Infinity Group ServicesUnauthorized charges

A

When researching the company, Hope to Homeowners had a (A) rating with the BBB. I contacted HUD and was advised HUD used Hope to Homeowners to do loan modification. After checking out this company I agreed to send them all my personal information and a check for $995.00. With a promise that if the loan could not get modified the money would be refunded back to me.

A month later I was told Hope to Homeowners could not process my loan. They said that they are also called Infinity group services and now under this new name they would try to get my loan modification done. I was very up set so I checked out the new company name Infinity group services which just so happens to be affiliated with Hope to Homeowner. Checking with the BBB they have a rating of (F) and have ripped of many homeowners trying to get a loan modification.

Nether one of these companies did anything for me. Both of these companies were deceptive, misleading and misrepresentative. After contacting the company numerous times regarding my loan I was passed from loan officer to loan officer. Each one had no answers for me. I spoke with a supervisor named Matt Zurbuck, which told me that this company was working hard on my loan that I would not get my money refunded.

I am a single 60 year old disabled woman who has survived Cancer twice who is a foster parent to 43 teen in the past 9 years and adopted two medically fragile children. I can not effort to just give $995.00 to a rip of company. I need very much to get a loan Modification so that my family has a stable home to reside in.

• Sy
    Sylvia Apr 26, 2009

I just learned this morning on Clark Howard's program on HLN t.v news that it's illegal for a company to charge advance fees for a Loan. Sign, Sylvia

Anonymous Apr 29, 2009

This company is a fraud... do not give them 995.00 up front. You will never see that money again. If you have, hopefully you put it on a credit card and hopefully the credit card company will go after them. The people at IGS are a joke! They lie, cheat, and scam. DONT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR MONEY OR TIME!!! CALL KFI AM 640 AND TELL THEM TO STOP ADVERTISING THEM!!!

• Ho
    home advisor Apr 30, 2009

I worked for this company sad to say. They had me telling people day in day out how we would save there home and change there lives. I left after 3 months and over 250 people had paid me the $995.00 fee with the intention of IGS helping to save there home. If you come in contact with this company run the other way and save the loss of time and money

• 4t
    4Tay May 01, 2009

I agree! What a complete joke that company is. DO NOT get sucked into their lies. They will say anything up front and then last minute, throw on additional fees.

steve-ca May 12, 2009

This company are scam artists and im afraid to say I got suckered by them.

• Mo
    Monica May 15, 2009

I got scammed with this company as well. Paid them $995 back in January and they did nothing. As a matter of fact they were very rude. They actually called my current Mortgage company and yelled at them. They told them that I was too incompetent to handle my own loan. They were so rude that my current mortgage company called me to let me know they would not take anymore calls from them ever. Luckily prior to all of this I had already been contacting my mortgage company on my own and was able to obtain an offer for a loan modification. I spoke to a supervisor at Infinity Group Services named Scott Dormaier who also told me they worked very hard on my loan and would not refund my money. That is a bunch of lies. I filed a complaint with the BBB and I am planning on filing a complaint with the Department of Real Estate as well! Never work with this company, try calling your lender yourself, most are willing to work with you.

• Ta
    tacticalkid May 21, 2009

seems like this company messed with the wrong guy. Its a website specifically aimed at those who were ripped off by Infinity Group Services... http://igsripoff.com/

• Ta
    tacticalkid May 21, 2009

GO TO http://igsripoff.com and tell your story. Infinity Group Services needs to be stopped before they do this to someone else.

• Fe
    Fed Up with the Insdustry May 29, 2009

Complete con artists. They truely live up the the stigma of ### MORTGAGE GUYS. Use another company. They have not refunded my money despite it being 90 days and promising to do so countless times.

• Fe
    Fed Up with the Insdustry May 29, 2009

Complete ### MARTAGE GUYS. No refund. Complete run around. SCAM. Plain and simple - stay away - use someone else.

They live up to the stigma of the ### MORTGAGE GUYS!!!

Angry in VC Jun 01, 2009

It's been over 2-weeks since I've heard back from anyone at IGS. I'm in the process of having my mortgage refincanced with IGS.

First, they gave me a rate and fees much higher than expected because they claimed my credit score was lower than expected. I was able to downoload my credit scores from Free Credit Report. Com to prove that I have excellent credit. IGS then sent a revised Good Faith Estimate and mentioned that they are waiting for Fannie Mae to release funds before they can complete my refinance.

I've tried contacting my representitive over the past two weeks but I have not received a call back. I'm getting a sunken felling that I've been ripped-off. My experience mirrors the complaints shown on this site. And of course, IGS withdrew the $995 fees almost immediately. Is there a class action lawsuit we can make to recuperate our money?

• Mo
    Monica Jun 02, 2009

Angry in VC,
    Let me know if you pursue a class action suit, I would be very interested. I have been unable to get a refund from them. I even tried to dispute the charges but my credit card company said we signed a contract where IGS stated no guarantees, so they were unable to go after them for my refund.

• La
    laineborno Jun 10, 2009

Please contact Pamela at [protected]@yahoo.com. We need to join forces to file a class action suit. I have an attorney looking into this and the more plaintiff's the better.

• Fr
    Fred12 Jun 28, 2009

I was also scammed! I was promised a 30 year fixed at 4.625% and even signed the loan docs. I made several calls to the company to cinfirm the loan was funded and eventually received a call that the loan was not and that the rate expired. They would not refund my money. I'm callin teh Nicholas & Butler Attorney in San Diego at Cathy's request and have writted several letters complaining about the scam. Anyone have any luck with the Attorney service I mentioned above?

Fred

steve-ca Jun 28, 2009

I am a plaintiff on the class action. Right now I believe the attorneys are gathering all the documents together. Welcome aboard but sorry to hear you were ripped off as well.

steve-ca Jun 28, 2009

I had the exact same experience as Monica. A total scam and Joseph Coonens and Jaime Ruiz should be ashamed of themselves. But we have a class action coming so when I told Jaime that he hasn't heard the last of me I wasn't lieing.

• Mr
    MrEdxoxo Jul 29, 2009

The IGS ReFI division is no longer running ads on my local station. Next I expect them to disappear or go out of business with our money,

DIG!! find every references to any divisions of IGS and file a complaint with the provider. I told a national Reverse mortgage database about my problem with IGS ReFI and they pulled IGS from there Reverse Mortgage providers list.

Lets make the parent company clean up the mess or pay the price!!!

Anonymous2000 Aug 19, 2009

I believe they have either changed there phone number or they are temporarily out of business !!! lol finally

• Em
    EMBOMS Aug 25, 2009

IGS offered a 30 year fixed at 4.875% and when it came time to sign papers, they said the rates went up and could not honor the rate. I asked for my $995 back and now they dont return calls.

• Ha
    Hahun Sep 02, 2009

I got trapped twice. Since, I had my loan process started, I thought that I shall give them a chance to deliver at the current rate. It started with Kirk Smith; offer: 4 7/8% at 1.5points and the loan will be delivdered by the July end. It never happened. These guys have collected $995 from thousands of us and lived lavish life, running the scam. It seems that they are gone for good. There are no one picking the phone and no one returning the emails.
    Hahun Huntington Beach

• Co
    Connie S Sep 16, 2009

I work for a legitimate mortgage company in Foothill Ranch, so I know that the interest rate is locked before you get loan docs. So if there were docs to sign, there was a locked rate. There's no excuse for changing the rate after the docs are drawn.

• Co
    Connie S Sep 16, 2009

I work for a very reputable mortgage company in Foothill Ranch. We also advertise on KFI, and we've heard from a lot of people who were scammed. Please don't put us all in the same boat. We deal with our clients with honesty and integrity. Borrowers need honest mortgage brokers, because we shop the different lenders and find the best deal for our clients. If we didn't you, the borrower, would be at the complete mercy of what the banks want to charge you.

• Ad
    AdaR Sep 21, 2009

I have the same problem. Paid them $995 back in February '09 for loan modification but the case doesn't go anywhere. They have no power for negotiation at all. They just live on $995 from each client. I stopped the contract a few months ago and asked for a refund but never get an answer. Last time I called them their numbers are no longer in service. I don't know if they closed the company or they just changed the numbers because they can't deal with complaint calls.

• There are several of these employees of this company staring to go to work for a New Bank that is opening in Southern California. There were many reasons for the failure and deception in this company. all of the previous management should be held accountable for they knew what was going on and kept lying to the public. The management lied to all and had there employees lye to the public. They are trying to start up again in the call center. same people different scam. Very dangerous to the public. Mortgage banking of old. Please file complaints with HUD and the S.E.C. on the previous management of this company. They all lied and deceived the public and should not be in business and the company wanting to get them in business should be held accountable also for they know what has happened.

• Kr
    kristak Oct 12, 2009

I guess the same as everyone else. They took my money and ran! Bill Handle could now give us all some real good advise instead of endorsing jerks like these. Thanks Bill and kfi!!!

Norah Letona Feb 02, 2010

I was told my home apraisal fee would be refunded to me as soon as the loan funded. My loan funded and I can not reach the company to get my fees refunded. Please advise. I understand there is a pending class action lawsuit. Thanks