Kate Spadecustomer service over a surprise sale! purchase

M Jun 11, 2019

Awful Customer Service!

Posting this once more since my review was so kindly removed. "I actually liked the bag. Or so I would have, if Kate Spade had honored the transaction properly. I ordered the bag during a "Surprise Sale!" they emailed me about. Except it was delivered without the long strap - a key and functional component of the item. I spent a week trying to work something out with customer service. I mentioned full well it was not about getting an "extra 15% off!", I only wanted them to honor me as a customer and at the very least act as though they would try to find me a similar strap from another similar bag/ a potential return or even the factory as this is their product, after all. They did not do anything. They snubbed me over the phone on three occasions and excused it by mentioning that I had purchased the item on sale, and as such, treated me as though I were less of a customer. For years I have been a loyal Kate Spade customer but after this, I will never again purchase anything from such an unprofessional, dishonest and mediocre company. Kate Spade has shown me that not only do they not know how to deal with customer service but that their standards have dropped staggeringly low. The brand is not the same, perhaps since the death of the actual Kate Spade. What a shame and disappointment. Future customers, be aware that you will not be treated with respect if you purchase anything during the surprise sales and I suspect that even within full price conditions this company will not so much as bat an eye to fulfill the brand's former reputation of acting professionally decent.