Iowa Steak Companyrotten meat

F

I worked for Jay, the main crook. The leader of the other crooks. They are in fact travelers and will swindle every red penny they can manipulate out of you. The leader teaches prospects how to be crafty and talk like a snake. He reminds me of a carny at a fair, a fast talker who will try to attack any weakness he can find on you. They let the steaks go for $100 to employees and the rip off begins. If Jay feels he cant control his prospects he will cut the head off the snake. The meat is thawed, refrozen, wet, refrozen. They put dry ice in the trucks and still sell the meat. I finally cooked the freshest cuts I could find and resigned the next day. They are ripping people off without a second thought and they have no remorse. If you see an Iowa Steak truck call the authorities. Do us all a favor. Shame on you Jay. Jay came from US Beef and half of the crooks that serve him did too, I also did. He is not going to be able to take any calls due to the fact he is drunk or high. The truth hurts.

johnny1975 Jul 21, 2013

rotten meat, very poor quality... high pressure salesmen... they have a script to follow and pour the pressure on, they seem to have a thing for the elderly and the easily influenced. thier salesperson "roy" talked to my lady while i was working...she called me i said sure we can try a case... some how he convinced her to get three, knowing that that would overdraw our checking account. Was laughed at and told i should control my woman when i called to discuss it.

the meat quality is laughable at best. the "top quality rib eye" are garbage, at best tough and full of gristle, the hambuger isnt bad but way greasy...overpriced the bacon wrapped fillet chunks look nice but are way tough... like chewing on my old boots...several packages are multi colored / going grey... indication that it has been frozen thawed refrozen thawed refrozen...

if you are in the twin cities, go to the store and buy your meat. and if i may make a suggestion como and western in saint paul stasnys meat market small local store with great meat... ( and you can get a great cut of whatever u want for the same cost as iowa ripoff steak... or Morellies in saint paul off of payne and lafeyette its a liqour store with a wonderfull butcher shop inside...you will be much better off...

all in all iowa steak is a crap deal with smooth talkers pushing garbage... avoid unless you like that sort of thing

• Bu
    Burnville, mn Jul 08, 2013

I believe I also met Jay today. This guy was a complete jerk - wouldn't admit the way they are selling their product is shady at best. Never buy meat from this company.

Mad in Roseville Minnesota May 22, 2013

I lost $339.00 to this company today. I also talked to a man named Jay at the Burnsville office. He was horrible and immediately started talking very loud and swearing at me. Calling the "corporate office was a joke too. They both said the exact same words to me-obviously they have a script. They refuse to refund my money-instead they want to take the" steaks" from me and give me a "receipt" I would then receive a check from "corporate in 10 days. Right...hahahah DO NOT BUY FROM THE IOWA STEAK COMPANY! The stuff they sell says Midwestern Brand meat on it.

• Jl
    jls1974 Apr 18, 2013

Hmmmm funny how we were sold Iowa Steaks and also seafood in Lakeville. The seafood has yet to be delivered and the meat is horrible at best. Not sure how this company stays in business or how the driver we had can live with himself knowing he has never delivered the rest of the order. I don't even want it anymore.

• Io
    iowasteak Sep 26, 2012

In response,
    I am for you having a right to voice your opinion, but as far as you slandering my company and my crew I take offense . Our company puts a priority on customer satisfaction.
    My office handles hundreds of happy customers every week, if someone does have a concern we take care of them immediately. As far as my team being crooks, I could not have a more honest, hardworking team. We just finished with are yearly food drive for the homeless. I grew up here and take pride in my community, as do my drivers. We also have a alcohol and drug free work environment. Drivers are tested regularly.
    I will be glad to take any calls with questions about pricing and or product freshness at [protected]( Jay )