Menu
JELD-WEN Inc
reviews & complaints

JELD-WEN Inc
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 complaints
1 resolved 1 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of JELD-WEN Inc. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
11:28 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

JELD-WEN Inc - Vinyl Windows

My name is Donna Curran. My claim number is [protected]. I had a home built in 2020. Jeld-wen windows were installed. There were approximately 16 defective windows. As of today, I have waited almost two years for resolution. The technicians have been here four times. They came with damaged windows, they came with the wrong windows, and on one occasion half the crew was a no show. They have reordered windows several times, only to get a shipment of damaged windows or the wrong windows. I just got one more message that the wrong parts were shipped and now I need to wait another two months. This is totally unacceptable and I am extremely frustrated with the lack of empathy and proper customer service I have been given. I have been living in my home with no window coverings as shutters have been removed in anticipation of an install that never occurred. I have shutters sitting all over my home, a huge inconvenience. The longer they sit, the more likely there is that damage will occur. I am asking for an alternative solution. I truly feel someone can install the correct windows and return to finish with the parts they are waiting for. You have treated this problem with a total lack of concern and I am asking for an immediate resolution.

Desired outcome: Immediately install windows sitting in the warehouse. Return to install remaining windows when parts are received.

Read full review of JELD-WEN Inc
Hide full review
S
8:05 am EDT

JELD-WEN Inc - Worst Products

ILLINOIS -- WE bought a brand new custom built home that was constructed in 1999/2000. The home has Jeld-Wen wood clad windows. Our problems started with JELD-WEN windows six months after we purchased our home - rotting window frames, cracking weather stripping, one window with discolored inner space. Fortunately, the builder took care of rotting frames and cracking weather stripping,

Since 2009 we have been experiencing a strange JELD-WEN induced weather phenomenon. Our kids sometime forget to close a window or two completely.

Even the hardware used in these junk windows is so bad any gust of wind will launch those not so completely shut windows airborne. In 2009, the window landed on our neighbors bush and we needed Left Opening Arm and track. This happened in the middle of winter and after repeated calls, the customer service sent Right Opening Arm and no track. Mind you JELD-WEN exorcised 'Lifetime Warranty' from its business communications.

A month ago, the same window gets airborne and grudgingly called JELD-WEN customer service three weeks ago paid almost $27.00 for a Left Opening Arm and track to be shipped by FedEx. Numerous e-mails and telephone calls later - I decided to not to have anything to do with this poor excuse for an Americana based business. Absolute Junk for products - Neanderthal manned customer service - total absence of pride in what they do for a living.

Read full review of JELD-WEN Inc