to get help. I have to decide whether to have a contracter give me an estimate on a new roof to meet the minimum (still not knowing if I will meet the apraisal value or not) or forget the whole thing. I am leaning towards forgetting the whole thing but it sure would have been nice to streamline my finances so that I can buy OIL, Snow tires, furnace cleaned, Town taxes to name a few non frivolous neccesities of life.

• Wa
    walt61957 Nov 07, 2009

mlbfan246 You are correct I have a new loan with Lend America and cannot get them to pay off my old mortgage after repeated calls I cannot get no help just runaound from these people.I suggest to people who are wanting to refianance do not use this company. Also thanks mlbfan246 for the help i will be in touch.

walt61957

• Ca
    CAN'T BELIEVE - VIRGINIA Nov 10, 2009

What kind of country have we become when the government would allow a company like this do business. They should be shut down immediately and any TV station will to take their money and run their ads on TV should be asshamed just to make a buck. Glad to know that we have the internet to let as many people as possible know about this companies practices.

• Jc
    jcgarri Dec 01, 2009

Our originally mortgage was with Lend America, they told us 6 months after we closed we would be eligible for a streamline to reduce our interest rate and interest rate. Lend America said this would be a 10 day process. Our 6 months was up and we should have been eligible for our streamline in April 2017. Finally our steamline went through in October 2017. We closed on October 14, 2017, we paid our October payment at closing as instructed by Lend America. About 10 days we started receiving calls that our October payment was late, I explained that we had done a streamline through them. The collections calles continued for 30 days. During this time I spoke to Lend America daily and was told this would be taken care of. Finally the collection calls stopped after I got a copy of the cleared check from my bank for the October payment. As of December 1, 2017 our old loan is still not closed and shows we owe 6000.00 dollars, yet we made our first payment on the new loan on November 1, 2017. No one at Lend America will resolve this matter and because our old loan is not been closed we still have not received the 2400.00 dollars we are due from our old loan escrow account. We have now had to hire an attorney to try to get this settled. The amazing thing to me is this was all done internally, our original loan was through Lend America and our steamline was through Lend America and we are still being jacked around. I think President Obama should be more concerned about taking care of these scam lenders then some other matters he is focusing on. Mislead in Missouri

mlbfan246 Dec 01, 2009

Please call me at [protected] We are trying to get a class action suit against them and I would love to include you! check out my blog at lendamericascam.blogspot.com as well!
    mlbfan246/ Debby Dean in Iowa

• Du
    Duce Dec 02, 2009

The same thing happen to us. Westside did the appraisal. After waiting and waiting for John to call. He kept giving me the run a round. Everything is ok we are just waiting for the final report. I call him Monday Nov. 30, 2017, he told me he was going in too a meeting and he would call me back in 20 mins. He called back 3 hours later and to me the same thing, that the home did not appraise for enough. He said give me a call tomorrow and we will go over somethings. When I tried to call I got the recording. All my paper work for the appraisal states 400.00 but westside appraisal took 450.00 out of my acct. Since this all went down I have been trying to get with the appraisal company WESTSIDE out in LA, they have yet to return my calls, just like LEND AMERICA. So with this being said I have no copy of my appraisal so what should we do.

fairlending Dec 08, 2009

I recently received an abundance of calls from homeowners that refinanced with Lend American that claim their original loans were not paid off and now they have two loans. Unfortunately, I can not assist you with trying to get your loans to fund. In the past I have assisted some borrowers, which ultimately many of the loans were paid off. What I am doing is looking into an agency that can assist you. I will on my own free time call back to all that have left me a message. In the meantime, I do suggest that you consult with an attorney. If you have an FHA loan, please call FHA Resource Center. You should also make a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Again, I will try to find the appropriate agency to assist you and I will post the information as soon as I do come across that agency.

• Ju
    Julie in Indiana Dec 22, 2009

This is exactly what happened with us! To today's date we still have not had our old mortgage funded we caught it up and will not give Lend America a dime until B of A is paid off and we are refunded the late fee's. We hired an Attorney I suggest you do the same. Good luck Julie

lendamericasucks Dec 30, 2009

his meeting was about them closing ( I dont know that for sure, but sounds right)...now he doesnt have any meeting to go to

lendamericasucks Dec 30, 2009

my story exactly, and ditto to the last response. Although... my lawyer has had this case for 3 weeks now, and is unable to get anywhere. I did speak with my county Attorney General and while there is no civil action that can be taken, I may be able to go to bankruptcy court when the file and file against them. It may not help, but it couldnt hurt. And he also told me ( as did our lawyer), NOT to pay LA.

lendamericasucks Dec 30, 2009

I think we need to go to the White House with a keg of beer and talk to our buddy Barrack (before he leaves on another tax-payer funded trip)

• Br
    Bruin Jan 06, 2010

It's not the appraisers responsibility to appraise your house high enough to get a loan. It's their job to just arrive at a fair market value of your home based partially on what has sold in your area. I am an appraiser and my fee is less than half of what you said you paid your appraiser. It doesn't really matter anyway because Lend America hasn't paid me for a few appraisals and won't return my calls or emails. So I guess my new appraisal fee is zero. Can't make a living on that.

• Al
    Allah Feb 23, 2010

what

JOE THE PAINTER Mar 14, 2010

IM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU ARE OR SHOULD I SAY .I'M IN IT NOW. LEND AMERICA WAS CLOSED DOWN AS OF DEC. 1st. WHEN THE "FEDS" CAME IN AND CLOSED EVERYTHING DOWN. I MADE SETTLEMENT IN OCT. AND LEND AMERICA DIDN'T PAY-OFF MY PASSED MORTGAGE TO BANK OF AMERICA. BANK OF AMERICA HAS HIT MY CREDIT REPORT 3X's AND I WHEN CRAZY TRYING TO CLEAR THIS MATTER UP. I DID A RE-FI AND "ALL THE CHECKES" BOUNCED, AND EVERYBODT IS CALLING ME FOR THERE MONEY. I WENT BACK TO BANK OF AMERICA AND EXPLAINED THE WHOLE PROBLE AND THANK GOD THEY WERE UNDERSTANDING OF ALL THE PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING AND NOW I'M STILL PAYING MY PASTED MORTGAGE AND STILL WAITING FOR THE "FEDS" TO RELEASE ALL THE PAPERWORK AND MY RE-FI MONEY SO I CAN LIVE MY LIFE.

• Ab
    abkkm Mar 26, 2010

The same thing has happened to us. Don't know who to call about it cause I can't reach anyone that talked at lend america. If you have any numbers and know of anyone to get ahold of please let me know.

JOE THE PAINTER Jan 04, 2011

STILL TRYING TO CLEAR MATTERS UP... ANT LUCK WIT YOU SO FAR ??

JOE THE PAINTER Jan 04, 2011

IT THERE A LAWSUIT GOING ON AGAINST "LEND AMERICA "??? IF THERE IS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, THANKS