Int*intelius Sb - WAI have been charged 19.95 for months

O

I have been charged since april to november by this company, for a lookup that I did on april. I never signed anything. And never used their service. I have been paying $160 for something I never used

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Nov 28, 2011

If you still need assistance with your account please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

George C Saufley Feb 25, 2012

We need to come together and hire a private investigator.

George C Saufley Feb 25, 2012

In the 1980's I got scammed by a 900 number telephone company. I nor my children made the calls someone got access to my phone when I was out and I got a $10, 000 phone bill. A friend that I meet in Toastmasters International was a private investigator I got the calls taken off of my bill. I found out that over a million people got scammed that way. The local police and judges looked the other way. I found out that the companies that ran phone scams were giving the politicians millions of dollars in re-election funds through lobbies under the table.

George C Saufley Feb 25, 2012

I put in one address for one thing and they posted that they charged 95 cents for one time use they posted that one can pay the one time fee or pay a yearly fee of $19.95 for a yearly use. Sometime later I got phone call and someone asked me if I wanted to do a survey and I said yes then they said they changed their minds about the survey. After that I started getting a monthly bill from INT*INTELLUS SB WA . This seems to me to be a deceptive sales practice designed to take advantage of senior citizens and busy people. Do they think that we don't remember. I think it's age discrimination. So If they challenge you indicating that you agreed Don't let them get you. I know a number of people who have got scammed or used that way by other sales type websites. Plan to go to call them back and go to my bank if I don't get response will call or email the Federal Trade Commission.

johndeland34 Feb 24, 2012

I think this is a scam i didn' t for. I put in for a address a one time thing for 95 cents INT*INTELIUS SB- and on this month statement they charged my checking account for $19.95 which I did not authorize. How can I put a stop to this I am a senior citizen and I cant put out $19.19 for nothing Other people told me they keep on charging every month. Please let me know how to stop this.

Janet Kelly 1612 Alligator Rd Deland FL 32724

johndeland34 Feb 24, 2012

i SIGN UP FOR A ONE TIME THING OF .095 AND INT*INTELIUS - SB AND NEVER GOT THE INFORMATION THAT I SIGNED UP FOR BUT I PAID THE 95 CENTS NOW ON THIS MONTHS STATEMENT THEY ARE CHARGING ME $19.95 WHICH i DID NOT ASK FOR. OR SIGN UP FOR. DO I HAVE TO DO, CALL THE BANK AND STOP IT WHICH I WILL PROBALY HAVE TO PAY FOR OR WILL THEY TAKE CARE OF IT FOR ME.PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS FOR ME. JANET KELLY 1612 ALLIGATOR RD DELAND, FL 32724

• Bu
    BUEN Feb 18, 2012

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!!

• Gl
    Glee Suntrup Jan 15, 2012

Dear Intellius Customer Support, (The "People Search" scam artists), and unsuspecting consumers,

Organizations like yours are why we need the Consumer Protection Bureau to protect US citizens from sneaky, hidden, virtually undetectable, teeny print used to deceive consumers to rope them in to monthly charges for an entirely unrelated service. Consumers are surprised to later be hit with monthly charges for your worthless service when they examine their monthly statements. As is all too often with rip-off artists such as your company, it is again virtually impossible to find the "cancel membership" section on your web site. Interesting that there is no confirmation number for cancellations to provide to your credit card company, nor is their an email sent to confirm the cancellation of the account. I assume that these scam artists don't want angry consumers to have evidence or proof of the cancellation in order to make certain that bogus charges are stopped?? Gee, wonder why this might be so? Your company lures unsuspecting consumers with false advertising like a one-time 99 cent offer to get an address . . . Isn't this commonly referred to as "bait and switch"? This is always the case with underhanded (should be illegal), tactics to fool consumers and rope them in to a recurring monthly charges for an entirely different service they have no clue about. Shame on your company, and shame on you personally, for lowering yourself to help them do these things to unwitting consumers. This company hopes consumers do not review their monthly statements, then make it impossible to re-coop the charges already made. BEWARE PEOPLE!!! UNBRIDLED DECEIT AND GREED AT WORK! I intend to post this in every conceivable location on the web to warn consumers. I only hope it helps to bring attention before your company has the next chance to rip people off. Fight back people!!!
    Sincerely, Glee Suntrup (Very angry activist consumer)

• Ke
    Kevin E Rice Jan 10, 2012

This bull sh9it been on my card two months now, i couldnt tell what it was. hopw do I get them to stop i dont use this ###?