Info Experian Direct.comcharges to credit card

I have a charge on my credit card for Info Experian Direct.com Info EXD.com CA - there is no phone number or any way to contact this company to let them know I do NOT want this service. I have a charge of 14.95 Jan 9 2010 and I tried to send an email but it did not go thru - no other way to resolve this unless I dispute the charge. This company I believe this is a rip off way of trying to get a free credit report. I do not believe this is the actual Experian Credit Service company doing this.

• La
    ladyvamp22 Dec 03, 2012

DON'T GIVE UP - PLEASE READ!!! [protected] was a GOOD number. Just got off the phone with these guys. After verifying 3 security questions (CC#, Name, Last 4 Digits of Social) They pulled up my account and told me initially that the charges are valid and that they cannot refund them. I explained that I obviously am not receiving a service and should not be charged and wanted a refund for all months but the first one from when I logged onto FreeCreditReport.com. She put me on hold for a couple minutes. Then she came back and said she could give me 1 month credit and 1/2 off the service for future months. Since I had been charged for several months, I politely but sternly asked to speak to a manager or I was reporting this to the bank and credit card company. She put me on hold again for a couple minutes. When she came back she finally agreed to refund me the $71.80 that they owe me and cancel the service. I asked for her to confirm the amount of the credit and I asked for her name just in case I needed to call back ;) She said I should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours to confirm. I will post again if I have any problems. Moral is...don't give in to their initial offer! You can get your money back. Keep pushing! The 5-10 minutes is def worth getting your money back.

• Li
    Lichterfeld Jun 27, 2012

Getting billed $19.52 a month on my credit card, I was told by an employer to use this service to generate a credit report and I've been getting charged ever since. What can I do to get this straightened out?

• Gr
    grannykwk Nov 06, 2011

I ordered my experian credit report and score paying $35.00, a bit steep. I notice on my debit card account a charge for $19.34 a few days AFTER my initial contact with Experian. Today, I checked my card account and saw the same $19.34, it was then I became angry. Like the rest of you, I tried to contact "experiancreditrepinfoexd.com" with no results. I decided to GOOGLE it and found this site and others where people felt they were scammed. After speaking with a rep, who eventually agreed to refund 1 months charge, I insisted on speaking with a supervisor; was cut off, redialed, spoke with another rep and finally got a supervisor who has agreed to refund my card account $38.64 the total charged for the 2 months.
    I called [protected], then used menu #3 and then menu #2..GOOD LUCK and Thanks for the info BTW, credit refund expected in 7 - 10 days, we'll see, if not PAYPAL baby for sure.

• Da
    DaniellePlomchok Aug 22, 2011

I am having the same problem. I never clicked SUBMIT after entering my credit card info. Instead I realized what I was signing up for was not what I needed and clicked X to get out. Next thing I know I am being charged the $14.95 per month every month out of my bank! Help! Is the number in CA any good? Has anyone been able to get this off their card? Please call me if you know the answer to this-[protected]-Danielle from NJ

• Ug
    ugggg Jun 23, 2011

thanks for the help...

• He
    HenryD8 Jun 03, 2011

I am on the phone with them now [protected]) trying to get my money back. In my case, they've been charging me $14.95 for the last 18 months! Dummy me for not catching this sooner or reading the fine print. This sounds like we should start a class action law suit for this deceptive method of marketing!

• To
    touchdown0950 Jan 13, 2011

Info.experiandirect.com is Freecreditreport.com. I had the same thing happen to me and contacted free credit report.com and said that it an affilliate company of theirs. Usually this occurs when someone else another member of the family opens an additional account with freecredit. Freecreditreport.com removed the second EXPERIAN account immediately. You will need the credit card that is being charged to stop it when you call.BUT THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY!!! HOPE THIS HELPS

• Be
    beatrix3345 Oct 09, 2010

I cancelled this service last year and they recently started charging me again. I called today to cancel my supposed service and the rep said try to offer me a 50% off plan. She also said I could login in online. I tried and said my account did not exist. She then told me it was because of too many log in attempts. This company should be sued as far as I am concerned.

• Mc
    MCHR Oct 06, 2010

I remember authorizing a one time check on my and my partners credit, but don't recall allowing them to charge me monthly. By the way, I've never received anything in writing, email or phone, so I'm apparently not getting anything from this "service". I called on Monday and wasn't able to get anywhere. They said they could not cancel my membership because the credit card information was not found, but the $14.95 continues to come out of my bank account! Thanks to all of you, I now have 3 phone numbers to try. Wish me luck!

• Ri
    RichyG Sep 21, 2010

For those who posted before me----thank you so much. I fonally got my "membership" cancelled and will be getting "supposedly" a refund of $89.70. Couldn't have done it without good folks like everyone here. Gives me a little faith in humanity again.

• Sh
    Shuan Sep 07, 2010

They are scammers, I never authorized them to bill me monthly; I thought it was linked to the credit keeper I have enrolled with my credit cars company. They agreed to give one month credit; well friggn thanks! They said it would stop immediately and gave me a reference number. The correct telephone number for them is [protected]. Be blessed, and I hope this helped!

• Su
    suzyq67 Aug 31, 2010

I am SO GLAD I found this blog...I received charges on my credit card every month for sometime now...I called the bank and the only info they could give me on this company was: INFOEXD.COM & EXPERIAN DIRECT
    There was no phone number which was strange. So anyway, I tried finding infoexd.com and there is no such website. Thankfully, I found this blog and on one of the comments was a number [protected]) THIS WAS THE CORRECT NUMBER. They do ask your SS # and credit card # that the charges were applied to. I FLIPPED OUT and told them I was calling "SHAME ON YOU" if I dont get a refund. I was on hold quite sometime but they did refund me almost $100...this was very close to the amount they scammed me for. Bottom line is I should have been more careful and I should look at my statements EVERY month without fail. BUT they did take advantage with the "small print"...their clever, gotta give them that. Hope this helps anyone who has INFOEXD.COM on their statement...they have no phone number, no info at all about the charge...gee I wonder why that is...??

• Jm
    jmhudu Aug 18, 2010

Wow, well, I am the most redent patsy. I swear I didnt intentionally "enroll" in the free credit report, though I did complete part of the process. I am also PISSED at my Nordstrom bank for not taking action or being so oblivious to this kind of scam that they weren't able to look out fo their customers. This partnership is obviously not with me...it's with the money grubbing [censored]s at Experian.

• Wk
    wks Jun 30, 2010

SAme problem can not get to the company Will dispute the charges and stop the charge.

SAMANTHAM Jun 23, 2010

I HAVE CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR INFO EXPERIAN DIRECT.COM INFO EXD.COM THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THIS COMPANY TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I DO NOT WANT THIS SERVICES I HAVE CHARGES FOR 14.95 AND I WONT TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES AND GET A CREDIT TOWARD MY CREDIT CARD.

• Dc
    dcp45 Jun 01, 2010

I am going through the same thing too. I called back in January to cancel after searching for 4 hours with my bank to find a phone number. I finally got through and received a confirmation #. Unfortunately, we are still being charged and they constantly ask for my cc# (which I refuse to give). Today, I called 2 numbers and the second time they lady I spoke with stopped the processing for me. I have to write their consumer complaint office to get the monies they have been charging me since January. They can only refund my account for last month minus the tax part, which I think is bs...
    I will be reporting them to the BBB...
    This is ridiculous how much you have to go through and numerous times, at that, to get everything straightened out.

• Ku
    kutter beth May 21, 2010

This company is a rip off the free credit report or the $1 report ends up being over $40 be aware do NOT use these people !!! I called to straighten it out and got a foreigner I could barely understand that did not help me at all.

• Bw
    B. Warier May 18, 2010

Ditto. Just got off phone with them to cancel my 14.95 charges that have gone on for TWO YEARS. Thought is was a webhosting company I was using! They said they'll refund 89.00 but I'll have jump thru some hoops to get the full refund. I plan to report them to the Secretary of State in CA. They asked for sensitive info like birth dates and mother's maiden name, etc to "confirm" identity. I refused. Very suspicious outfit!

• Sc
    Screwd May 12, 2010

I had the EXACT same experience today as KMEG. They don't have numbers listed on their site. It's SOOO easy to sign up apparently but extremely difficult to cancel. I never signed up for this and am putting in a dispute of payments through my CC company and will probably file a complaint to the company. This is unethical on so many levels. They don't care about anything more than filling their pockets. Myfreecreditreport.com and experiandirect.com. Completely unethical, greedy men who care nothing for his fellow man. May God have mercy on their squandering souls.

• Ks
    kstokes606 Apr 28, 2010

I have the same problem. I have been charged $14.95 for a year, and did not know it. I also see another charge for Experian Credit for $19.95 for 6 charges, and than another 4 charges for $22.95. I us a free credit report company, and do not need to pay for one. I keep getting emails that my credit report has changed and I go to the web site, log in and then it ask for a credit card to order and view the report. This is a rip-off, and needs to stop.

• Wh
    Whatever!! Apr 15, 2010

Ditto all your comments - I am calling [protected] right now to get future charges cancelled. They are thieves as far as I am concerned, but I'm also mad at myself for not reading the VERY fine print...

• Ce
    cellomm Apr 01, 2010

I also have the same problem. The web site claims that they are unable to verify my credentials. What, they can find my credit card and charge it, but can't find me to send me a password for an account that they are charging me for? It started with a $24.99 charge that my late husband disputed. They said that they would cancel the account. Now that he has passed away, I now have time to look at the credit card account and they are still charging me $14.95 a month... for what? They are monitoring the credit of a man that is no longer alive, and he never wanted it anyway. These people are evil. This is the last thing that I need to deal with.

• Wh
    whatever guy Mar 24, 2010

Same thing happened to me. Apparently I didn't see where I was 'enrolling' in their worthless 'fraud prevention' service while doing an annual free check of my Experian credit report. I can't believe I missed this! I disputed the charges and canceled the credit card they charged but I doubt I will get a refund--their entire business model for these 'services' is obviously founded on tricking people so I'm sure they've got a pretty good legal basis for making charges stick... Argh. If you look at their website at infoDOTexperiandirectDOTcom it's obvious that their entire 'customer service' organization is dedicated to handling people who have just discovered the charges and want out.

• Km
    KMEG Mar 01, 2010

Called [protected] and was told they could not find my account information and asked for my social security number, which I refused to give them. They said they could not cancel the payment b/c they could not pull up my account but tried telling me I was a member and could log into my account via the internet. I have NO account and did not agree to become a member at any time. Called the credit card company and have disputed the charge to stop this payment. This company seems a little shady to me...how can you charge my account but not have my account listed in your system? UGH!!!
    KMEG

• Do
    DorisM Mar 01, 2010

For the experiandirect charges, call [protected]. my husband did not read the "fine print" and got us roped into this $16.28 a month mess. I got through early in the morning to the experian # listed here and got it cancelled. Be sure to get the experian employee's name and employee # fir reference.

• Ju
    Julia Maull Feb 26, 2010

I’m getting charged $14.95 every month on my bank account from “Info. ExperianDirect.” I couldn’t find any information on them by going to internet search and I called to Experian Credit Report agency and they give phone # [protected] and guess what; My house phone is blocked on there end I’m not aloud to call them for any reason. It’s a scam. Be careful people out there. I called from my cell phone there is another scam. I have to pay $9.99 more to remove these chargers off my account.
    Web site is: www.numsvc.com

• Du
    duganbmx Feb 26, 2010

friggen rip off!!!

• Gi
    ginnie_59 Feb 16, 2010

I ordered an credit report from Annual Credit Report to check my Fico score.

Info Experian Direct.com started charging $14.95 my monthly.

• Fi
    Fik Feb 12, 2010

The same thing happened with me and I am pissed off! This should be illegal. The number worked, at least I think it did. They've been charging my credit card for a few months now and I haven't been able to get in contact with them until now. They claimed I signed up for the 7 day free trial, which automatically rolls into a monthly subscription if you don't call them and cancel. I never signed up for a trial or monthly membership. They are running a scam. Thanks for the number.

Sarah M Feb 09, 2010

I have had the same problem, but seem to find a phone number to call them!

• 12
    12honey Feb 04, 2010

The same thing happened to me and I don't how they got my credit card information. Thanks for sharing the number.

• Ke
    Keran Jan 29, 2010

Absolutely same here!!! Thanks for the phone number. I hope I can get my money back. I don't even know how they got my credit card number!

SarahQ Jan 25, 2010

This company is a scam the same thing just happened to me. Clearly this is fraud! They were unable to refund the $14.95 in charges and were reluctant to remove my subscription. I want to kick them in the balls!

• En
    ENUF Jan 15, 2010

The number for this company is [protected]. The same thing happened to me. I gave this stupid company my credit card info over the phone today to supposedly verify my account, but at least they finally did cancel the future charges. Of course I will immediately cancel my credit card just in case. It's def. fraud, and I'm def. reporting it. It's a new year, and I will not be taken advantage of by these ### companies who think we'll roll over because the charges are small. By the way, according to them I went on to the Free credit report.com website and signed up for a free 7 day trial. AS IF!! Good Luck. I hope your credit card company works with you on the dispute.

Laurie