Having problems with Iowa Steak?

Iowa Steak reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 28, 2009. The latest review Whole products was posted on Jul 24, 2021. The latest complaint quality & service was resolved on Jul 16, 2014. Iowa Steak has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 77 reviews. Iowa Steak has resolved 29 complaints.

Iowa Steak Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 995 7810 (Customer Service)
+1 515 986 1085 (Grimes, IA)
+1 248 471 5200 (Farmington Hills, MI)
+1 952 707 0300 (Burnsville, MN)
+1 309 495 9717 (East Peoria, IL)
+1 330 374 1889 (Alsip, IL & Stow, OH)
+1 513 825 8000 (Cincinnati, OH)
+1 816 801 7020 (Riverside, MO)
+1 314 439 0257 (St. Louis, MO)
+1 901 872 9343 (Memphis, TN)
+1 615 984 4862 (Smyrna, TN)
+1 817 652 9200 (Amarillo & Arlington, TX)
+1 253 531 3172 (Spanaway, WA)
+1 405 616 2000 (Oklahoma City, OK)
+1 303 761 4600 (Sheridan, CO)
1441 29th St Ste 210

Fax: +1 405 616 2009

Sheridan, CO
3545 South Platte River Drive, Unit C, Sheridan, CO 80110
Fax: +1 303 761 4949

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Iowa Steak Customer Service. Initial Iowa Steak complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Iowa Steak above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Iowa Steak. Discuss the issues you have had with Iowa Steak and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Iowa Steak Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Iowa Steak Company — poor qualtiy meat/ bad customer service

I bought the steak package from a salesman who told me these steaks would melt in my mouth and would have a...

Iowa Steak Companyovercharged

This meat truck pulled up to me at a gas station saying they had great steak for really good prices. I told them I was not interested because I do not cook very often but then they said they had $3 fillet's. I took a look and he tried selling me a case of like 50 steaks. I declined and he asked if I'd buy 10 steaks for $30. I reluctantly agreed. He manually wrote down my credit card info and had me sign it. He didn't mention that afterwards he added on a 10% tip and didnt authorize that with me. He also did not give me a receipt. His name is Ryan and he wrote his number as [protected]. I don't appreciate being scammed, especially on purchases that I made just to be nice basically. I called the company and they are trying to be nice and help me out, but I'm not sure there is much I can do at this point. Don't buy from this scammer.

• Ba
      Baciamicaro Jan 07, 2011

Hiya JDH, it's doing well, thanks. :)

• Ba
      Baciamicaro Jan 07, 2011

Wow, you really did let yourself be taken. Have you contacted your credit card company or bank so they can dispute the charges? I've done half thoughtless things before too and I hate when someone points out the obvious mistakes and blunders, but I'm gonna do it to you now :) First of all, it would have seemed very odd to me that a steak truck is selling steaks at a gas station. I don't care to be rude to people, but when I say no, I mean no. I would have walked away. Secondly, why would you ever give your credit card number and your signature to some dude who is selling steaks (who knows what he could have injected into those steaks) from outside of a gas station and get no receipt?

Seriously, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. I hope you get this issue resolved in a way that pleases you.

Iowa Steaks — illegal charges

On Sept. 18, 2010 a rep. named nathan darby and his wife did an off line voucher{ food stamps} for 5 boxes of...

Iowa Steak Company — bad meat bad customer service

Bought a case of meat from them.The salesman tried to get me to let him carry it in the house and put it away...

Iowa Steak Company — poor food

I really should have known better, but we were trying to get ready for the 4th of JULY. I thought I'd...

Iowa Steak Companypoor customer service

I recently bought one of the steak packages from Iowa Steak Company and found out about their 3-day cancellation policy. So, within 24 hours, I told them that I had been running the numbers and didn't think that I was getting as good of a deal as they were trying to say that I was, so I asked them to come back and get it. Well, they said that the money had already been withdrawn from my account, but it would be refunded within a few days. Well, it's been over a week and no activity... I called customer service and they said that nothing had ever been recorded about me cancelling the order and wanting a refund. THIS IS NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO BE TRUSTING WITH YOUR MONEY!!!

Shut Them Down May 22, 2010

Thats how they keep your money.
        They are crooks and will not give you your money back with out a fight.
        Keep fighting e-mail all you state reps and never stop. We need tougher laws on these people

Chad_in_Asia May 21, 2010

Just chargeback then.

Iowa Steak Companyrip off, bad meat

My wife was home doing yard work when this pick up truck with a freezer in the back pulled in to our drive way. Two men where in the truck, one guy got out of the truck and asked my wife if she liked steak? She answerd yes I do and the guy said let me show you what I have. After 20 mins of telling her that it was all usda prime steak and was all range free and no additives, my said she would need to call me and see if I wanted it. The man said that he really had to sell it fast that they where giving all profit to help childrens hospital burn ward and only had 15mins to trun in. So she went into the house and got our check book and wrote a check for $349.00 the man I think he told her his name was Mike asked if she could give him the cash because time was running out to turn in the money and the person that turned in the most cash was getting a big bonus from the company. So she did just to help out the kids and Mike. When I got home she told me what she has done and asked if i would like to have steak for dinner. as she was starting to cook it it smelled bad. I looked at the box to see if the steak was any good and found that it was full of additives and that my wife paid over $26.00 a pound for this meat and none of it was prime meat like she was told. So the day I called the store and talked to this nice lady and told her everything and she told me that Mike would be out to pick up the meat and give me a refund. Well a week went by so I called again and the same lady told me she gave it to Mike to get it takin care of, I asked to speak to some one in charge and was put on hold, a man by the name of Steve answerd the phone and I told him the story from the start and right off the rip he told me that none of his guys would ever say what Mike said to my wife, so I asked to talk to his boss and he told me he was the director of operations and there was no one above him and hung up on me. So then I did some reserch on Iowa steak and Steve, I found their web site and called their corp. office and they told me they had no director of opperations that Steve Evans was the manager of that store. So again I told them the story and they said they would call me back. Still not hearing from them I did some more checking up on them and found out that Childrens hospital never heard of or have never gotten any money from an Iowa Steak co. Wow who would stoop so low to sell meat? I also took some of the meat to a friend of mine who is a butcher and he said it was clear the the meat was thawed and refrozen. After everyone I have talked to and after all the phone calls I still havent got my money back and I'm still investigating this company. I found out the most of their employees including the manager is felons and they have no permit to go door to door selling anything. People beware do not buy from fly by night meat companies that drive in trucks to your house...

• Sc
          Scrimpets May 24, 2013

Thankfully I didn't buy and I flat out didn't like the door to door tactic at all. I was in my rural property in the middle of a field essentially last night when the guy approached me and continued - I counted literally 8 times after my "no" trying to reduce the price and appeal to me. Thankfully he finally went away but it took a LOT of pursuing and he ignored so blatantly all my declines that it irritated me. And I'm busy and in my own home and don't want to be bothered. Now I worry about the felons and no permit to sell door-to-door part. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Fi
          firefighterus2000 Jun 07, 2011

we bought some meat from the same company. I called them the next day and stopped payment on my check. The meat was so tuff you coudn`t even chew it, the hamburgers looked like soy burgers, But low and behold in 2 weeks they came and got the remaining meat and gave me back my check with no problems< I hope they never stop again

Thanks for the repost...
          Anything helps spred the word that the Iowa steak company is a big rip off

Iowa Steak Company — bad steaks poor customer service

I bought assorted steaks from Iowa Steak Co and would never again! The rib-eyes were not only tough, but...

Iowa Steak Company — bad meat

I purchased soe meat from one of there salesman that drives around selling meat. I've purchased meat...

Iowa Steak Company — sales reps

Wish i would have read these complaints before i dealt with these guys. Havent tried the steaks yet but the...

Iowa Steak Company — horrible food and service

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH EVER. THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE AND OFFERED TO GIVE ME STEAK THAT...

Iowa Steak Companyripped off

Iowa Steak company claimed to have sold my late brother a steak package. All I found was an empty third-rate chest freezer when I looked for the steaks in the chest freezer in the garage . When I requested a copy of the retail contract as executor for my brother's estate, the company keeps stonewalling me and has set a collection agency on me. Do not do business with the Illinois branch of this company and avoid their local rep, Joe Lefler like the plague; unless you like getting scammed.

SaundraHD May 29, 2013

Over the memorial weekend, this guy came up in truck on our street, claiming that he could give a good deal on the meat and seafood.
            He pull out a chart with prices and he proceed to ofter the deal which consist of two types of steak, ribeye (8) and t-bone (4) and the t-bones were missing the small side. He said the he would throw in some sea food as a bonus...all for $130. During the exchange which should have been 3paks of snow crab-legs, and cooked shrimp. He pull a bait and switch on us. This so-called deal was missing the shrimp. We caught up to him and the next street. Of course he denied that the shrimp was part of the deal.. I looked at him and thought to myself, I hope that this meat I just brought be all that this liar said it was...I regret this sale so far...haven't eaten the meat yet. all I can think about is how I was not paying attention to this hustle. Is there honesty in the people who represent this product/bussiness. I will see. This occurred in Columbus Ohio.

Shut Them Down May 18, 2010

The Iowa steak company will scam you any way they can. People need to wake up and see that they are not getting a deal from them you are getting ripped off if you buy. Just about anyone can buy it direct from stampede for about $60.00 a case so why spend over $200.00 from some fly by night meat company.

Iowa Steakpoor pruduct and vindictive company

I bought 170.00 in meat from Iowa Steak last summer, guaranteed my satisfaction. I entertained a bbq cooking almost all of it, the steak fell apart and everyone had complaints. I decided to cancel my check, first check I've ever cancelled. Iowa Steak sent me to collections. I cooperated with collections and wrote a reason for my cancelled check as requested. Iowa Steak did not except my reason (big suprise). Now 7 months later they want to charge me over 500.00 in penalties, collections is calling me all of the time and my mail box is flooded. I'm sorry I ever trusted their guarantee. They have really stuck it to me. Don't buy their meat, it's bad product, they won't except thats it's bad prduct, and when you don't pay they will send collections after you like rabid dogs. -Lorelei IA

Noah Goodsteak May 03, 2013

@Lorelei - then they will catch those dogs, process and package them, and try to sell them to you!

Noah Goodsteak May 03, 2013

It really is mystery meat, with a texture one would not recognize as beef, regardless of freezing method. Strange taste. Road-kill mule, maybe?

• Bi
              Bill Loukinjohn Mar 09, 2010

This company sells flash frozen no-roll beef from the back of pickup trucks. For not much more you can get grain fed premium beef from Omaha Steaks-a real company with a real brick and mortar office. Iowa Steaks meat guarantee is simply this-Return any meat they can resale and they will refund a portion of your purchase price. Stay away from Iowa Steaks, the meat is dripping in dangerous chemicals to tenderize, flavor and preserve this mystery meat.

Iowa Steakbad product - crooks

Iowa Steaks is the single worst business I have ever encountered. I have never written an online review but felt compelled to do this one.

The meat is generally disgusting. I ended up tossing out much of it because I could not bear to take another bite.

The steaks are the worst meat I have ever purchased. I could not find any meat in any market that sinks to the level of this garbage. No reputable market could stay in business selling this trash. I couldn’t even use it in stews or casserole

Many of the packages leak when thawed. (Which is why they suggest you thaw them on the grill and not in the fridge) .

The chicken is somewhat edible but has a strange texture and strange seasonings/flavors, dry . Many of the packages leak when thawed.

Filet Mignon is edible but not good. (These didn’t leak)

The worst part is the sales technique. I was shown many packages of meat and when I agreed to purchase, the sleazy low-life rip-off ### meth-head that was selling this crap insisted on stocking my freezer over and over and over and over again which I thought was odd, When I refused he insisted that he needed the individual cartons back for some “sales incentive” and quickly dumped all the individual pieces of meat into large cartons and virtually ran away.

The reason is that what is on top of the individual steak boxes is not what is on the bottom. You will end up with a lot more chicken than what you bargained for!!!

I should have known better when they were willing to come down by almost half the original asking price---shame on me—I know better but I never imagined they could be as bad as they are. Why are they still in business??

These people are lower than drug dealers, pimps, lawyers or even bankers.

The only good news is that I haven’t gotten sick from this crap.

Stay away! Stay away!!! Stay away!! You will be ripped off.

Shut Them Down May 18, 2010

We need to put a stop to Iowa steak company.
                We are here to help people that get ripped off by fly by night companies.
                We have over 400 people wright about Iowa steak company so now we are stepping up to ether to get them to do it right or get them out of our towns.
                Contact us at: [email protected]
                Give us your complaints and we will do the rest. It's time to fix this and take our streets back.
                Dont get ripped off by Iowa steak again.

Iowa Steakcomplainers

I think that it is fantastic that there is a website designed only for people with some grudge to ### about something, all the while selling ad space to some competition (coincidence that meat is advertised for sale next to complaints against a meat company, cell phones next to a cell company complaint, no space for props or happy customers I am at least glad that all the malcontents have a place to comiserate together. I think that a better judge of a business would be a non biased non profit website but maybe it wouldnt help you all feel better, I know I need to created a website to complain about everyones wives and sell advertisments to mail order bride comapanys? anyone care to respond to that or just complain that you are not smarter that the average bear and feel taken advantage of just go on to your regular miserable lives and cry in a corner see through the commercialism and know that everyone has a right to face their accuser if they weren't hiding behind their pc's

• Lo
                  loreleiofIA Mar 09, 2010

This comment screams Iowa Steak employee. This is a site for complaints, they are helpfull to consumers and it's hypocritical of you to even post a complaint about complainers. What a joke. - Lorelei IA

• So
                  SoWhat Feb 27, 2010

accusers like you?

Iowa Steak Companysteak very toough

We received a package steak promotion and the steak (sirlion was a tough even tougher than shoe leather.
                Would like refund or more steak. We still have the piece of steak if you would like to see it.

• Mp
                    mphyle0927 Dec 25, 2019

The driver claimed freshness and quality. It is none of those. Absolutely the worst beef I have ever purchased. I want my money back.

• He
                    Heather White Jun 03, 2010

OMG! I am from SE Iowa and am having the same troubles with them! the meat was disgusting. We never even got to the shoe leather part that everyone is talking about - we had to throw out our ribeyes - they smelled rotten after they were cooked. I have been trying for months to get a return of my money but of course, after 3 days, I can only get an exchange. If the first meat was bad, why wouldn't the next batch be? I don't know what to do..I have spoken with corporate and everything and although they are very nice at the upper level, I am still not getting a monetary refund. They are saying I will only get an exchange but I haven't even seen that yet. Please keep me in the loop. Heather White @[email protected] - thanks so much!

Shut Them Down May 22, 2010

My name is John Smiles aka Shut them down. I have nothing to hide and I never worked for you and never would.
                    But thank you Irish for your commit.

Shut Them Down May 18, 2010

Thanks for helping us spred the word on how the Iowa steak company is such a rip off.
                    Please let all your friends know and e-mail your state reps and lets get these fly by nights off the streets.
                    If you would like e-mail us your name, city and state and we will do all the work for you.
                    E-mail us at: [email protected]

Iowa Steak Co. — meat delivery

I work with Iowa Steak Company, my name is Jeff Kosmyna. I am one of the head managers with the company. It...