Interval Consulting GroupFraud

T

Well, I sent my refund letter in three weeks ago and I got it back in the mail yesterday, unopened and bearing a big yellow sticker on the front that reads, "Return to Sender, Not Deliverable as Addressed, Unable to Forward." I tried calling Interval this morning and their main customer service line is "Temporarily Disabled." How convenient for them!

I have my credit card company working on this now. I've also sent in a complaint to the BBB of Atlanta. I suspect that Interval will claim that they never received my letter, hence they've done nothing wrong here. I've made every possible effort to contact them. Not being able to be reached by phone, internet or mail says volumes about the type of business you run!

I have a feeling that any further posts here will be from customers that feel duped, disenfranchised or just need a place to vent about Interval Consulting Group. If you just got involved with them, get out now! They are ever so surely going to disappear with your money.

More Interval Consulting Group Complaints & Reviews

karen Apr 23, 2009

Have you tried to sell your ts with them? If so what happened?If the didn't sell it did you get your money back?

karen Apr 23, 2009

Need more info as to the complaint? Did you try to sell your ts with them? If so what happened?

karen Apr 23, 2009

Need more information regarding your dissatisfaction with the company? What happened?

• Er
    Erica Apr 26, 2009

I would like to know as well what the complaint is? I sent a request in and got an e-mail from this company then a follow up with a very prompt phone call. I have done all my research and even contacted the BBB and there are no complaints at all with this company. I believe they are affilated with Interval International/RCI they have a lot of credability and I feel like this is the right company to go with. I don't know what the complaint is either???

• In
    Informed Consumer Apr 26, 2009

I wanted to clairify somethings, This is not the company I wanted to blog about however It won't let me change it once you write it. There is a company called "timesharesonly" that I believed to be a bad deal. Sorry for the misunderstanding fellow bloggers.

Sincerely,

Wayne

• Cr
    Crissy Apr 28, 2009

They are not affiliated with RCI or II. I live in Georgia and there is no such business at the address they provided. I am so glad I did not give my credit card number to them!!! Who are they? Where are they? Why can;t I meet them face to face?

• De
    Deb Apr 29, 2009

ICG Commerce Inc
    Not Rated | Write a Review

3525 Piedmont Road Northeast,
    Atlanta, GA 30305

[protected]

I just found this by going to Superpages. The 3525 address on Piedmont corresponds to 7 Piedmont Center. Looks like they share space with Lawson Peters a CPA. RATING 5 stars.

Lawson Peters CPA
    (2) Read Reviews | Write a Review
    3525 Piedmont Road, 7 Piedmont Center, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30305 zip code
    lpeterscpa.com

John S May 07, 2009

So has anyone actually used them?? They are sending me over the contract tomorrow for my review. Have they sold a timeshare for anyone? Any advise please.

• It
    Itsme May 13, 2009

I just received a call from Kim who works for Interval. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with selling their timeshare? This woman even gave me her "cell" number. When I asked if she was based out in Florida (hint the 404), she said no we're in Atlanta. The fee was $1998.00 which she'd drop to $600.00 to beat out other agencies. SO what next? Do I continue with the transaction?

John S May 13, 2009

Have we still not found anyone who has sold a timeshare with this company?? They told me my fee's were around $800 so I think I need to leverage that if they came down on your's because of competition. Someone who has sold a timeshare with this company needs to post please. Did they give you an estimate of what they would sell it for? and if so did it seems unrealistic?

• Te
    Ted Thorton May 13, 2009

We were with this company for about 8 months and they did sell our timeshare however we only got $8, 300.00
    when we paid $14, 000...
    They are very customer friendly but some of the offers we got in the begining were a litlle on the low end so we decided to take the $8, 300.00 after 8 months
    I would suggest never to buy a timeshare!

Sincerely,

John S May 14, 2009

Was the 8300 in the garentee or did they tell you more?

• Te
    Ted Thorton May 14, 2009

the contract was for $10, 000 so they were $1, 700 off the contract however my wife told me to take the $8, 300. during our time with this company I believe we got a total of 7 offers. good customer service though!!
    my only suggestion to everyone is to always check there BBB rating before making your choice.
    Good company however I am kicking myself for buying a timeshare!!!
    Hope this helps

Ted

John S May 14, 2009

The only problem with checking with the BBB is that this company has only been a member since march 09, so not much history

• Bi
    Bill May 19, 2009

Maybe I should have come here to begin with. I just signed up to sell my albatross, timeshare but it sounds like Ted has the right answer, never but a time share.
    If I get the $800 we paid plus anything, at least we will be out from the maintenance and tax burden, on an annual basis.
    Bill

• Vo
    volleyaa May 25, 2009

Yes, like John says, this company has only been a member since March of 09 and that is when they started their business. Their "guarantee" states that they have six months to sell your timeshare. Well, they have not been in existence for six months so of course they have no complaints. The woman I dealt with was very nice as well but they were very adamant about wanting the $800 up front for advertising costs. She claimed that they sold timeshares face to face, but if you look really closely at their website it says that they actually DO NOT sell them face to face. I am waiting until October and checking back to see if they have any complaints and then I will go with them. There are too many scams out there in reselling of timeshare, and this one shares the same symptoms as the ones that hundreds of people complain about on a daily basis. I am just as eager to dump my timeshare, but will wait until their six month guarantee passes. Good to see that Ted above had a good experience, though.

ImPaul Jun 02, 2009

I'd like to thank everyone for their postings. I'm on the way of deciding whether or not to list my timeshare with ICG as well. The telemarketing/sales person seems quite honest - but I've had negative experience w/ another company in the past - which poisons my generally trusting nature. Has anyone else found anyone who has done business w/ this company?

The sales person I've been talking with is Tony. Quoted a price of $approx. $1200. I've seen other prices quoted above, I'd like to hear from anyone who REALLY dealt with IGC and was charged different price. I'm willing to share my e-mail address to get this info if required.

Thanks.

Paul

• Be
    beachbaby Jun 04, 2009

I just purchased a timeshare from this company for $7500.00. To me it was a great deal since my husband and I would have spent alot more going to a timeshare presentation. I would recommend anyone out there interested in purchasing a timeshare go through the second hand market. You can find people who are willing to negotiate. Just make sure the property has a deed!

• It
    itsme Jun 05, 2009

Hi John S. It did seem unrealistic!! She stated that she would post it for 24 grand and for me not to except anything below 20grand. Honestly, I was only looking for about 10 grand for it. She's been calling me ever since and I'm still going to try an talk that 600 down a little and see what happens.

none Jun 06, 2009

Interval Consulting Group is a SCAM,

Yes they have a A- from BBB, but they have been registered for less than 4 months and "in business" for a short time prior. They claim to "sell your time share within 18 months" for a large up-front fee. They also claim they will refund this amount if they don't.
    I read the contract and found a few undefined terms. I asked about these discrepancies
    and the girl that helped me, I think her name was Jessica (who, according to her, made 6-figures with a company than had been in business lass than two years) got a little flustered. I then offered to split the cost of the total sale of the property 50/50 (with the company that was so sure they could sale my timeshare for 3 times what it is worth- please, look around, I would GIVE my timeshare away in exchange for the maintenance fees like many others).
    Apparently, for seem reason this was unheard of, they HAD to be up-front fess, blah blah blah.
    I explained that I purchased my property second hand from a reputable organization that did not require up front fees and have been contacted MANY times before from unrepeatable scam artist over the last two years (all of which I investigated extensively), and hence would not consider paying them money for a timeshare that was not worth what they were selling for.
    She accused me of yelling at her and got extremely defensive and started talking over me in a angry tone.
    I hung up.
    Give this company "18 months" and check back with the BBB.

• La
    Lawrence Jun 11, 2009

I signerd up with kim at 2 other companies. She told me she left the first company and went to a better one. I sent her a check for $1, 200 in adition to what i already paid her company. Now she called me from this company. How many time does she plan to screw me. I made a huge mistake writing the check to her personally!! These people are parasites bleeding the innocent dry! May they burn in hell!

James Jun 11, 2009

I worked for this company for a week but as an addict in recovery i could not jeopardize my sobriety working for a company that has alcohol and drugs being done out in the open at their desks while telling people they were selling timeshares. Be aware do not give your credit card information to this company, you will be sorry! Not only are they doing drugs and alcohol out in the open but they are leading good people to believe they are actually doing something more than selling you a dream. I am trying to make an improvement to my life not trying to make karma condemn me. Everyone please beware!!! Anyone who says this company helped them is working for that company!!!

• Js
    J. Stone Jun 12, 2009

This company is a complete fraud and is using spoofing to hide their real address which is in the State of Florida. Their real address in the State of Florida is 3830 South Nova Road Port Orange, FL 32127. Spoofing is against both federal and local state laws. In fact, in this case it is racketeering because they use call boxes to disguise their number so that it shows that it is in the State of Georgia and they are taking credit cards for over $ 1, 000 a pop.
    If you have been scammed by this company you need to report them to the BBB, the State of Florida Attorney General, the State of Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Affairs, the FBI, the FCC, the FTC, Police Department Port Orange Florida and the State of Georgia Attorney General's office.
    If you check back with the BBB ask them why they accreted an illegal company that has not been in business long enough by their own guide lines. That's right you the BBB should look into this major error that you made as well.

thatrichguy Jun 22, 2009

After having minimal success selling my timeshare through another company, I got a call from these guys. This was on the 4th of April. I dealt with Tony and he assured me that he could sell my timeshare within 6 months or my $1200 would be returned. He sounded very knowledgeable and I put my faith in the fact that he could get the job done. It's been almost three months now and had I not called him several weeks ago, I wouldn't have heard a peep.
    I'm beginning to get worried that I've been taken, because I haven't gotten one offer. He told me that it's the summer season and people would be more apt to buy now. Well, that doesn't seem to be the case. In fact, the same day I signed the contract with him, I received another call from TimesharesOnly and I told them I went with Interval. The guy there told me to back out now, that interval was a scam and that there are all kinds of companies out there that prey upon people. Without even telling him what the terms of my deal with Interval were, he pretty much nailed it, down to the dollar and the timeframes. He also told me that these companies often fold up shop before you can collect your refund after the 6 months. I ended up calling Tony back and speaking to him about this and he assured me that the guy was probably just trying to get me to switch to his company. I believed him, but am really skeptical now, especially since I haven't heard anything back from them.

Although I can't say anything negative so far, I want to know what they are doing for the $1200 I paid them. That's a lot of money.

• Mr
    Mr. Logan Jul 09, 2009

Ya know, I'm not a rocket scientist or anything, but seeing several negative complaints one right after another in the same text kinda seems fishy. I am currently a customer of Interval Consulting, and even though they have not sold my timeshare yet I have had several offers that I have declined. What I'm getting at is these complaints seem more like slander than anything. Why have none of you that have suppossedly been 'ripped off' made a valid complaint to the BBB? Maybe because you have NO VALID COMPLAINT! Just slumping sales! And even though my sales rep is tough to reach sometimes a call to customer service has never went unreturned. I just want to say THANK YOU ICG!

• Bi
    bigdog39 Jul 15, 2009

My husband and I went with this company to sell our time share in May of this year. We gave $500 to them to advertise...they orginally wanted nearly $2000 up front and we of course said no way. We paid nearly $10, 000 for our time share originally and they promised to try to get at least $18, 000. We talked to a lady named Kim as well who provided us with her cell phone number. Well, two months later, her cell phone number is no longer valid and we have not been able to make contact with her. Some lady from Pennsylvania answers when we call!!! They also promised us if they didn't sell our time share within 90 days, that they would refund our $500. Well, the 90 day mark is just around the corner and we have a bad feeling that we'll never see our money again!!!

thatrichguy Jul 17, 2009

I'm curious Mr Logan, Where is your timeshare that you are getting several offers? Mine is in Las Vegas, the highest demand of any place on earth, besides Hawaii, and I haven't gotten one offer since April 4th! You tell me whether you think that is slander or not (BTW, it would be libel, as it is written, not spoken).

I called my rep two days ago and his personal line was, you guessed it, NO LONGER IN SERVICE! I called the main customer service line and got through, only to find that my rep was "in a presentation all day" and that they had been having troubles with the phone company for three weeks. I don't know about you, but any reputable company that deals primarily by phone and who doesn't have their phone issues fixed within a few days, let alone hours, is very suspect to me.

I requested that my rep, Tony, call me back at his earliest convenience to discuss my case with me. I'm still waiting for that call...
    In the meantime, I think I'll give the Atlanta BBB a call.

christine woolley Jul 20, 2009

Hello there everyone,
    I am trying to sell mine with interval consulting and I paid upfront $300.00 and they told me 499.00 would be the cost to sell since they had to get the title company involved. I only got a call from jessica jensen who helped me and in some of the responses I read, she was the master mind behind all of the customer service calls to everyone who she promised to call and give offers to and not to take the first few cuz they will be low. She said she was going to list mine at $18, 998.00 since it was in disney and 2 bed 2 bath.. She got the money, and no calls for offers or anything.. I cant even get ahold of the big boss robert lapointe. jessica gave me her office number and then I call it back with in a week she said it was being remodeled and the phone was disconnected. This company sucks ###. please do not use them.. I am fighting with my bank to get the money back. So if anyone knows the name of the payment company they use to take the money from your account, please let me know. Please call me [protected]...

ImPaul Aug 10, 2009

Has anyone been successful in getting their money back by contacting ICG? How come no one has complained to the Better Business Bureau? or at least the website says no complaints filed?

Did anyone complain to ARDA, one of the memberships they tout on their website & in sales calls?

Did anyone complain to the Fl and or GA state government agencies that oversee the type of work ICG does?

I'm asking as I've been burnt too!!!

thanks,

~Paul

thatrichguy Aug 10, 2009

Paul, I feel your pain. If it weren't for me making repeated calls to the customer service line, I would never have heard from ICG. I've got less than two months left on my 180 days that I agreed to. I hope that they can prove me wrong. Actually, I am begging them to prove me wrong! So far they really have done nothing to ensure me that my money was well spent. If they do decide to screw me, they can't hide. I'll make it my
    mission to let everyone know how big of a sham their company is and how they prey upon people. Trust is a big deal with me. You blow that, you write your own death sentence! Try me ICG...you will not win by cheating!

ImPaul Oct 01, 2009

Hi Richguy -

Sorry I didn't get your response til now - 52 days later!!! Anyway, I agree w/ what you wrote - I'm hoping you've had positive news since you last posted. Am I deceiving myself???

Thanks,

Paul

thatrichguy Oct 02, 2009

My 180 days is up next Tuesday. I have my letter signed, sealed, and waiting to deliver. In that time frame, I got ONE offer and it was for $36, 000 less than what I was asking for. I laughed and said kindly, "No."

We'll see what happens. Any takers on what will happen? The pessimist in me is thinking the absolute worst, like they will fold up tent and I'll never be able to track them down. Or perhaps they take months to refund the money. Or even better yet, they find some loophole in the contract that stipulates they don't owe me a refund. When I called a few weeks ago and spoke to the customer service desk, the girl tried telling me that I was not entitled to a refund because they did bring me an offer and I refused it. I read the contract back to her that stipulates a refund if I am not brought an offer that I accepted within that timeframe (which I didn't) and she changed her tune and apologized, saying she thought I was on some other kind of contract.

Everything with this company makes me really skeptical. If they do hold up to their end of the bargain and refund my money immediately after they receive my refund request, I'll take back every bad word I've ever said about them. This will also restore my faith in humankind.

We'll see. I'm a fair person. Just don't like being taken as a sucker.

• Ru
    rudy z Oct 02, 2009

Greetings, thatrichguy: My 180 days ar up tomorrow--10/3. My experience with Interval Consulting Group is quite similar to your's. A person familiar with the company phoned yesterday indicating that the assets were frozen ?? apparently by the State of George or Florida. In my case, so she informed me, if letter sent by 10/3 (or 5 days afterward according to the contract), a refund to my credit card will be forthcoming. I'm very skeptical but worth try. I also had just one offer during the 6 month timeframe, way below the market value of the timeshare--I countered and heard no more. I questoned them (Gina Owens Accts. Mgr.) re: refund. She indicated that a "legitimate" offer was made, therefore they had fulfilled their reponsibilities. I questioned their definition of "legitimate" since not all offers are legitimate--if fact, the sc called offer could have been fabricated by ICG to falsely adhere to the contract.
    My plan of action is to 1. send letter to ICG on 10/3 (6th month date) requesting refund, 2. contact the dispute department of mycredit card company for advice, 3. depending on results, send letters with supporting documents to the Attorney Generals of Georgia and Florida.
    I welcome additonal advice.
    Regret to say it, but after reading your comments and others, Interval Consulting Group is another scam outfit. Hopefully, justice will previal.
    Rudyz

thatrichguy Oct 02, 2009

I just decided to take a look at the BBB Web site for this company and they have slipped from an A to a B rating. They are NOT an accredited BBB Business either. I have this suspicion that their rating will get worse before it improves. My gut feeling is not good. I guess I'll find out in the weeks to come.

• De
    Deb Oct 02, 2009

Everyone,

I'll assume you all received your "offers" via a telephone call, just like I did. Per my attorney, ICG's fake "ligitimate offer" scam would not stand up in any court as compliance to their contract, and they know it. I had already requested to see the offer in writing on 3 different occasions, and ICG cannot or will not produce it. That will be the basis of my request for refund when my 180 days are completed (November, 2009).

Rudy Z, can you elaborate further on your comment that ICG's funds/assets have been frozen? My search shows no public documents supporting that, but I may be looking in the wrong places...

Deb

Hey Deb,

I did receive my offer via telephone. I also received an e-mail prior to that stating that I would be getting a phone call regarding the selling of my timeshare. Now, I'm an educated man, so you can understand why the "money back guarantee" was what basically closed the deal for me. I figured that I controlled my own destiny in this situation. If I didn't like an offer, I could refuse it and after 6 months, if I still hadn't gotten one I liked, I could walk away like nothing had happened. Well, I had my timeshare originally listed for 52k, so you can imagine my disgust when they came to me 4 months later with an offer of 15k! I refused this politely and told them no. This was the only contact they have made with me in 6 months.

My contract states: "In the event that ICG does not fulfill the "for sale by owner" marketing agreement and bring a legitimate offer to the client that the client accepts for the named property by 180 days of contract, then the seller can request a full refund from ICG."

That slip from an A to a B rating so quickly after I signed this contract with them has me really skeptical though.

Rudy,
    Please elaborate on the "freezing of assets" comment you made above. Please educate us so we have more ammo to take to these guys should they default on their end of the deal. You guys ever hear the term "power in numbers?" We need to stick together in case legal action is needed. One voice can be easily ignored...many cannot!

-Rich

• Sp
    SPat Oct 09, 2009

I signed a contract with ICG in May and last week my sales rep contacted me that this company has had its merchant accounts frozen and that the top sales people had left the company for non payment of their commissions. I sent a refund cancellation notice via priority mail certified to the Piedmont address on the contract and it was returned as undeliverable. I then contact my credit card company and filled a dispute against the initial $2, 000 marketing fee. I also sent a copy of the refund cancellation letter via email to the addresses on the contract confirmation. I have contacted their customer service department via phone, registered my concern about the letter being undeliverable and was assured ICG was still in busy and she (Gina) did not know why my registered letter was undeliverable. She promised to speak to the owner and get back to me, which has not happen. I believe this company is a fraud/scam. If anyone knows of an bricks and mortar location address for ICG other than the Piedmont Center address, please respond.

• Da
    dallasqt9 Oct 09, 2009

Immediate attention! Our former salesperson called us this week to confirm that the company was going under. They took $2000 up front and did not market it or even bring us an offer back in 180 days (We were due our refund in a month). They are shutting their doors and running with people's money so I suggest you get your contract copy to them with a certified mail request in writing for a refund and contact your financial institution. We paid by Visa and are now having to get an attorney because Visa only protects you for 60 days. Absolute nightmare. Good Luck!! The website disappears more by the day and all the employees and sales reps have been let go www.intervalconsultinggroup.com

• Mr
    Mrberlaw Oct 23, 2009

I am in the same situation and I have sent my letter but get no answer from the company and have not received any calls.
    I am unemployed and this was my last hope I spent my last $600 to get rid of this time share that as an annual of $876 that I was not told of when I bought it. Looks like I got ripped twice. SO I'm in some deep Stuff. Thanks for All the info. I hope this is resolved for me and every one who is having the same problem

• 02
    0218lori Oct 23, 2009

Just reading up and I sent my paper work for my money back from ICG. And it came right back to me. I see the post that they are out of busness. I just talked to them 3 weeks ago. Great my luck!!