ItokRaped

M

I feel violated. A simple e mail problem ended up in hours and hours than several weeks only to have an in house computer wizard come to my house and strip my computer of everything. I feel like I have been raped. Itok doesn't fix or help, they strip and delete and say it is fixed. Now I have sleepless nights because they were allowed in my space by my stupidity. Since they stripped my computer and said it was back to factory made... it has ghost pop-ups now of it's former self, which scares me... are they still attached? As far as their staff goes, it is like all these computer geeks trying to top each other and no one communicates with the other on what they tried to destroy. Beware people. I have been totally sick (physically) from dealing with this company. There is no peace of mind dealing with this computer fix company. They violate, rape and destroy.

• April.Age Mar 27, 2013

Annoyed In CO,

My name is April and I work for iTOK. I apologize for this misunderstanding. The $19.99 monthly fee covers security for your computer as well as regular tune ups, computer back up, and access to our help desk. You can email me directly and I can answer any other questions you may have. I would also like to get you over to one of our techs to discuss the issues you are having with your computer. Please let us know how we can help.

[email protected]

Not too smart Mar 27, 2013

Dear annoyed in Colorado,
    Apparently this is their headquarters address. That is why I contacted BBB of Utah. I live in Maryland.

iTOK.NET
    3400 Ashton Blvd Ste 260
    Lehi UT [protected]

Not too smart Mar 27, 2013

Did you report them to the BBB of Utah. If not you really should do so. In addition, if you paid by a reputable credit card company, you should call them as soon as possible and tell them that you want to put this charge in dispute and tell them exactly what happened. This company has to be stopped. I did both of those things and the outcome was positive.

itok offered me a refund and offered to fix my computer after seeing my post on this complaint board. I did not respond to them. They are a scam and I would not have ANYTHING to do with them again. American Express handled this very well. They took the charge off of my credit card. I contacted BBB of Utah and they now have my complaint on file and are investigating it. The more they hear from consumers, the more likely itok will cease to exist. We as consumers must fight this type of fraud. Good luck to you.

annoyed in co Mar 25, 2013

I was looking for assistance with minor problems on my computer, called iTok and was gaurenteed a clean-up, all issues resolved. For $150.00, that also included security. I specifically asked if there were any other charges that would come about. They said the security would charge me $19.99 a month, OUTRAGOUS!. The security company has coverage for $29.99 a YEAR. The issues I had are still there, my computer runs slower, and iTok thinks I should pay them an additional $20 a month. And yes, they are serious. RIP-OFF So for my $150.00 I received a full month of frustration and aggrevation. Buyer beware!!!

mO-jO Dec 06, 2011

Please check out my complaints!

mO-jO Dec 06, 2011

I hope everyone knows how to wade through this complaints boards. Unless you have most recent post checked you will not see the good stuff at the end. Scroll down because i am just getting started on itok.net!

mO-jO Dec 06, 2011

Okay, I am back! Since the wonderful people at itok.net fixed (ha-ha) my computer, I went to capture my digital camera stuff... ha-ha! Well, I had to send away for the CD-Rom for the program they fixed (deleted) but oh wait, they RESTORE! It cost me another $50.00 and about 4 hours to get back to where I originally had stuff on my computer for my digital camera. Like I said, they don't fix, they rape, violate and strip your computer of everything you had and say they fixed it. I have struggled to repair my computer on my own and I am doing it a little at a time and I am learning as I go. I am putting back on my computer everything they destroyed. ITOK DOES NOT FIX, THEY DELETE AND SAY IT'S FIXED! I had to use my search engine a lot to find files that were missing in a program. Well, I have to give itok one thumbs up because their restore file was there but they never finished the process of initializing it. When I tried to install the software, it told me I was missing a certain system ... example: 61883.sys, so I did a search on my puter and it turned up like 20 files, backup (on my own and such) but I picked the itokrestore and finally (like I said after 4 hours and a whole bunch of other not initialized .sys I got the program running. I'm still not done because the software still doesn't operate properly (won't recognize ports, drivers) but I could use another movie media file and it was a go. I think if you are computer savy (which I am not and have no bones about it) you will understand the process I have been doing . The point is... I will have to purchase other software that was originally on WindowsXP not to mention others I installed and used. A lot of what itok.net manipulated with was the WINDOWS ServicePacks/i386... They can restore after they strip but they don't have the updates that were issued by WINDOWS Service Packs. This company irritates the #$%! out of me . Oh...gee, let me give them another thumbs up for telling me they can fix my computer for less than it would be to buy a new one. After considerable kicking myself in the butt... besides the issue with the e mail problem (which was darn right illegal and I only got one month free from my provider ) the whole issue that itok.net stated "your computer is ready to explode" DUH... click the box to delete all your searches and history upon exit. It will keep your computer clean and won't get clogged up like a big turd in a toilet. A bad employee tampered with my email through my provider, and my history and search files were enormous and itok took care of me! God Bless Everyone!

mO-jO Nov 30, 2011

itok.net

• To
    TomSelwick Nov 29, 2011

Is this iTOK.com or iTOK.net?

mO-jO Nov 28, 2011

oh... their 24/7 help, another beware! If you are a first time customer (fool) they will put you right through to a computer tech, but if it is a complaint, you will be on hold or given an option of a call back. Don't hold your breath. The web page at the start of the experience also says you will be contacted in 15 minutes (good luck), this is after you filled out all the info you could possibly give to make the rape of your computer an easy target, not to mention your finances and peace of mind. A fool is born every minute... I was born over 61 years ago and I guess I was caught finally!

mO-jO Nov 28, 2011

Their sponsors on their web page should start paying attention to these complaints. I shiver thinking identity theft will be the result of their help a few years down the line when they have disgruntled employees. This is a total nightmare!

mO-jO Nov 28, 2011

Not only did they rape my computer, they raped my finances. If you aren't totally statisfied, just try and see if you get refunded. Try and contact them again, they blow you completely off.