Impact GunsBuyer beware Impact Guns, they do not do as advertised

Impact Guns
www.impactguns.com

As a pistol shooter and ex law enforcement I need certain acc for my hobby and I search for the best deals I can find. I ran across a web site called Impact guns and they had what I was looking, magazines for my pistol and at a great price with no shipping charges plus ships with in 48 hrs, that was 8/9/07, still no product. I have contacted them several times and they say sorry its on the way or will ship today or the next day. Well I have had it so I thought I would put this info on your site so others could shop elsewhere and I am also contacting 2 gun magazines plus NRA and BBB. Buyer beware of this site, they do not do as advertised.

• Tr
    Travis Kelly Mar 16, 2016

The laziest, most incompetent gun store -- no, make that retail store, period -- I've encountered. THREE TIMES I tried to order a gun from them, all failed. They couldn't find out if what I wanted was available through distributor, even though I gave them a direct number. I did a order an NAA Black Widow, was told it would take 1-2 weeks to arrive -- from their warehouse in northern Utah to southern Idaho (SLC to Boise). At the 2 week mark, I called and was told it was "in transit." ONE MONTH later, no gun, no call, nothing. These guys really don't give a damn if they make a sale or not -- it's just too much trouble for them.

• Di
    Dick Johnson Dec 17, 2015

I have to amend my comment above- the gun came as promised on 12/15/15 and I picked it up that day. I wondering if maybe over time they got their act together on the online store. I might have to call them though, because they still haven't charged my credit card as of today, no charge is even pending.

• Di
    Dick Johnson Dec 14, 2015

I can't figure out what the hell is going on with these people. The charge for a gun I ordered showed up the day I ordered it as pending on my CC. I e-mailed them about the order- turns out my FFL dealer had moved and not updated his address- didn't find that out until 12/9. I got that straightened out the next day. They sent me an e-mail with a FedEx tracking number on Friday and said they had expedited the shipping. The FFL dealer was closed today, so originally the gun was scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Suddenly, when I looked this morning, it was out on the truck for delivery. It was re-scheduled for tomorrow because the guy was closed and needs to sign for it. But I won't know what the hell is going on until tomorrow since the charge has now disappeared completely from my credit card, no longer even pending so I don't even believe they MY package to the FFL dealer. Wouldn't they be like everyone else- they charge your card the day they ship it? Someone else in customer told me it would be another 1 to 2 weeks because it wasn't in stock and it was coming in from the manufacturer. I have a feeling they just don't really want to run an online store and hope that everyone cancels their orders. maybe they only want to sell guns to Mormons.

• Re
    reallysimpletech Sep 11, 2015

My experience was fabulous and I strongly disagree wit these other reviews.

When I saw the super low price and availability I purchased before I even thought about it. Afterwards, I started thinking I should do some research on this company. Then I got really nervous after seeing all the negative reviews. I almost canceled my order.

However, I held out. I ordered on Saturday or Sunday the day before Labor Day. So my order didn't even get processed until Tuesday. My Smith & Wesson M&P15T was delivered to my FFL in California on Thursday! What more can I say. Shipping cost was only $12.00.

I attempted to purchase this rifle at many shops in CA and no one had it in stock. The one company which found one said it would take 7 days to get. I would have to put $1000 down up front and the cost went up to $1300.00. I purchased this from Impact Guns for $956.00 and no tax was changed. Even with the $75.00 receiving fee my FFL charged I still saved money.
    Went and opened the box and it is absolutely beautiful. I saved another $30 because to my surprise they already included the rubber rail guards for both sides and a rounded one for the bottom. My total out the door price with TAX, DROS and safety test fees was still less than purchasing from any dealer in the bay area.

So long story short I am just a regular guy who searched Google to find a M&P15T at a low price took a risk and purchased. I ended up getting it faster than my FFL could have gotten it for over $300 less. What more can I say. This absolutely deserves a 5 star rating in my book. Maybe I just got lucky by I am certainly happy with my purchase and extra money I got in my pocket :-).

• Do
    Doveman Jun 05, 2013

I ordered a rifle late last night. I had an emergency early the next morning, so I checked my E-mail this morning. Impact Guns had sent me a confirmation, with a cancellation option. I completed that to cancel my order. I just got another E-mail from them saying that sorry, it had already been shipped. I returned with OK, tracking order please. I haven't heard back and after reading the above, now I don't expect to. Like others have stated, I wish I had read the comments and complaints, prior to ordering. Bottom line, I was lied to! BBB will be notified of this transaction.

• Im
    Impact7207 May 21, 2013

Terrible!!! I ordered a "new" Ruger SR1911 Custom that was supposed to be smithed and tuned with $500 worth of work. The sight was put on visible crooked and the trigger had more slack the any of my stock 1911's. Worse, the gun have dent in the frame, severe barrel wear and the trigger was so loose it registers a different weight with each trigger pull. I paid over $1300 for this!!!

I contacted them and they offered me $60 for my trouble or I could send it back to have them "try again". When it comes to firearms, perhaps they should learn how to do it right and quit trying. DANGEROUS and IRRESPONSIBLE!

DO NOT ORDER FOR THESE GUY OR YOU WILL BE SORRY!

• St
    stevemcraig Feb 22, 2013

"Ordered a pistol from Impact and received no response for over a week. Contacted them to cancel order. They replied the same day stating it had been shipped. Eight days later I get an email notification from Impact saying the gun had been shipped. They lied to me. Will not do business with them again

• Hu
    Hurleyg Feb 02, 2013

Ordered a Springfield XDs as the Impact Guns' site showed the item was in-stock. I sent a check and my bank said the check cleared 12/31/12. I have called a number of times and left messages, sent several emails. To date, I have not received a response to the phone calls or the emails. I have attempted to access "MY ACCOUNT" on their website only to have the site transfer me to a picture of a broken gun with a headline of how the product has a lifetime warranty. Has anyone out there been scammed to the point of not receiving reimbursement or what was ordered? If so, did you EVER get your money back and, if you did, how did you go about getting it?

• Oz
    OZOM Feb 01, 2013

Go somewhere else. I placed an order for a product that was listed as available. 10 days later, I follow up because the order status showed delayed. The snotty young lady hung up on me after providing a B.S. excuse.

Joesta Jan 30, 2013

Back ordered a rifle. After a month of waiting for the gun to come in stock (understandable for right now) I got an e-mail saying my order was cancelled per my request. I had not cancelled the order though. I immediately went to their website and saw the gun in stock, but their price was now $500 more than what I had ordered it at. I suspect they cancelled my order so they could sell the gun for a heftier price. I would think a reputable company that appreciates their customers and desires repeat business would refrain from such a temptation. The most frustrating part is waiting over a month for a back order to come in only to have to start from scratch with another dealer. I won't do business with Impact Guns again.

• Ho
    hotjit Jan 04, 2013

Very disappointed with these guys. I have purchased several firearms with relatively high satisfaction from Buds Gun Shop, so when it was time to buy a S&W 629 revolver in late December 2012, I was delighted to find that Buds had it in stock. They were up-front on their site saying that due to extreme demand, they would not be able to fill orders for 2-3 weeks. Who can wait that long? :-) So, I went over to impactguns.com and they had no such disclaimers, so I proceeded to order a S&W 629 that their site claimed was in-stock and ready to ship, even though the price was a bit higher and they did not offer free shipping. Well, my has been in the "processing" state for over 2 weeks now, and despite two email requests for some status info, I've heard nothing. Never again. I'll go with what I know works in the future. Avoid these guys!

• Fl
    flipzhd Dec 18, 2012

Same ol here too, bought a weapon for 400. its been over 30 days. They keep telling me they dont have my FFL on file yet his name is in there database and on their website? WTF . I will BET they dont even have the weapon and waiting for it to come in. Impact sucks My ffl is getting pissed at me cause I keep askng him to fax it again. these people are ignorant that just have no idea about customer service CAVEAT EMPTOR!

• Wa
    Walt n TX Oct 02, 2012

I purchased a Trijicon ACOG from impactguns.com. When the scope arrived there was an obvious flaw in the optics. When I called impactguns.com to find out what to do I was told to contact Trijicon. I guess you don't get much customer service for a thousand dollars.

• Ri
    richard laws Aug 20, 2012

went in the taylorsville utah store every poor
    customer service the two idiots that there
    too help act like your in a preschool playground
    even spending 1300.00 dollars in that store in 6 months

• Mu
    Mudbutt Aug 12, 2012

I ordered 2 597 mags paid 33 bucks for over night shipping it's been five days and still nothing they have not returned my calls or emails worst gun site ever don't order anything from this web site!!!

• He
    hemmens Mar 13, 2012

I ordered a Glock 19- 4th gen on 03/02/2012. Said it would be shipped on or B/4 03/07/2012. Called several times and they didn't have a tracking# was told it was coming from warehouse then they would send it out. Still nothing. Canceled and reordered from Kentucky gun. Very good service from Ky. gun.

• Ke
    kevinp4 Aug 30, 2011

I bought a gun recently in person, and I found the service to be terrible as well. The lady that helped me was very polite, except that she continually stopped what she was doing to make small talk with each and every person that walked by us at the desk. When she asked an old fossil to help me, he said no cause the furnace was broken or something like that. I'm not sure why they needed to fix the furnace in August though. Also I had entered the store earlier in the day and each question I asked was given a sarcastic answer. The guy was trying to make me feel stupid for some reason, even though I am pretty sure he was part woman.

• Fr
    Fritzi13 Aug 25, 2011

I placed an order online for a NAA .22 LR/Magnum Combo Revolver on 8/16/11. The gun was supposed to be in stock. After reading these reviews, I called Impact Guns and was informed that the gun was supposed to ship on or before 8/26/11 (tomorrow). However, the lady I spoke with informed me that it would be awhile longer because the gun hadn't been shipped yet from the factory. I then asked if I could cancel my order and she said that was fine. I will not be using Impact Guns again. I ordered a Ruger SR9c from Northwest Armory through Auction Arms yesterday and it was shipped that same day. So, my advice to ANYONE is STAY AWAY from Impact Guns!

• Cr
    crj3 Aug 09, 2011

I ordered a Mosin Surplus Rifle from Impact on a Monday and 880 rounds of ammo the next day, both were noted to be in stock. I stumbled across a few online reviews describing customers delayed in receiving products from Impact. So, I contacted them on Monday (yesterday, a week form placing my order) to inquire of the status. I was told the ammo would arrive on Tuesday (Today, we'll see if it shows up). The gun was on backorder and not in stock as advertised online. They estimated to have in 4 weeks then it would be shipped to me. The lady on the phone was very nice and allowed me to cancel the gun portion of my order. I immediately ordered the same gun from buds, the item shipped immediately. I'll be shooting by this weekend if all goes well.

• Du
    dursker44 Jun 04, 2011

I just have to say that I recently purchased a CZ 75 B 40 cal from Impact Guns and they were great! I had no problems whatsoever. I was very concerned at first but they came through without a wait and I now have a beautiful new handgun added to my collection. I would definitely use them again; also the price was very competitive with others out there on the internet.

• Md
    mdads5 Mar 22, 2011

I have had a great experience in my dealings with Impact guns. The staff, several of them, have been curtious over the phone, and helpful with my orders and questions concerning them. I have even received a phone call about one of my orders, informing me of changes that would effect the total bill, and was offered to proceed or terminate the order as I saw fit. I will look to them for future business!

• Tr
    Traubjr May 10, 2010

I am only disagreeing because my experience with the company was somewhat good. I ordered two magazines for one of my guns through Impact Guns. Before I placed the order, I called to make sure they had the items in stock and they said they were. When I had the order placed, I then read the complaints and started getting worried. The company however kept me informed of my order and the item came within a decent amount of time. If you are going to order through this company just make sure your item is in stock, you should be good to go.

• 9m
    9mm-guy Apr 21, 2010

I ordered a Stoeger Cougar from Impact Guns today because the price was good and shipping was free. I noticed it it was on back order but I figured that would just be a few days. Right after I placed the order I checked my bank account and the money was gone. After Googling around the web, including this website, I became suspicious about just how long the backorder would take. I phoned them back and they said "12 to 16 weeks"! That's 4 months! All the other online dealers have the Stoeger Cougars in stock right now! So I told them to cancel the order and give me a refund and they did. I took the money and bought the gun locally at the same price and its my hand right now.
    How can there me a 4 month delay on getting a hot item from a big company? But they can take your money in seconds. Something is wrong here. If you must deal with this company, phone and make sure they have the item in stock now, and agree to ship it out today. Then phone back the next day and make sure it shipped and make sure you get a confirmation email.

• Bi
    bigcacalacky Mar 17, 2010

I just bought a GSG-5 PK from them. I ordered it on a Saturday and received it on the following Wednesday. However I ordered 2 additional mags, that were in-stock. I noticed that we they sent me the shipping notification it only stated that the gun was sent. I contacted them and they told me that the gun was on back order and it could take up to 6 weeks to come in. I canceled my order and ordered them from another site which had them in stock and cheaper. I would advice that you contact them before you order, to ensure that they have them item you want in-stock.

• Ar
    aram235 Mar 16, 2010

As a response to my last entry back in Oct. 2009 (re: California Legal M1A), I went ahead and cancelled my order as they told me it was on back order for the next 3 months. FFL dealer was kind enough to give me a full refund and I ended-up purchasing a Socom II locally. A bit pricey but I got my piece within 2 weeks. Love this gun.

Charles Humble Mar 02, 2010

I really wish that I had read all of this prior to dealing with Impact Guns. My complaint seems minor compared to all of these, but I ordered the Ruger .380 with the magazine extension to make the gun a 7+1. When it arrived, the extension would always hang up at about the third or fourth round. I tried everything, but it would not work. I called Impact Guns and the person at the other end acted very surprised and said that they have had only two complaints about the extension. I ordered an additional clip and extension and asked to be put through to the gunsmith. He assured me that he would personally attach the extension and make sure that it worked. I got it in today and...it also hung up at the third or fourth round... not something that you want to have happen in a crisis. With all of these complaints, how do they stay in business? Save yourself some problems, don't do business with Impact Guns!

SAVED!!! Jan 20, 2010

WOW! Thank you everyone who had taken the time to post their experiences with Impact Guns. These people sound like they are following in the footsteps of Joken Firearms who were eventually shut down due to horrible customer service. I was just about to order a Colt LE6920 from them but as I always do now before I place an order with A company I have never bought from before I look for customer reviews first. For all of you who have had bad experiences and posted them here here is a small victory to you! As a result of all the negative feedback for Impact Guns I WILL NOT be ordering the Colt or anything from them EVER!!! Much appreciation for those who took the time to post!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

• Wo
    wonshot Oct 29, 2009

I also ordered items that were in stock. When I didn't here anything in a couple of days I went back to the site and found they were on back order. I am trying to cancel the order. I wish I would have seen these complaints before I tried to order.

• Na
    Nathan Bell Oct 26, 2009

I had a similar problem with Impact. I purchased a Walther P22 online from then. I sent them all the information that they requested including a local gun dealers FFL for them to ship the gun to. Then i get a message from Impact that they were out of stock and they would ship it as soon as they got it. Three months pass and I hear nothing. I email them and get an email back that the gun just came in and that I needed to send them the FFL information. I told them that I had already provided them with the information and I did not hear back from them for 2 weeks. Them I emailed them again and this time they told me that my gun was not in and they would let me know when it arrives. I NEVER heard back from them. I order the gun in March of this year (09). Here it is Oct. I have no gun and never heard a word from them. I would never order anything from them again. They business and customer service needs a lot of help!!!

• Gu
    gumbygreen Oct 10, 2009

I've always had great luck with Impact. As far as guns go, I bought a Benelli shotgun and a RRA entry tactical AR15 from them, and many accessories--never any trouble whatsoever.

• Ar
    aram235 Oct 03, 2009

Just ordered a "California Legal" M1A. Made sure to call about product before placing order. Sales person seemed promising, I guess I should have read these reviews first. It seems like most of these cases seem to be "back-ordered" problems. I was informed that this was the "last one". She got me ! Hope it doesn't become a complication.

• Mi
    Mike Kiser Sep 26, 2009

Impact sold my gun that was on layaway and it took me over 7 weeks to get my money back.These people are ridiculus!Why doesnt ATF investigate them? Mike

• Da
    Dave-o Sep 03, 2009

When the website says "ships in 48 hours" or "5 to 7 business days" dont believe them...I ordered a heatshield for a mossberg and got an email the next day saying its backordered and the site said it was "available online...ships in 48 hours".

Will never buy from thier online store again.

The shop in west valley is awesome though, just not thier website.

• Cr
    CR Cowan Aug 25, 2009

I ordered a Kel-Tec PLR 16 from Impact Guns on 2/28/09. The gun was kept on backorder for 5 months. I kept seeing other dealers with this gun for sale. I contacted Impact Guns and was told each time I called a diferent date as to when they might be able to get my gun. After over 5 months I canceled my order. And went to a local gun dealer who had sold 3 of the PLR 16s during the time I was waiting on Impact Guns and bought one. At this point I should have known better but I decided to give Impact Guns another chance. I placed an order for a sling and a Foreend for my new PLR. Impact guns advertised both as being in stock and shipps in 48 hours. I receved shipping notice for the sling only. So I called Impact guns and was told the Foreend was coming from a diferent supplyer and would take a little longer to ship. Next day I receved notice that the Foreend was placed on backorder, even thow I had checked the box NO Backorders, and it was clearly printed on my order form. Now I dont know what is going on with Impact Guns. And I hate to see any gun dealer fail. We just have to few as it is. So I wont say that I will never do business with them again. But you can bet it wont be for any thing that I need or want in a hurry. That said My first experence with Impact Guns was good a sweet little charger 22. As easy as going down town to pick it up. So your experence may be a good one. Until Impact gets its act together its just anyones guess as to what will happen when you place an order. Thanks Charles

• Bb
    B. Blan. May 22, 2009

I ordered a S&W AR-15R 5.45 x 39mm Saturday night 5/16/2009. It was on sale $250 off for a total of $989 with free shipping and said "Available online, ships in 48 hrs". This is the best price I have seen in the last couple of months, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Then I thought maybe I should check on the reputation of this company. This was the first sight I found and after reading all of the reviews I was not optimistic that I would see that rifle anytime soon. I figured I would give them a couple of days and then call (and hope I got through) to check on the order and in stock status. I was thinking if I could get in 30-90 days I would be lucky. Well before I could call on Tuesday 05/19, I got an email saying my order had shipped along with a tracking number. I just picked up the rifle this evening (05/22), no tax, no shipping and only a $25 FFL fee, I am a happy camper.

So my experience with Impact Guns was 100% positive. Maybe I got lucky, maybe they are turning it around. I wouldn't hesitate to order another firearm from them again. Of course it will be awhile, I blew my G-fund wad on this one.

• Mi
    Mike May 15, 2009

So far they have charged me twice for my order, and resend of order. They have sent the wrong model number of part twice now, compared to the receipt and picture online. They wouldnt even send the replacement part out without charging me and wanted me to return the first wrong part on my dime to them. It is a 1/2 hour or less on hold the one time I called too. Hopefully I can just get all my money back. So far its not looking to good for them. I had ordered a 22lr mag loader with handle on top, was sent twice a loader for a slide down mag. Shipping was quick if that matters.

• To
    Tom May 05, 2009

I have to disagree. Found a handgun I liked. It was said to be in stock, ship in 48 hours. I called, on hold maybe 5-7 minutes, spoke to representative who was very nice. Was told gun was in stock and ready to ship. Made order online. The only down side was I was told I would receive an email when shipped. I ordered the gun on a Tuesday afternoon. Called them on Friday to check the status. Was told it would ship Friday or Monday. Didn't receive email so called Tuesday to check. Rep. told me it should arrive that day(today actually). Didn't know why email wasn't sent. He gave me the tracking number and sent me an email. Confirmed the gun was sent that Friday. Arrived at my FFL choice. Picked up today. Love my Ruger SP101. Arrived in perfect condition. Thanks Impact Guns. Sorry everyone else seems to have problems. With any online order, esp guns and holsters, I always call to confirm they have an actual customer service center with a live person to talk with. Also make sure item is in stock when call. I get a shipping date and if not followed, I call, I call, I call. I hate to say it but the customer really should stay on top of them. Online orders are tremendous in volume. The ball does get dropped.

• Es
    Ester Pere May 03, 2009

They take your mony out for a free softwear I did not sing up for there give but they toook some money out not sure how mush.

• R2
    R^2 Apr 01, 2009

It happens that they will not ship the part I ordered to California.

• R2
    R^2 Mar 28, 2009

I ordered an AR10 upper receiver from them a week ago. Their online store states that it is available and will ship in 48hrs. I also left them an email regarding the order three days after the order was made and they have not replied yet. I am going to give them a call and see what happens.