Icon Health & Fitness Logo

Icon Health & Fitness

Having problems with Icon Health & Fitness?

Icon Health & Fitness Customer Service Contacts

1800 993 770 (Australia)
1800 681 9542 (Mexico)
+1 877 660 1174 (United States, Parts & Service Sales)
+1 888 308 9620 (United States, Sales)
+44 192 484 7724 (United Kingdom)
+32 80 058 095 (Belgium)
+36 40 200 860 (Hungary)
+351 808 203 301 (Portugal)
+40 212 046 987 (Romania)
1500 South 1000 West
Logan, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Icon Health & Fitness Customer Service. Initial Icon Health & Fitness complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Icon Health & Fitness above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Icon Health & Fitness. Discuss the issues you have had with Icon Health & Fitness and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Jun 21, 2020

Icon Health & Fitness — Free motion 800

Their service person put together and broke the arms of the above mentioned $3, 000. Treadmill. A tech was to...

Feb 15, 2020

Icon Health & Fitness — treadmill

Shortly after we started using the treadmill I noticed a oil puddle on the mat. Dried it up but it kept...

Jun 08, 2019

ICON Fitness — nordic track grand tour

I paid for assembly in my apartment, but the bike was never fitted to me and one of the knobs is so tight...

Icon Health And Fitnessproform smart pro 2000 - return not picked up - payment due - no refund - long hold times - no answer on pick up

I ordered a Proform Smart Pro 2000 on 12/26/2018. Due to the size and weight of the item, I added the option of delivery and assembly. I decided to take advantage of the 0% financing for 18 months. After the installers finished on 01/10/2019, the unit didn't power on. They stated I had the incorrect type of surge protector and changing it would resolve the problem. Later, I found was not true. The "professional installers" not only came unprepared, having to borrow tools from me, but also, after they were gone, I discovered they had broken parts on the unit. I found pieces of the treadmill hidden across the room in a corner behind a chair and pieces of hardware on the floor. I am still finding hardware throughout the room. I called customer service on 01/10/2019 as soon as I discovered the problems and requested a return. Customer Service said someone would contact me within 2 weeks for a return. I read that in order to receive a refund, it must be returned in 45 days and I must have an authorization number. I can't get the number from them. If I do not, call back. I have spent 14 hours total on the phone trying to get an answer on when pick up will be. I cannot get the company to have this picked up or even give me an ETA on when. They just keep saying "wait a few more days and call back".I owe a payment on it and the finance company will not let me dispute the balance. Hold times to reach the returns department are extraordinarily long, averaging 2 hours. My concern is, I read in the terms of a return that I need an authorization number. They won't give me one. I read the return must be done within 45 days and I fear they are stalling to let that time run out. I have heard nothing from them regarding the pick up. I reached out to TD Bank Nordic Track Financing regarding the payment, who told me I must pay it. The non-working equipment is quite large, weighing over 300 lbs and taking up space in my home.

ICON Fitness — proform 550 r rower machine broken from the start

One of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of working with!!! My wife bought me this proform...

ICON Health " Fitness — Nordictrack spacesaver se7i

On nordictrack's site for this machine they have a video of a woman taking the machine out and putting...

Universal Technical Services / Nordic Track Treadmill — Nordictrack treadmill

The customer service at UTS is the worst I have ever experienced...even worse than the airlines. They put you...

Universal Technical Services / ICON Health & FitnessWaste of money and this warranty was unavailing

People, don’t waste your money for the warranty, which has offered the company Universal Technical Services or UTS. We paid for such warranty, but it was waste of money. Our elliptical machine broke 10 months ago and within these months they only promised to fix it. The warranty didn’t cover the whole repair. It was strange, because we have paid rather huge sum for it. I think this company can mislead us.

Universal Technical Services — treadmill

This company does not require background checks on these repair people coming into you home!!! They could be...

ICON Fitnessbad service and parts

I could relate my experience about the quality of their products and how they say that if I return obviously defective merchandise (an elliptical track wheel that was not cut round) they will charge me shipping both ways plus a 15% restocking fee. A restocking fee for defective equipment that they should have seen before sending - how hard is it to see a wheel has a flat side from bad manufacturing?

More importantly - look at their better business bureau rating! Look at the number of complaints... It's staggering. http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/exercise-equipment-dealers/icon-health-and-fitness-in-logan-ut-2000054

• Uw
          UweEllinghausen Sep 06, 2012

Two month ago I ordered a couple of replacement parts for my NordicTrack 7000R. I was told it will take about two weeks to get the parts from the US.

After four weeks, I was told:

"The parts are on order still waiting to receive shipment from the U.S, I believe we are getting a large shipment in 2 weeks"

I e-mailed again two weeks later and received the reply:

"I have just chased up with my warehouse manager, it seems there was a delay in the U.S & parts are leaving there shortly we are getting by air freight so they should be in Australia & clear customers within 14 days, once again sorry for the delay I will be in contact as soon as we have them to send to you."

After another two weeks of waiting I complaint and I received this reply:

"I am sorry, I can only pass on what I get adviced, the U.S have been delaying us."

Since then, I have been waiting for another four weeks without any news about my order. As a matter of fact, Icon's Sydney office is not responding any more.

This company is a joke. They don't have any customer service. I know for sure that I will never again buy a product from them.

By the way, about two years ago it took them about two month to supply two little bolts (to tighten the belt). There seems to be a habit of non-performance.

Universal Technical ServicesPoor service

I have had my Nordic Track Treadmill for 15 months, and I have had to call for service at least 5 times. Every single time I call UTS, I am on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes. Usually it is 30. People answering the phone in general do not have a clue as to what the problem is that I am describing, and this has resulted in them ordering the incorrect parts.

Currently, I am waiting for three parts: 1 I don't even need (they ordered the wrong part because they paid no attention to the problem description) - which is out of stock. One I do need - this is out of stock. One I need CRITICALLY for my treadmill to work - and I have no information on this. When I sent an email to their customer service department on the two orders that were out of stock, they very helpfully told me that the parts were out of stock, and that they had no idea when they would be in.

I will never purchase another product that uses this company for warranties. I will absolutely send a complaint to the BBB if I do not get some answers soon.

• Ji
            Jizz Jan 08, 2010

I bought this treadmill and added the extended warranty. Several months went by and the thing started shocking me. I have moved it from one spot to the other and followed every suggestion they gave me. I have been promised since early Aug 2008 that a repair man would come to check it out. NO ONE HAS EVERY ARRIVED!!! Even after several phone calls and believe me they keep you on hold forever no one has shown up!!! One call I was in the queue waiting for 19 minutes!!!

I would never buy this again and will not recommend it to anyone! Poor service.

Icon Health & FitnessDon't be surprised if you cant get a provider to repair or maintain your machine

I have been a field technician for over 3 years now. ICON/UTS utilizes independent contractors to provide warranty and non-warranty service. It provides a very excellent income and the freedom of being your own Boss. I terminated income with a fortune 500 company to delight in this freedom. They are currently 8 weeks behind on my pay. Icon's contract with us sates that they will pay for a JOB 30 days after I invoice it. At that time they will send checks for a one week period. The checks usually come in on Monday or Tuesday. ICON was very excellent at keeping up with this. This was fantastic until about Oct 2010. I knew what to expect on a weekly basis and could plot accordingly. Now this has changed! Seems like it happened over nite. Must have a change in management. Some weeks the checks don't come in at all and when they do, it is way small. I may complete 20-25 JOBs in a week and only get checks for 5 or 6 JOBs. Now after several months of waiting for ICON to right this, my emergency funds are rapidly disappearing. They seem not to care and if a service provider complains, ICON will just terminate them. They are currently over $7500.00 behind on my pay. Same tale with our other Technicians (those who havent quit)..Hope ICON see this, their Management is asleep at the wheel. Don't be surprised if you cant get a provider to repair or maintain your machine. Customers pay huge bucks for this service and they should get it! Very Pissed TECH!

ICON Fitnessstay away

We made an exercise room for Christmas, bought on 12/23/11 a Nordic Track treadmill.

The treadmill broke at the begining of March. After two months of using it, I was still within the 90 days of my return with Sears. However, I tried do the "right" thing and work with ICON and my warranty.

It is 4/27/11 and I still do not have a working treadmill and I have a "part" on it's way.

We have talked with Sears for a replacement/exchange. But now we are out of the 90 days and it is in Nordic Tracks hands. When I talk with Nordic Track - they say they only deal with replacement parts and repairs.

Very Very unhappy with my purchase!
            Thought I was buying a quality product from a quality company.

• SearsCare May 19, 2011

To unhappyark,
                I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your Nordic Track treadmill as I just came across your post. I so sorry for all the trouble you are experiencing with the ongoing repair problems. From your writing I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and your family and we would like to assist.
                My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can discuss your experience. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (unhappyark) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
                Laura D.
                Social Media Moderator
                Sears Social Media Support

Icon Health And FitnessSold me a treadmill that doesn't work

I recently purchased a Proform treadmill in Jan. It was delivered in Feb, and after using it once, it would not turn on. I called Proform and they arranged a technician to come and fix it. He ordered parts. I waited another two weeks, and it shutdown after 1 use. I again called Proform and a technician came to my house. He said it needed a new motherboard, so I waited a week or two for new parts and after 3 new motherboards, it doesn't work. The technician came again and replaced the entire motor and other parts today, and it still wont turn on. I called Proform and they told me they will not replace the treadmill until they have more money invested in fixing it than it would cost them to replace it! I have been paying payments for this treadmill which was $2000.00 since Feb. and Proform/ ICON fitness has offered nothing except to repair the treadmill. Their customer service is awful and I would not recommend purchasing anything from them. This treadmill is obviously a "lemon" and Proform cares more about maintaining their profit than committing to making things right with their customers.

Icon Health And FitnessDelivered to the wrong address - lost sale b/c of Awful Customer Service!

We bought a machine from ICon Fitness and waited for delivery, only to find they delivered it the wrong person, wrong city, wrong everything. Mistakes happen - I was understanding. However, after discovering their mistake, I couldn't believe the lack of help given to me from their customer service department. Everytime I called "customer service", I was put on hold for a minimum of 40 minutes each time. Each department I spoke to told me I needed to speak to another department. They took a message and I've YET to receive a returned phone call. No one seems to care. No one is willing to help. As a result, we canceled our order and will order another brand that receives high customer service ratings. I wonder... if I had this much trouble just trying to get the machine delivered to the correct house, how much more trouble would I have had if it ever needed a repair? No thanks, Icon health & fitness. :(

• Dr
                    DrTarheel Aug 29, 2012

Their shipping fees are exorbitant! Cost of part before S&H, $117; after S&H, $149. $32 to ship a controller board and it took nearly 2 weeks to get to me, and I live in the same state. I couldn't go to someone else, since it is a proprietary part for their treadmill. This was after waiting on hold several times, once for 67 minutes, never getting a representative. Eventually, I was able to order via Chat online, but why offer a phone number if nobody answers it? I will never buy exercise equipment from this company again.

• Ri
                    RichT54 Jan 29, 2010

I have had to place 2 orders for replacement parts for a treadmill. The first came to $3.81, and after s/h the total was $18.26 -including state sales tx. The second order came to $2.35 and after state tax, s&H, and shipping tax (?) it came to $19.68. The first order was sent through the mail, in an envelope. I haven't received my second order yet, but it is small and will probably also be sent in an envelope.

Their reasoning for the exorbitant s&h is: it pays for their overhead. They would rather charge a high handling rate than price their product higher. They also have not answered my two e-mails questioning shipping tax. I have never had to pay shipping tax before!

Universal Technical ServicesDon't purchase

I purchased a NordicTrak treadmill from Sears and also purchased the extended warranty from UTS. This company is absolutely awful to deal with. My treadmill is not working properly and needs service. I was on hold for 45 minutes only to get disconnected. Called back and spoke to a very RUDE representative who transfered me and currently I am on hold again (27 minutes and counting). The same thing happened to me over two years ago. Nothing has changed. Once you're able to speak to a representative, it takes forever to get service. Very surprised at both NordicTrack and Sears for having any relationship with this company. Do yourself a favor, don't buy from any of these companies. It's not worth the aggravation.

Icon Health And FitnessBroken with no service

My ACT Elliptical broke after less than 100 days. Serviceman showed up at my house with his 5yr old daughter two weeks later. Reports the repair is major and I should request an exchange. Several calls to ICON Health and Fitness results in nothing but pass the buck and broken committments (someone will call you back within 24hrs). I happen to know that both the founders and current CEO (Scott Watterson CEO and Gary Stevenson) are well respected men in their church and must obviously be unaware of how their company treats the public and their customers. Should be, but obviously not "fair in all my dealings with my fellow man".

• Ke
                        kellyswan Jan 17, 2014

One other big players in the league risk factors for chronic disease it should be in the list a virgin problems recognized by GOJI ACTIVES along with smoking alcohol Bay City and don’t but if so the mentioned the UK government does have policies on sunshine vitamin D but sadly there is a mistaken all they don't work the result.

• Mm
                        mmdwhalen Dec 18, 2013

I am having the same problem with my Proform Treadmill! It has been broken since we got it 11 months ago. I have called and the rep goes through the run around and finally says, Oh the problem is blah blah blah. I'll send out the part. That has happened twice now. Each time I have to take the machine apart, which is no easy task. It is broken for the third time. Each time we use it for a couple of times it breaks. Now that it is winter we are starting to use it again and of course it breaks. At this point I want the thing out of my house. It is obviously a "LEMON" but the reps are giving me the run around again. I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today. Hopefully, they can get results!

Norman Jan 19, 2013

I have items on Craigslist for sale and was contacted via email displaying as Brewster Health and Fitness and they wanted to buy some things and equipment from me. I was sure that it was a big company or fitness center. Unfortunately, they scammed me and disappeared.

NordicTrack Nov 10, 2010

Dear Customer,

My name is Brady and I work for Icon Health and Fitness. If your issues have not yet been resolved, please send me an email at [email protected] Please include your phone number and serial number so I can pull up your service file. If anyone else needs assistance, feel free to send me an email. I am eager to lend a hand!!

Thank You!!

Icon Health And FitnessTECHNICIANS NOT PAID

I have been a field technician for over 3 years now. ICON/UTS utilizes independent contractors to provide warranty and non-warranty service. It provides a very good income and the freedom of being your own Boss. I terminated income with a fortune 500 company to enjoy this freedom. They are currently 8 weeks behind on my pay. Icon's contract with us sates that they will pay for a job 30 days after I invoice it. At that time they will send checks for a one week period. The checks usually come in on Monday or Tuesday. ICON was very good at keeping up with this. This was great until about Oct 2010. I knew what to expect on a weekly basis and could plan accordingly. Now this has changed! Seems like it happened over nite. Must have a change in management. Some weeks the checks don't come in at all and when they do, it is way short. I may complete 20-25 jobs in a week and only get checks for 5 or 6 jobs. Now after several months of waiting for ICON to correct this, my emergency funds are rapidly disappearing. They seem not to care and if a service provider complains, ICON will just terminate them. They are currently over $7500.00 behind on my pay. Same story with our other Technicians (those who havent quit)..Hope ICON see this, their Management is asleep at the wheel. Dont be surprised if you cant get a provider to repair or maintain your machine. Customers pay big bucks for this service and they should get it! Very Pissed TECH!

Universal Technical Services / Nordictrack 3200have had nothing but problems with it

I purchased a Viewpoint 3200 about 4 months ago and have had nothing but problems with it slipping to the point of all the adjustment has been max out. In addition the TV has never worked. It has been on back order going on 2 months. If you can get UTS on the phone they usually are helpful.

Icon Health And FitnessCharged $25 to register equipment

I plan never to buy from ICON again. In January 2010 I bought a five fitness machines for a home gym. Two of the items were made by Icon, a Freemotion f5.6 Strider & Freemotion TT30 treadmill. I used the strider for the first time in May and noticed that it was not operating correctly. I called the service number and was told that I would need to pay $25 to register the piece before they would fix it. I was told that this info was clearly documented in the user manual - it is not! So buyer beware...this is a company that does not value customers after a sale.