Menu

D
Author of the complaint
4:41 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Macey Bankruptcy Law and Jacoby & Meyers,

My husband and I were contacted by Vickie Reader on the phone Friday, June 28th and we scheduled an appointment for 9am on June 29th in the Phoenix office (101 N. First Ave) to learn about our options for bankruptcy. Upon arrival, the building was locked and all attempts to call both the number on our confirmation email and the number from which Vickie contacted us went unanswered. A cleaning crew and security guard allowed us into the building and we went to suite 2400, which was locked. The windows are glass, and we could see that there was nobody in the office, nor were any lights on.

We arrived at the suite at 8:50 and waited until 9:20 for our 9am appointment. No one arrived and we left. Finally, at 9:35, as we were merging onto the freeway to return home, we were contacted by the person with whom we were to meet (he did not identify himself by name, just that he was with Jacoby Meyers). He claimed he'd "had a hard time getting out of the house" that morning and would we please just come back to discuss our financial situation since he wasn't "that late."

I informed him of my shock at this type of unprofessional behavior and that if this was how we were treated, we did not want him or the firm he represented anywhere near our money. What if this was our court date and he simply "had a hard time getting out of the house?" We had a hard time getting out of our house with our four children, paying a babysitter, driving an hour, finding a way into a locked building, and yet we were still able to make it before our scheduled 9am appointment!

This is shockingly unprofessional and the whole ordeal was extremely financially inconvenient for our family in a time when we already have no money to spare. We will not be using your services to process our bankruptcy, but wanted you to know our reasons why.

Sincerely,