Iowa Steak Companyhorrible food and service

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH EVER. THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE AND OFFERED TO GIVE ME STEAK THAT WOULD MELT IN YOUR MOUTH.THE FIRST TIME WE TRIED IT IT WAS HORRIBLE, I CALLED THE WORKER BACK AND TOLD HIM TO COME BACK FOR IT AND HE STARTED CUSSING AT ME AND HUNG UP ON ME.SINCE THEN I HAVE CALLED THE MAIN OFFICE AND SPOKE WITH BOB LESLIE AND HE IS NO BETTER, HE HAS A VERY FOUL MOUTH AND HAS NO CLUE HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH RESPECTABLE PEOPLE.THIS PLACE IS A JOKE AND FOR ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HASNT DONE BUSINESS WITH THEM PLEASE DONT AND FOR THOSE THAT HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH THEM THEN YOU ALREADY KNOW THEY ARE A JOKE.THEY DONT RETURN PHONE CALLS FOR NOTHING AND WHEN THEY DO THEY ARE SO RUDE.I DONT KNOW HOW THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS BUT IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO I WILL HELP TRY TO GET THEM OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO REASON TO BE IN BUSINESS BECAUSE REAL BUSINESS PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO ACT AND HOW TO SELL QUALITY MEAT.THERE TRUCKS ARENT EVEN QUALITY, THEY ARE PICK UP TRUCKS WITH RUSTY FREEZERS ON THE BACK OF THEM.WHAT A BUSINESS

JoMarie68 Aug 07, 2016

I am a new customer who was talked into purchasing meat from Iowa Steak Company. You couldn't tell when it was frozen, but when the ribeye was defrosted, it had been ran through a meat tenderizer. My family has done nothing but complain when I asked them their opinion. I paid cash when I bought the meat as I was uncomfortable giving them a check or credit card number. I really wish I would have sent them on their way when they stopped at my house. I looked at the flyer that was given to me by the driver. It stated they would exchange any product I am dissatisfied with. I am dissatisfied with all of it! I will never buy meat like this again!

• St
    steaksssss Jul 25, 2012

Wow you guys sound like a bunch of haters. My first question is why does everyone try to guess what the owners of these companys pay and the contractors. when you go to Walmart do you stand there with the cashier and argue your price or try to figure out what the owners are paying .Look these guys order alot of meat so of course they are getting it at a cheaper price they spend thousands not bc it is low grade meat.And to all the people who get on hear and brag about what they did or said to the meat man ((GROW UP)))) what are you eight years old, lets pick on the guy who is working out in the hot sun or the winter wind.I wish I would knock on your door bc I would have no problems with making you feal about a inch big just as your trying to do to us .You little bully.Only unhappy people act this way I am sorry your life sucks so bad you must act as a child.

• Fp
    fpcd Jul 19, 2011

I have purchased from these 'drive by' meat salesmen twice in my life. Once about four years ago, and again about two months ago. I honestly dont remember the name of the companies, but they were not the same each time. THAT BEING SAID, I will say that the quality of the meat and seafood we got both times was very decent, almost excellent in my opinion... almost. I didnt have a problem with the prices we paid either, because when you worked out the numbers, they sold a good steak for a fair price, and drove it our house. sorry to hear someone else did not have a good experience. Again, I dont remember if I dealt with this particular company you guys are talking about...

AnnaB'sMomma May 12, 2011

if you know so much--you would know that its per serving love.. not by pound. there are felons working everywhere btw.. ;) the valets, gorcery store workers, most construction and maintenance men, I could go on forever ;) thats how it is with every sales job- they have to make money somewhere too.. ur ###ing rediculous learn how to spell

• Sh
    Shut Them Down May 22, 2010

Good for you fabes253 you didnt fall for the lies

• Fa
    fabes253 May 21, 2010

Shady Business

A salesman came to my door, and was bragging about selling me premium rib-eyes for 3 bucks a steak. I called him out on it and stopped his sales pitch and said for him to give me 5 Rib-eyes at that price. I told him I had 20 bucks cash on me right now. He then told me he couldn't do that... ok? You just told me you could sell me rib-eyes for 3 bucks a pop so why not? He said he just couldn't do it like that, and that I would have to buy a case, I said but I just only want 5 rib-eyes and I didn't have more cash on me, then he proceeded to ask for my credit card number, I told him to get lost.

• Sh
    Shut Them Down May 18, 2010

I agree Iowa steak is the worst so called meat company out there.
    To see there employees commiting on here saying how good they are. LOL. for those of you that do not know much about the Iowa steak company, well let me tell you.
    The owner buys his meat from Stampede, Stampede sells to just about every so called meat company that sells meat out of the back of a truck. Not to bad mouth Stampede they are a very good company and they do sell very good meat to their high end customers.
    Back to Iowa steak, the owner pays $50.00 a case from Stampede he than hires sub-contractors to not oonly sell but to run his so called stores. Why would a company hire nothing but sub-contractors? So nothing can come back to you. "FLY BY NIGHT". The owner than has these sub-contractors (most are felons) paying $99.00 to $108.00 a case and anything they sell it for over that is how they get paid.
    Now lets do the math.
    A case of their meat has 56 cuts of poor tasting meat, about 30lbs of bad meat.
    Owner pays $50.00 for the case, thats .89 cents a cut and $1.66 a pound. Not bad
    The driver pays $100.00 for the case, thats $1.78 a cut and $3.33 a pound. thats about as high as I would pay for this meat.
    Now the driver sells it to the public for $300.00 saying that its top of the line steak and usda prime/chouice. No additives (thats a lie over 3% additives) no colors no dies and on and on. LIES
    At $300.00 for a case, thats $5.35 a cut and dont forget that 18 of them 56 cuts are hambuger so your paying $5.35 for a 1/3lbs hamburger.
    Thats over $10.00 a pound wow and thats if you get the beef.
    the chicken is only 18lbs and the try to sell it for $169.00 OMG thats $9.39 a pound for chicken.
    PEOPLE WAKE UP.
    OF CORCE THE EMPLOYEES WILL TRY AND SAY HOW GOOD IT IS, THEY MAKE ANYWARE FROM $60.00 TO $300.00 OFF EACH DEAL, THATS OUT OF YOUR POCKIT INTO THEIRS. JUST DRIVE TO THE STORE AND SAVE THE $300.00 FOR YOURSELF

• 10
    100% Satisfied Customer Apr 19, 2010

Please be advised that all complaints on this website have been made by a former employee that was fired for the theft of these products. Please pay no attention to this nonsense. Hope this doesn't stop you from your consideration in purchasing these products. As you know all products are guaranteed for one year should you have any problems or concerns. They have been tested for restuarant use, many different restaurants today are using this product.