Jimmy John'srude employee

D Review updated:

When we entered the building the staff seemed generally upset that we were walking in to bother them to have to make us a sandwich. I went with a friend who also realized the awkwardness when we arrived. We quickly ordered and paid, but seeing as I paid in one dollar bills and change seemed to make the one who took our order even more irate. I also came to order for a friend that was not there. Before I even had time to say I had another order he was asking the guy behind me what he wanted over top of me. My friend and I repeated several times "we still have another order, " but he only strained to hear the guy behind me and ignore us. Once he finally sighed and looked at us I quickly tried to order a veggie sandwich. As I read of the list of vegetables and cheese she wanted, he angrily stated that some of the items were not available. I hurried and got our sandwiches and left as soon as possible. I have never before been made to feel so badly by someone I was giving my business to. While the other employees smiled and thanked me I could not get over how terrible I felt for the way I was treated in the beginning. I seriously doubt I will ever go again to this particular Jimmy Johns for fear of feeling the way I do now again.

• Ta
    Tammy Sexton Mar 02, 2020

This store is known for rude and crude customer service. Anytime someone calls in you are assured to get a rude response. No one is gonna pay for someone else's bad behavior

• Di
    Diana Roljjeskki Nov 24, 2019

The gm was very heplful with my catering order, i never order catering and it was wanderful!! Thanks Jimmy johns!

• Di
    Diane Shtaida Oct 23, 2018

Now here in Milwaukee, WI, JJ's makes great subs. I stopped in one time & it was delicious. Everyone were all smiles. So another night I thought of ordering another sub to be delivered, as I had taken a menu the 1st time I was in there. As soon I got through ordering, the girl said we can't deliver it to your house, we only go down to S. 76th Street. She suggested I call the other JJ's on Miller Parkway in West Milwaukee. They said the same thing. They couldn't deliver to my house as their boundary was W. Lincoln Avenue. I am right in between these two JJ's and not one could deliver? She said that "I must be in a dead zone." I said what the hell is that? She stated that in order to get our customers their orders fast (which is their slogan), we only can go so far as the map says we can go. I'm like, I only live a few blocks from Lincoln Avenue, but no they cannot cross that line! So basically I said, "So I'm [censored] outta luck." She giggled and say yes, I'm sorry. I asked for their corporate telephone number and she said that nobody has that # there at the store. (ya right). So I looked up their corporate # online, called, and had to leave a VM. I did get a call back, but haven't had time to get back to them. The CSR had said the phone # so fast on my VM, I had to play it several times to get the #. I called that # and it was their fax machine number! Had to go back onto the computer to get the # again. I called and get a little girl on the phone, I asked her for Christine the original girl who left me a VM. She insisted she would help me. Well, blah, blah, blah, and there's nothing she could do. I asked to talk to someone who ranks above her and she said they're all out of their offices but would leave my name & # for when one came in, to call me back. Doubt if that'll ever happen. I'm sad because I did like the one sub I picked up in person, and mad now because I can't get delivery a couple blocks out of their way. Wouldn't a business like to serve more customers instead of being speedy in deliveries (which I can see by the other comments, even that statement isn't true). I'm going to call and call and call them until I get a real manager, not some 15 year old who giggles at everything I was telling her. And these workers want $15/hr? F that. They don't deserve it. I will never order another sub if I happen to be passing by just because I think, after reading about all the other JJ's in other states, that they all pretty much suk big time! Anybody who reads this, go to Yelp.com and you can write your complaint for EVERYONE TO SEE. You can also go on SiteJabber.com and do the same. I say we put'em out of business. That's how pissed off I am having to relive this when I already wrote a review on JJ's site, but now it happens to be non-existant! Corporate's telephone number is [protected]. Let's hound them and demand answers!

• Je
    Jeffrey Alan Lindeman Sep 02, 2017

I will never go to a Jimmy John's ever again, worst place to get a sub, meat is so thinly sliced you can see thru it, I went to two different jj's and same exact thin slice, they suck suck suck!!!

• Je
    jeannette cavallaro Feb 06, 2017

I contacted your store in Elmira ny to get a phone number for disability for grand daughter who works for them they are very rude they have no customer service skills .they wont give a phone number they say they don't pay it .I know they have to pay it on employees it should not have to be a hassle to get a phone number.she just had her baby and she needs paperwork to fill out for this .some one should really train these people how to react to customers as with these actions I can see why customers and employees would not want to shop there .I will never shop that store and will inform all people I talk to about how they treat people my name is Jeannette cavallaro I live in Elmira ny I would like to be contacted on this matter my phone number is [protected] thank you

• In
    InaC Jul 08, 2016

On my way to school, I stopped at Jimmy Johns to get something to eat on my break. There was one customer ahead of me, and the manager motioned to the worker to call me to the register. I ordered my food, and she started making the sandwich. Once my sandwich was done, she put it on the counter. I also ordered a drink and a cookie. I was not given a cup until I went to the other end of the counter, my sandwich was sitting there, and she did not even tell me that it was done. I asked her if this was my sandwich, because there were other people in the restaurant at the time. The worker said yes. I asked if she had the cookie and the drink, and she motioned me to go back and get the cookie and cup. I'm guessing it was a self- serve restaurant, but she had the worse attitude. The gentleman that ordered after me received his sandwich in a bag, but not me. When I asked her why he received his order in a bag, she said oh well, I'm sorry. I asked to speak with the manager, and she put the order in a bag, but said that they don't typically put it in a bag. I said, so why did he receive his order like that without asking? My point was that they are not treating everyone the same. Either they put the orders in a bag or not. I left angry.

• Be
    Betty Wiggins1 Apr 21, 2016

Your customer appreciation 04/21/2016 was a great host for your company!
    It really seem it was not for all of your customers. We have at least four stores in our area and only one of the four offered the one dollar appreciation sandwich and it was at the one that would benefit the store more. The parking was horrible! I'm disable and I could not stand in a block long line. I do buy your product. I, will have to think about this in the future.

• Ac
    account Oct 01, 2014

I'm from gillette
    wy.the cashier was very rude

• As
    ASHLEY1234567 May 02, 2014

OKAY HAD ORDERD A SANDWICH FOR DELIVERY. THEY GUY TOLD ME THE TOTAL THEN THREW THE BAG AT ME. HE HAD A TOTAL ATTITUDE, AND LITERALLY GRIPED ME OUT! IF YOU DONT LIKE YOUR JOB FIND A NEW ONE. THE MANAGER I SPOKE WITH WAS VERY NICE. THE SANDWICH WAS GOOD EXCEPT I THINK THE BREAD WAS A WEEK OLD, HARD AS A ROCK. I EVEN TIPPED THE DELIVERY GUY HE JUST JERKED THE MONEY OUT OF MY HAND DIDNT SAY THANKS OR ANYTHING JUST MAD THE WHOLE TIME!!! I WOULD ONLY GIVE ONE STAR OUT OF 5 IF THERE WAS A WAY YO RANK THE COUSTER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN JONESBORO ARKANSAS!!! WILL NEVER EAT THERE OR ORDER FROM THERE AGAIN!!!

JaRutha Dec 07, 2013

Went to Jimmy John's in Rockford Illinois..ordered several sandwiches and ask that they be bagged..girl hands me the bag to put my own sandwiches in..then I asked for napkins and she pointed to the napkins behind the counter where she was. Asked to talk with the Manager, he informed me they offer bags and napkins as a courtesy and don't have to give me the items. Such rude customer service. I will never eat from Jimmy John's again.

• Robert from Florida Oct 13, 2012

My wife and I just returned home from our local Jimmy John's in Pembroke Pines Florida. I have to say it was one of the worst subs i have ever ordered or received from any sub place. The meat was so thinly sliced you couldn't even taste it. Thank god I wasn't that hungry because i had to fold the meat over just to get any taste out of the sub. The salami was so thinly sliced you could see through it. I took it to the counter and showed the employee who went and got some guy named Kellen and he said what seems to be the problem? I showed him the sandwich and he said that was all the meat i was going to get. A $5.25 sub with 3 thinly sliced pieces of salami and some cheese. I asked if he could put a few more slices on the sub and he just said NO, that is the way it comes. I found out later that he is supposedly the owner of this location. When we were leaving I approached him and told him it was by far the WORST sub I have ever received and that we would NEVER come back to a Jimmy John's and he just looked at me with a puzzled look and turned away. If he truly is the owner of this establishment they will not be around long. I doubt he is the owner because he really was clueless and to why I complained. I took a picture to show anyone who cares.

• Fi
    Fich Apr 10, 2012

My wife, sister-in-law and I ate at the Jimmy John's in Onalaska, WI today. The serviced was very quick. Unfortunately, the music was loud hard rock, the cashier was indifferent, the tables unclean, and the sandwiches were high school cafeteria quality. The Gourmet Veggie Club was so meager, we had to look for the paper thin vegetables, and the avocado spread could not be tasted. The Beach Club was also light on vegetables and no noticable avocado spread. We will not go there again. At least at Subway you don't have to pay extra for hot peppers.

chadrichards2010 Mar 04, 2011

Today DAVID a General Manager of the location of Jimmy Johns in Pewaukee location called to THREATEN me to move my Car, said He wants to let me know that he doesn't care about customers that park too long in the mall parking lot, and doesnt care that I bought sandwiches from his store on a regular basis. David continued his threats and made it clear that he didnt care that I was his customer on today. David said, he called a tow truck to inconvenience me as his customer, because I only bought One sub sandwich today, and my vehicle has to go by Towing service. He even sent a text message from [protected] from his cellular phone threatening me saying, "I would move that car NOW, cause they just called towing. Have a nice day." The originating call came from [protected] from manager David, calling himself the General Manager of Jimmy Johns. He was very rude, and this is no way to treat a customer. I deserve an apology. The General Manager was very rude! He ought to be ashamed of himself calling a customer to rudely act the way that he did. A customer doesn't deserve someone to disrespect them like that and show them that they don't care by saying so as he did. Is David really the General manager of this Jimmy Johns in Pewaukee??

• Co
    Coralville Iowa Jul 02, 2010

The Totally Tuna used to be good. Now it is not - runny and smells like dirty feet. I will no longer get any food there. Also, who likes pepper stems in their sandwich? Not me.

• Ji
    JimmyJohns Apr 21, 2010

I'm sorry, that sucks, let me know all the details at http://www.jimmyjohns.com/common/comments.aspx so I can fix the problem. I am going to miss you so much, we won't have pleasure together anymore and when I lose pleasure I get sad and when I'm sad I cry and when I cry it sucks! When you need a JJ fix come back!