Lancashire Interior Home DesignsThe design has not been provided.

B

I've applied online for a kitchen quote. Lancashire Interior Home Designs came round and gave me a very good quote. I've been told that it will cost £100 deposit to start the work. However, I have not been mentioned that this is a non-refundable "design" charge. The design has not been provided, only an unclear drawing on the peace of the paper.

sarahjf21 Jun 03, 2016

Had a planner from lancashire interior home designs come round to plan my kitchen, in aug 2013 he was told kitchen would not be fitted until 2014 which he said was fine, kitchen was delivered at 5am in the morning so only checked off the planners sheet, all correct, now when fitting the kitchen the units supplied do not fit the kitchen it was planned for there were missing doors, and one broken unit, having no joy with the company just fobbing me off as it was paid 150 to the planner and he got it totaly wrong

Mark, Wednesbury. May 08, 2015

I have had a delivery of a Kitchen from Lancashire home designs. I agree with many of the comments on here. The quality isn't great. I have a Belfast sink that is not even square. Obviously this is a reject that has been reboxed. I ordered 3 Glass doors. The driver told me they were packed in a bubble wrapped box. When i opened the package there were scrap bits of mdf board inside. This was clearly intentional and the driver knew about it. All of the cabinet lights that i ordered were missing but i deducted the cost of these from the money i paid.
    The soft close hinges are the worst quality i have ever seen. I wont be using these and have ordered better quality ones from elsewhere. All attempts to contact their customer support have gone in vain. I bought a cheap kitchen and that's exactly what i have got. All is not lost though. With a bit of fettling. I can fit this kitchen. To anyone else fitting one of these kitchens. A bit of advice. Make sure you dip any screws in wood glue before screwing them in. This will prevent them from stripping out the MDF and the Kitchen will last much longer. Especially do this on all hinge mounting screws. Also, buy better hinges with separate soft closers. B&Q doors are the same size. So you can easily source replacement doors.
    I got what i paid for but i am angry that this Company deliberately deceived me with the missing glass Doors. These were expensive and they have bumped up their profit margin by not supplying them. I have had to buy these from B&Q.

• Kg
    KG2014 Oct 15, 2014

Do you know who the Directors are and have you heard of a Kevin Ruxton?

• Kg
    KG2014 Oct 15, 2014

Do you know the directors names are and have you heard of a Kevin Ruxton?
    [email protected]

• Wh
    whamil Oct 09, 2014

You are not the only one who would like to set the story straight. I think ALL kitchen companies get a percentage of
    complaints, simply because of the amount of components and damageable parts that go to make up any kitchen but there are
    definitely good ones delivered and mine was one of them. Just take a look at these photographs. This company is absolutely
    excellent. The quality of the kitchen, the quality of the fitting, the service, it is all excellent. All the staff I have
    dealt with were good and there is absolutely no doubt about the value for money. I cant recommend them highly enough.

paulpratt Aug 29, 2014

nath39504, - but the 100 quid is deductable from the price of the kitchen, right? It's a design fee chargable only if you place an order and is to show some small commitment on your part. All the other kitchen companies want ALL the money paying before delivery. This company will deliver before any payment is made, other than this design fee.
    Why would you NOT be prepared to make a commitment? You want the company to make an appointment, send out a designer, spend 2 or three hours designing your kitchen, take your order, organise the warehouse to pick your kitchen, put it in dispatch, organise a delivery vehicle and driver, sometimes to travel hundreds of miles, to drop the kitchen off at your house, get you to count and check it and if you are happy, THEN you pay? Surely 100 pounds is a very small price to pay to secure the logistiics that would be required to deliver your kitchen?
    It's quite a while since I bought mine, but they had been in business a long time before that and I reckon they will be in business a lot longer. The very fact that you have read some of the negative comments placed by competitors who can't compete with this company's prices, about who owns the company blah blah, and you believe them shows that someone out there is worried about this company's prices. I'm not on a mission, but I think SOMEONE has to try and put the story straight.

• Na
    nath39504 Aug 20, 2014

As with any company you are going to get good and bad reviews however in all honesty, I would completely avoid using this company.
    They trade as : Kitchen Design Lancashire.

My partner found these via Facebook and arranged them to come round.
    The bloke called SAF turned up and in fairness he seemed like a nice bloke.
    He done a plan with measurements and went through things and all seemed fine. I paid the £100 deposit, but only afterwards realised it wasnt a deposit, it was a design fee. Ok...anyway, after he left I continued to think about this more and more. And then things started to twig a little bit about things he said that I didnt quite catch on to when he said it.
    He said, "When the delivery driver comes you pay him for the stuff, and then you pay the fitters when its been fitted"...He also said about the £100 "We do it with cash because we have to pay taxes so it just cuts down the tax payable and the £100 is like my commission"...
    And this was going over and over my head. Then it occured to me...Theres absolutely NO PAPER TRAIL, on any of this. No invoice or anything.
    Where the comsumers rights??? At this stage there isnt any. I then looked into the company a bit more and found their website and found reviews.

As for the design, I done my own measurements against his and also got a joiner friend in to measure it up and his measurement were out. Not by a big amount but im guessing that in this trade accuracy is key.

At this point I decided to cut my losses at the £100 and go to a reputable company where I know I will pay more, but I have a full paper trail with invoice, guarantee, cash trail, receipts and a full consumer protection.

In my opinion based on all the reviews ive read I would completely avoid using this company. The £100 is not a deposit so if you do use this company wait for him to say its a deposit and CHALLENGE it. The £100 is non refundable!

paulpratt Aug 20, 2014

This comment appears to be about a completely different company "Lancashire designs Stilhaus" is not the name of the company at the top of the page

• Aa
    AAD147 Aug 14, 2014

We ordered our Kitchen on the 30/06/14, the kitchen was delivered on the 24/07, we ripped out our kitchen and when our fitter started putting up the units he noticed that the original plan did not make sense and had not accounted for any of the pipes and meters that were pre fixed, something that the surveyor had apparently taken in to consideration and taken a deposit of £100. We also realised that some items were missing or damaged. We asked for the delivery to be taken back and for a new surveyor to be sent round to redesign which they refused, so we had to redesign the whole kitchen over the phone with a customer service lady called Becky and the delivery was rearranged for 02/03 August, we rearranged our plans and waited all weekend for the delivery, on Sunday at 11am we were told that we will be getting a delivery at 2pm, at 2 pm we were told by 7pm, at 10pm we were told the van had broken down and that we will be getting a delivery on the thursday7th (Driver name Clive). Thursday 7th the delivery came but again with units missing and parts missing, we were meant to get a delivery today (14/08/14) after speaking to Kelly on Monday, I have just phoned them and have been told that for an unexplained reason our order was not on for delivery! we now have a new delivery date for this weekend so have had to cancel our weekend plans, pay extra labour charges as the quality of the kitchen units is poor and despite everyone in customer service claiming they would call us back, they never have! The Kitchen units that have been delivered are of standard quality (You get what you paid for), however some have come without the correct screws or holes.

Fingers crossed that this weekends delivery, spend a little extra, save the hassle, the amount of money we have spent on eating out, outweighs the cost saving and thats not including the final bill from the fitter! If the company can deliver what they promise first time round or improve their customer service department, then I would recommend Lancashire designs/stilhaus kitchen as a budget kitchen company.

paulpratt Jul 26, 2014

Hmmm, looks like they are back again. I will just repeat what I said on an earlier post:-
    I find it interesting that the original poster that started this thread is registered as being from the United States (check out his location at the bottom of his original post) This company only sells in the U.K. so he certainly didn't get a designer to visit him in the U.S. This company has no unresolved complaints anywhere on the net, yet there are quite a lot on this one thread. I suspect that this is a competitor trying to blacken this company's name by adding fake posts to this thread -
    and they are all starting again - especially mandybaker, the person using the really offensive language

charlotte789 Jul 26, 2014

To Joykam - Why, just how many kitchen companies have you experienced? A kitchen is the sort of thing you only change a couple of times in your whole life. Perhaps you should have just told the person who answered the phone what your problem was and got it sorted out there and then instead of demanding a manager. We have just had a kitchen from them and we used their fitters. They chased up the two doors we had outstanding for us - no problem. Just check out the (almost ) finished kitchen in the photos below. OUTSTANDING!
    I defy anyone to find me a cheaper, better quality job than the one we have ended up with. Honestly, we are absolutely besides ourselves. It is brilliant. The handles alone would have cost about 20% of what we paid for the kitchen from someone else.

• Un
    unhappyperson2009 Jul 24, 2014

MK Travis - that picture is on stil Haus kitchen facebook page - obvisouly your all connected and your just out to rob innocent people of their hard earned cash!!!
    Joykam - I agree with your pain, we had ours delivered, all dmaged, demanded a refund and wont pay, we have givent them the statutory 14 days to respond to our letter, after that we are going to court!

Joykam Jul 21, 2014

Stil haus are the worse kitchen company we have ever experienced. They first delivered a completely wrong kitchen. When we advised them of this they sent us part of the cherry oak kitchen we originally ordered. At the time the delivery man made out that all the pieces were there. So we ripped out our kitchen to put in the new one. We discovered that only half of the kitchen had been delivered. We try to get through to there customer services and they put the phone down on you they are rude and you can never speak to a manager. We have now asked for a full refund which we don't think we will get but just like all the other VALID COMPLAINTS on this site we too have sought legal advice and will be definitely taking them to court..I have NOT got a good word to say about this company.

mandybaker Jul 09, 2014

They are ### rude need closing down infact if l.lived in manchester l would burn them down to the ground and the staff that work there.kitchen was delivered 20 may and paid for it stil waitinc on missing stuff customer services sniggered and laughed down the phone at me today if the b**** had of been behind a desk l woulz of smashed her face in lm one unhappy customer

sandrablyth Jun 23, 2014

My new kitchen has been the best value for money I could have bought, Without a doubt, The very polite staff and the service provided and all the people who dealt with me were excellent as was the extremely high quality of the fitting. I would definitely recommend you to friends and family The whole thing has been very, very good. A very pleasant experience.

• Cl
    Clairebad Jun 19, 2014

My kitchen has just been installed by this company, and it was far, far cheaper than the nearest quote we received. Now it's in, you can see the incredible value for money (see photos) we received. The quality of the cabinets and doors is second to none and we were so pleased we chose the. Great service and great fitters and we recommend them to anyone.

• Su
    sunnyess Jun 18, 2014

My name is Mrs Sunny. I have also had my kitchen installed by this company and am pleased to show it to you. The price was extremely reasonable, the quality of the kitchen cabinets and doors was very good, and the fitting, as you can see from the photos, was excellent. It isn't a huge kitchen but I think it's big enough for you to see what a great job I have ended up with.

• Su
    sunnyess Jun 18, 2014

My name is Mrs Sunny. I also have just had my kitchen fitted by this company. It's not huge, but it's a fair size and it looks absolutely wonderful, especially if you had seen what was there before. The price was extremely keen for this sort of quality and the fitting, as you can see from the photos, was first class. As for the tiling, I too couldn't wait to get a photo online

MKTravis Jun 17, 2014

and here's the before...(i know, a bit of tiling to do, but you get the picture..)

MKTravis Jun 17, 2014

sorry they are in reverse order...

ah, here'sone

MKTravis Jun 17, 2014

ooops, bear with me please, I'm having problems getting the photos to load

• To
    tobiasb Jun 17, 2014

i agree with paulpratt (higher up this page) that something odd is going on here. I have been on google and searched for complaintsboard +kitchens and there have been a number of complaints on this site, supposedly by different named people against a number of different UK kitchen companies, but all of the people complaining are registered in the United States, where none of the companies operate.
    I think this is one person trying to discredit several companies, not just this one, and I can only presume that they are competitors of his who he finds difficulty competing against. Come on moderators...do your job

MKTravis Jun 17, 2014

I disagree strongly with the complaint, whether it is fake or not. My kitchen was delivered on time. My fitters checked it off before I paid for it (try and get B & Q to deliver without being paid first) The quality was better than was promised and the price was incredibly low compared to all the other quotes I had. I have a feeling that much of the problems people have is down to the quality of the fitters, not the quality of the actual kitchen. If you employ your own, then they have to be good or the end result will be rubbish, however good the kitchen is. Please have a look at my before and after photos and tell me is that not a beautiful kitchen?

paulpratt Jun 13, 2014

...and thats my whole point. WHO is the spammer? Someone from the US comes on here and asks an 'innocent" question about a UK company they can't possibly be dealing with, then starts a 'spam war' adding loads of bad posts, then the company, quite rightly I suppose, because it has no other way of fighting false posts, counters it by adding good posts and they're all just using an innocent forum to do it. Sounds like 'kitchen wars' to me...and nobody is actually genuine.

• Em
    emerka Jun 12, 2014

It looks like someone who claims not to be the spammer, actualy IS a spammer! How come so many people with different nicknames on the same day wrote the same comments! All positive comments?!
    zumafo, lenglolo, gonzale, kayamba, desta, bricci, zicco, zigit, Vivio, T. Bacon - see you in COURT!

• Em
    emerka Jun 12, 2014

To paulpratt! This pseudo-company has thousands of unresolved complaints!Maybe you are Mr Paul the 'designer' who scribbled a phatetic plan of my kitchen???

paulpratt May 29, 2014

I find it interesting that the original poster that started this thread is registered as being from the United States (check out his location at the bottom of the post) This company only sells in the U.K. so he certainly didn't get a designer to visit him in the U.S. This company has no unresolved complaints anywhere on the net, yet there are quite a lot on this one thread. I suspect that this is a competitor trying to blacken this company's name by adding fake posts to this thread.

paulpratt May 29, 2014

I find it very interesting that the original poster on this thread is from the United States. (Check out his location at the bottom of his post) This company only sells in the UK and he certainly wouldn't get a designer visiting him in the U.S. This company has no unresolved complaints anywhere on the net, yet there are several on this thread. I suspect that this is a competitor who, not being able to compete fairly, is placing false complaints to blacken the company name.

paulpratt May 29, 2014

I find it interesting that the original poster that started this thread is registered in the United States. (check out his location) This company doesn't sell to the United States and he certainly didn't have a sales rep round to the U.S. to visit him. There are no genuine complaints that this company has not resolved anywhere on the net, yet there are quite a few on here, which leads me to believe a competitor is having a go at blackening this company's name by posting bad reviews himself.

sarahjf21 May 28, 2014

not sure what can be done about these conning b***T***s, have read other forums about them they have conned so many people also using other company names

• Ny
    N. Yousaf May 28, 2014

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I have also been conned by these rogue people when the guy came round I told him what I wanted and it was good quality units, he assured me that they supplied to all the big companies. They carried no samples just talk c...p and con people out of their hard earned money. Very sad to hear thousands are being conned. Is there anything we can do to get them to stop trading.

sarahjf21 May 28, 2014

I brought my kitchen from the planner working for Lancashire home interior designs last august 2013, paid £150 planning fee and told planner kitchen would not be fitted until 2014 on opening the kitchen 2 weeks ago i find lack of doors, broken units wrong doors and a kitchen that did not fit due to wrong units etc etc was then fobbed off when i phoned the company saying paperwork been archived chased again a week later was told send my plans to them which i scanned and sent, the snotty customer service girl said that on the back of the plan are the terms and conditions and the kitchen should of been checked within 21 days DOES NOT STATE THIS absolutely livid

• Zu
    zumafo May 28, 2014

The kitchen, now it's in, has shown itself not only to be very good quality, it's also very good value for the money I paid. The fitters were absolutely fantastic, running about for bits and pieces, and even working through their lunch time on occasion to stay on schedule. All the staff I dealt with at Oldhamwere very, very helpful, and I am so pleased. The end product is amazing. I would recommend this company, and especially the fitters, to any of my friends who were thinking of having a new kitchen installed.

• Le
    lenglolo May 28, 2014

What an excellent service your company provides, whether it be supply only of a kitchen or supply and fit, which I went for. The staff were all warm and friendly and the fitters scored top marks with me. An excellent experience all round.

• Go
    gonzale May 28, 2014

I only had floor units and wall cabinets with some appliances, but I have to say how pleased I am with the excellent quality of all the pieces. The standard of fitting was excellent and all the staff were really good to deal with. I am very happy with my finished kitchen.

• Ka
    kayamba May 28, 2014

The whole process of having a new kitchen fitted was very much an upheaval for us, but the service we have been provided with has been more than excellent and so were the fitters. They were extremely friendly and polite and clean and they have fitted what has turned out to be an excellent quality, very good value for money kitchen beautifully. I am very pleased with the end result.

• Am
    Amethyst4 May 27, 2014

Please do not buy a kitchen on-line from a sales rep you pay £100 for a scrappy drawing from. I am currently locked into a nightmare with Kitchen Design Lancashire/ www.cheapkitchen.co.uk or whatever they care to call themselves. I ordered a white, high gloss kitchen which in reality, turned out to be 3 different shades of white and three different materials. The insides of the units are pink/lilac and the overall quality is poor. Bare minimum instructions and fitting make the kitchen time consuming to fit. My two fitters took two days and when all the problems kept arising, we had to stop because the kitchen had clearly been mis-sold to me and under the 1979 Sale of Goods Act was not of a satisfactory standard, it was not as described and not really fit for purpose. I have liaised for 8 weeks with this company and got no further. They even delivered parts to a complete stranger who tracked me down. These parts lay in his garden getting soaked by rain. They then delivered the same packages to me- or should I say, dumped them in my garden (I did not sign for them) and one package was missing. I could go on but the best port of call is to contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau who will help you follow procedure, for a complaint of this nature. If no progress get made, they inform Trading Standards and it goes to "Full Claims Track" at the county court whereby you can sue, up to £10, 000- I believe. This is incredibly stressful and I cannot believe that this type of "scam" is allowed to continue. People who work for this company must know the misery the managers at the top, are inflicting on decent, honest people. they must know because they deal with the complaints and the customer services are always jammed with calls and today, two of my emails were returned as their mail server was full. I guess I will have to pursue this through the courts and chalk it up to experience.

• Af
    AFLETCHERY May 27, 2014

On a scale of one to ten, this company scored very highly for everything, from the helpful attitude of the staff to the service provided and from the actual quality of the product and the price to the look of the finished job. However, I have to reserve my best marks for the fitters - they were wonderful.Hard working, professional and clean. What a credit to this company and what a great end result. I honestly believe it isn't possible to get a better deal than we got

paulpratt May 26, 2014

At the risk of being inundated with posts accusing me of being a spammer, I thought I would stick my two pence worth in here.
    I've bought from this company and one thing stands out. Unlike every other kitchen company, they don't want paying till your kitchen is delivered and it has been checked off their vehicle and you're happy.
    Get that?
    You don't pay the driver if it's wrong.
    You send it back and they pay for the delivery, then deliver it again. No risk to you. You only pay if it's what they offered when they sold it to you. - and if you don't know enough about kitchens to check it, get your fitters there on the day of delivery, and get THEM to check it for you.
    Also, The profit margins made by some of the others must be astronomical if this company can afford to fit out a kitchen for the prices they charge. In fact I was a little bit wary because they were so cheap, but the risk went out of the window when I learned that I didn't have to pay until the kitchen was in, giving me a chance to satisfy myself that everything was as it should be.. Thats more than I can say for the other companies I got quotes from. They all want the money up front. What chance have you got trying to get satisfaction if you pay before it arrives.