ICM Marketing GroupFraud and lies

D Review updated:

I worked for this company for a short period of time. I voluntarily resigned when forced to lie, cheat, and scam people. This company claims to be second to none, when in fact they are just another average listing company thats lists timeshares on a website with a pretty picture and a price tag next to it, the very thing they claim not to be. If you have been contacted by them, do not hire this company. They do not have a buyers department, they do not have an upstairs compliance department, they have one person, Patrick Dunn running the whole operation. I was trained to be rude and arrogant to victims of the timeshare industry, by preying on the fact that they are in debt, just to bring them 1000$ closer to bankruptcy. Everything this company tells you in they're pitch is a lie, take it from someone who worked there. When i realized what a scam this company was, my morals and conscience kicked in and I realized its time for me to go.

I am currently unemployed because Id much rather be unemployed then cheat honest people out of their hard earned money, especially in this recession and economic crisis. Do your self a favor, to avoid this problem, dont buy a timeshare, it will be the dumbest move you could ever make, and you wont have these vultures contacting you, conning you to hire them.

• Ji
    Jim C. Mar 12, 2009

Derek, if in fact you're out there can you respond. I was due to meet with Patrick about a job. I've been in the business off and on since the 80's. Timeshare went through some trying times back then and still does because of offsite sales offices and listing agencies.

Will you contact me personally to give me a more personal update on what you experienced there. I actually was going to go this past Tuesday and my gut told to me check out website.

Thanks.
    Jim.
    [protected]@netscape.net

• Ro
    Robert Mar 25, 2009

I was contacted by someone to list my timeshare with ICM Marketing Group for $850.00.

I'm glad I checked out this website.
    Thanks for the info Derick & Jim

• Dh
    DHS Jun 20, 2009

They just contacted me about renting.selling my timeshare. When I asked them about Patrick Dunn, no one had ever heard of him! LOL
    They said that was a different company altogether, but they did want close to a grand for listing my property. Fat chance.

• Al
    Almost a sucker Jul 11, 2009

Really appreciate the feedback. I got a "cold call" from them, they knew about my timeshare, asked questions to figure out whether I wanted to sell, upgrade, or rent. When I was considering a rent option (my wife and I don't get a lot of time to vacation these days), they offered to do so. Nice guys to talk with, but I got suspicious when they started asking for a credit card to close the deal and were very persistent. I would have thought anyone with half a brain would realize today that you never give a credit card number to anyone who "cold calls" you. Thanks for the info on this company. Seems bad that they would get an A- rating on the www.bbb.org website, ..very misleading. I wonder if it's that easy to create a business to "rent" things, but then just go out and collect fees to do so without ever trying to hold up their end of the bargain. Guess it is. I hope people don't get duped by this often, ..but I guess if they get 1 response out of a hundred calls, ..it still makes business. Sad.

• To
    topha3711 Sep 25, 2009

I agree, I just got off the phone from ICM Marketing group with a guy named "Jim" who I was transfered to from "Jack". He just went on mumbling about how good they are and trying to "educate" me in how I keep my currently owned timeshares and just trying to butter me up. When I tried to ask some questions he just kept rambling like he never heard me. He said he was in inventory so I asked him want his inventory turnover ratio was. He was clueless!!! He said that would be known in the accounting department, I asked him to transfer me there and he wouldn't, he instead said that doesn't really prove anything because there are so many factors, and I was thinking hello!!! I'm an accountant and yes it does prove a whole lot, it could generally prove if this company is legit or not. Anyway, I continued to ask a few questions that even the janitor should know about this business and he couldn't answer!!! He is trained to say things he doesn't even have knowledge of himsel[censored] That's when you know it's a scam!!! After being scammed once by GMACTD because I didn't take to time to research or ask questions I now know there is nobody out there who I have found honest enough to sell my timeshare. I assumed GMACTD handled things the same as GMAC but I've had my timeshare on their market for about 6 months and not a single offer or telephone call and my very own agent will not call answer my calls or call me back when I've tried for over 4 months now to get a hold of him "Marcus Smith".

Now you know when one of these companies call: Ask Questions!!! and search Google using their company name!!!

I'd also like to add that this "jim" guy said that they have only received one complaint and it was handled in two hours. Yeah right, even rolls royce's get complaints they are just never filed because they are taken care of on the spot with no charge.

Don't make the same mistake like I did and lose $1400 instantly.

All business with an upfront fee in my mind should be guilty until proven innocent.

• Ti
    Tiger000 Nov 16, 2009

I too just hang up the phone to this company ICM I let them talk for awhile . I told this gentleman I need to make research before I commit to any agreement. He had me go to the website BBB to see their A- rating they been in this business for 3yrs. I said no to the 962.00 they transfer me to another gentleman his offer was same but then I was transfer to the manager he offer 712.00 and again to 562.00. He just continue nonstop high pressure wanted to know why I decline his offer. He continue saying our timeshare for rental was in high demand. I knew something was amiss with this company so glad I found this website to confirmed they are a scam company.

• Ad
    Advocater Nov 30, 2009

I hung up on a guy from ICM and he's called back twice. I told him he had to stop calling and he finally said "no problem". I got the same line about the BBB rating and decided to just search on the name and I'm so glad I did. Never give anyone a CC# who has called YOU. What a crock!

• Az
    AZtimesharehater Jan 26, 2010

I am so glad I kept searching online. Everything that all of you have said is so true. I have been trying to sell my time share for 3 years now and have paid two different companies to list it and have not heard a thing. At first ICMG sounded so good. They kept lowering the price and saying "Here's what I am going to do for you". Today they got just a little too pushy and told me I can only take 24 more hours to make up my mind. I have also been transfered from one 'Director' in accounting to another big wig in inventory...They are the same. Just high pressure sales and when they get someone that listens they have to make the most out of it. At the begining they said no one should ever give their credit card info over the phone without first seeing a contract. Now they are so it is impossible to create a contract until a payment is made and a profile is set up. Just a buntch of crap!!! I should know better than to entertain them an listen when they call...

Thank you everyone for writing about your experiences!

• Cj
    CJnRae Feb 04, 2010

Same experience as AZtimesharehater. Same pitch, same assurances of the BBB rating. We're stuck with a timeshare that we got snookered into upgrading to points after having paid off our week plan. We've never used it.

Sad.

Thanks for sharing.

maxemax1 Mar 18, 2010

I received a "cold call" about my time shares. I ultimately talked to Isacc Gardner, who really put the pressure on me to get me to sign up with them He touted their BBB rating of A- to assure me how great they were. He also told me my costs would nearly immediately be returned to me by their actions to get one or both rented at more than the cost of ICM's fee. This would take place as they brought me offers to purchase one or both units. He failed to convince me at the time. Since then he has called at least 10 times on a number that is on the National Do Not Call list. When I finally talked again with him, I read him several of the above comments. He became VERY ABUSIVE on the phone. When I informed him I was going to turn his company into the authorities for violating the National Do not call Act, he screamed at me then said he now understood why I was fool enough to purchase a timeshare. At that point, I hung up on him. DO NOT FALL FOR THESE GUYS. They are bad apples, like all the rest.

MAXEMAX

• St
    SteveDavis Jan 21, 2020

@maxemax1 Do you know the phone number Isaac Gardner was calling you from? Thank you

• Js
    JSJ1 Mar 23, 2010

I'm glad I read these comments. I would just like to know, with so many complaints, why they have only 5 complaints at BBB, and all resolved?

• Al
    A. Lo Apr 06, 2010

I'm considering selling my Westgate, Planet Hollywood timeshare and was working with Chris Hernandez of ICM Marketing. I was offered the one time discount deal of 531.00 to process the selling of it. I checked the BBB and noticed the A- rating. I didn't feel comfortable discussing a deal, till I did more research and now I'm glad I did. Has anyone worked with a Chris Hernandez with this company? Does anyone one of a reputible company that can sell my timeshare?

• Va
    vanessahmc Apr 08, 2010

anyone know of some other creditable company to sell timeshares?

I got contacted by a Walter and Rick by ICM.

• Ha
    Handysandy9 Apr 15, 2010

ICM took money out of my account without my permission, and now they don't want to give it back. WATCH OUT THIS IS A BUNCH OF B.S. I did not cancel within the 4 days because my mother passed away. All i can say is SCAM SCAM SCAM

• De
    devildogwife95 Jun 25, 2010

Derek,

Thanks for putting this information out here and exposing this company for what they really are. It is really sad they are scamming people out of their hard earned money.I just wish I had known this before I was scammed out of my money. Kudos to you for staying true to yourself. It's good to see there are people with good morals.

• Ra
    R & F Jun 26, 2010

I also have just been contacted by ICM. With the thousands of successful sales, why hasn't anyone given a positive report to support this marketing agency? The ICM representative that contacted me explained that my timeshare was very attractive to potential buyers. Better deal than the thousands of timeshares already existing in their inventory. LOL. What a load of crap. Mine is no better than anyone elses. We too have trusted another company that promised to sell our timeshare. Seven months later and not one call. (Fooled once shame on you. Fooled twice shame on me.). The reason we are being contacted by these schisters is because we are obviously easy targets. We all purchased these useless timeshares to begin with. Suckers we are! Maybe there are some timeshare owners who enjoy their properties and feel they made a good investment. We do not. Would love to sell but do not trust any agency that cold call asking for fees up front. If anyone finds a reputable company that delivers would love to hear about it. Have been surfing net in search of one but unsuccessful. SELLER BEWARE!!! Listen to these testimonials and listen to your instincts. Do not fall for their high pressure sales pitch. You, like I, fell for it once when you purchased timeshare. Don't fall for it again. Good luck!

Marcia Jul 01, 2010

I went through the same problem with this ICM group. They charged me $149 2 days after I signed up online although I never really used their program. I called them and talked to Marisol, who said to be sorry but would not refund my money.

I called my Credit Card and told them I never received the package and they said not to worry. They cancel the charge (almost one month after I signed up) and refunded the money to my account. They said it is easy for them to collect the money back from them.

YAY!

Marcia Jul 01, 2010

Call your credit card company and tell them that nobody at ICM Group was willing to help you whatsoever. Make sure to dispute the shipping fee as well since the first thing you should say is that you didn't even receive the package on the mail.

In my case I only saw the charge almost a month after I signed up, my credit card company (chase) still gave me full refund without many questions being made.

• Ca
    carl101 Jul 14, 2010

I tell you people believe anything they read on the internet. All of these comments are from people who haven't even hired this company to see what they can do. Check this company out with the Better Business Bureau and you will see that this is a legitimate company. They have an A rating with the BBB. This company has rented my timeshare out more then once. They call me with offers every other week about renting my points. I was looking on here so I can give a recommendation to ICM, unlike the other companies I hired, not one of them did anything for me. This complaint board is very negative to a good company in the timeshare industry. Trust me, hard to find a company like this.

• Mu
    Murphey3812 Nov 03, 2010

I received a phone call from ICM Marketing from this phone number: [protected]. But when googling this number it comes up with the name John Malin with an address in Prospect, PA. Google maps show this to be a very run down neighborhood mixed with factories. And the address does not appear to be on the street. I always check the phone numbers and the companies out before even thinking about giving them any information. I told them we were all set, we'll see if they call back and try to get my husband.

• Kk
    KKunzler Apr 20, 2011

I got a call tonight from this group. I got burned once before by a different company so wouldn't play along with their game. I told them I would research on the internet on my own time. Then Jim got on the phone and began to give me his spill. I told him I wouldn't pay anything until the condo was sold. He became angry saying commission wasn't done with time share condos. I told him that if he could make a contract with me to sell it then I could also make a contract with him to sell it. It wouldn't be commission then would it. He became more angry and said he made money off of buyers not sellers and the offer would be given to someone else and I would loose out. Well it is my understanding that you need a seller in order to have a buyer . . .
    I am grateful there are sites to get actual experiences instead of canned testimonials on some website some where. I will not be burned again.

• Bd
    bdiddysmitty May 19, 2011

Sorry Ya'll but the BBB - better business bureau is not a great way to check out whether or not a company is a good, moral and ethical company. The BBB is a business which other companies PAY a membership to be a part of. you should always be a little weary when listening to a company who makes a financial gain to rate the comoany that is paying them. I could make up a Company yomorrow, pay the membership fee and have an A rating.

• Bd
    bdiddysmitty May 19, 2011

Sorry everyone but the BBB - better business bureau is not a great way to check out whether or not a company is a good, moral and ethical company. The BBB is a business which other companies PAY a membership to be a part of. you should always be a little weary when listening to a company who makes a financial gain to rate the company that is paying them. I could make up a Company tomorrow, pay the membership fee and have an A rating. do the research.

• Ly
    Lynetta Oct 14, 2011

ICMG offered to try to sale my timeshare. Their marketing fee is $962 which they collect from the
    finance company that supplies the loan to the buyers. I pay nothing to them. Has anyone else had those terms from them? I am afraid to trust them, but it sounds like I would not be at risk.

• Ca
    Carram Nov 01, 2011

I currently have my timeshare with them for two years now. They have never given me an offer for sale or rental, plus they place your property at a rediculous amount to ensure that they will never have to refund your monies. You are better off selling it on your own.

• As
    asmartconsumer Nov 05, 2011

These are all lies, the guy who made this post was a disgruntled worker that worked there..ICMG brung in over 60, 000 thousand confirmed offers since janurary they are very help full and if they are a scam company how could they be in business for 6 yrs with the same address and number and not get shut down?? if that was the case the (FTC) which is the federal trade commission would come and shut the building the down and lock everyone up.. you guys believe everything you read im pretty sure that's why half of you guys have timeshares now because you let the Resorts fool you in too buying timeshares and they did that in front of your face and not over the phone for thousands of dollars not just a marketing fee of 962$ to help you sell your timeshare.. please do more research before you starting pointing fingers, maybe at the resorts for lieing to you and telling half you guys that there is no way of selling your timeshare and tricking everyone into paying matience fees each yr and making the resorts rich!

• Aa
    aajjal Sep 18, 2012

Thank you for your input. I just got my resume done online and got a text from someone there. Good thing I checked this out before calling them back.

• Ne
    NeverAgain!!! Jan 22, 2013

I got suckered into giving them $650.00. I was so skeptical and I did research but apparently not enough. They said they were going to rent out or sell my 1 bedroom timeshare, well I never got one call from them after they got my money. Till this day they still have not called me and this is going on 2 years or more. They are extremely pushy, and very persistent. They will do anything to get the sale. They kept saying do you really think we are going to make any money on your $650.00, they were like we make the money on the sale of your timeshare. I tried to ask them to let me pay them once my timeshare was sold...they would not do it!! They kept pushing me and pushing me and had me talking to a few different people. I should have listened to my gut and my x-husband! DO NOT GIVE ICM GROUP ONE DIME!!! They are crooks and it's really sad this stuff still goes on with companies.. A lot of what was mentioned above is exactly what I experienced. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! DON'T BELIEVE ONE WORD THAT THEY SAY!!!
    CLB

• Ri
    Ricky Lee Roubal Jan 25, 2019

May 30 2014 After a series of discussions over the phone with Isaac Gardner, I finally handed over $1324 to have them rent out some of my extra points. Well, here it is January 2019 and not one property has been rented as of yet. 2/3 of the time you leave a message and nobody ever calls back. Sometimes Jackie answers and gives you some "interested" offers, but nothing ever happens. A lot of offers far below what the points value of the rental is worth when you convert the points into dollars. So much for the promise of getting your money back in rentals.

• St