ITV Venturesbusiness opportunity scam

T

ITV Ventures is a scam. My husband found this business opportunity on TV. It sounded too good to be true, but I gave it a whirl anyway. You pay money to receive incoming calls at your home while attempting to sell vitamin supplements. What they don't tell you is that you need to keep funneling money to the company to keep receiving calls. There's no way to get ahead doing this. This guy should have to pay all of us back. I sunk about $2, 000 in this business, and they kept wanting more money and bigger sums too. Rip-off!

• Ge
    Gerry Yang Oct 24, 2008

ITV Ventures do not have phone number to contact if we want to cancel our membership. I couldn't go to my back office anymore. What's up with that? I want their phone number so I can reach them to cancel my membership with them. They are charging me every month.

• Ge
    Gerry Yang Oct 24, 2008

ITV Ventures still charging me every month. What should I do if I can not reach them by phone? Any advice? Please e-mail me [protected]@yahoo.com

• Li
    Liza Feb 09, 2009

In July of 2008 I signed up as an IBO with ITV Ventures. On the advice of my 'company mentor' I paid the full price and also signed up to sign on other IBOs. Encouraged to purchase product and marketing materials I did so. All money I will never have returned I believe.

Before I could qualify completely to make calls the venture failed and several months later became known as EVS Group. I submitted e-mail after e-mail for months requesting information on how to recoup my money, among other things. 90% of e-mails were never returned, those that were contained insufficient information or no relevant information at all. Phones were deactivated so that you could not talk to anyone.

Thinking that joining EVS Group would be a way to at least recoup some of my money turned out to be an even bigger mistake as it never got off the ground after I paid another fee that turned out to be nonreturnable, to join a 'campaign' that never started.

I had started this as a way to work from home after suffering yet another lay-off from a mainstream international company. ITV knew my work situation and how tight money was for me, the company knew it was failing, yet rather than to let me know of their problems they took my money and made a bad situation even worse.

Trust is a hard thing to come by, any that I had in Donald Barrett or his venture has long been destroyed.

• Em
    emily Apr 05, 2009

Thank you so much for posting this! I almost got into doing this business opportunity- I have disabilities and our family is very low income at this time. I am truely thankful for people that post things like this to protect others!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices