Jay GordonDeceptive Property Manager

If there was a zero on this scale, I would have selected it.

My wife and I were expecting our first child and with her being 8 months pregnant we decided to move into a larger home for a while. We rented our home quickly by owner. Then our real estate agent found a home for us that was being listed by Jason (Jay) Gordon. We were accepted and told we needed to give our security deposit that day in order to take it off the market. That was Dec 23rd. We gave our check to our real estate agent and Jay was quick to pick it up. He was supposed to drop off the contract but said he needed a couple of items from the landlord before he could get it together. When we checked our bank account it was cashed the same day he received it.

Fast forward to December 28th and still no contract or contact from Jay. It was once we threatened him to pull out that it magically appeared. It was wrong and didn't even have our name on it. So, finally Dec 30th we get the correct one. We sign on Jan 2nd and were good to go...

... Or so we thought. The home was trashed, the former tenants items were everywhere and it was just dirty. Our impression was Jay being a property manager was going to clean it all up. He said it was being taken care of. Then there was no call back and there's always a family emergency. So we did it ourselves and had to take it out of the rent (just the maid service not trash removal)

The heater didn't work, but Jay was quick to send the call to voice mail. He just didn't care. Eventually I got the landlord's email on a CC and communicated with him directly and everything was great. The next time I saw Jay was when he came to pick up his check for a new year.

Fast forward to the end of our 2nd year. We moved out and got a new place. My wife had painted some of the walls, so she painted them with a fresh new coat and even fixed the holes that were there when we moved in. We didn't see the need to clean and there was no new damage. I did the walk thru with Jay and he said everything was fine and he'd send a check to my new residence and even took my new address down.

2 weeks later I get an email documenting the damage as mine! Wow, the nerve of this guy. He didn't give me a move out statement, didn't give me professional estimate of damages until after 21 days and didn't have before pictures (like I did) showing the issues with the house. After about a week of fighting my wife and I settled on going to small claims court to sue the landlord and Jay. It was the landlord who saved Jay's behind and saved him from getting sued by settling with us in an email. Even the landlord stated that he's "stuck with Jay" and wish he never used him to begin with.

DON'T ENTRUST YOUR HOME, YOUR DEPOSIT, OR YOUR FUTURE RESIDENCE WITH JAY GORDON. There are plenty of property managers who can do the job and do it well... This is not one of them.

Jay is listed at the following: velocityrealestategroup.…

Jay Gordon / President
Velocity Real Estate Group
Real Estate Broker License # 0146609

The license number does not appear to be valid either.

Deceptive Property Manager
Deceptive Property Manager

/link removed/
    Cell Number [protected] Sue him!!

Comments

L Elizabeth Fields Oct 03, 2017

scam report | Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported. File your review. Consumers educating consumers.™

• Gl
    Glen Huang Sep 17, 2017

Do anyone know he at? he stole my money and lost house. Any thing you can provide will be good. please email me info at [email protected] Thanks

@Glen Huang [protected] Cell Phone /link removed/

L Elizabeth Fields Oct 03, 2017

@L Elizabeth Fields Velocity Real Estate Group - Jason (Jay) Gordon OC Coast Realty, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Thief, Preys on Unaware, Thinks you won't fight back, lies to both parties Orange County California