Ibuyfireplaceparts.comLong delivery, poor customer service

C

I have used iBuyFireplaceParts.com twice to buy repair parts for my fireplace gas logs. The first time I used them the parts took approximately 8 weeks for delivery. For this second order I am now at 7 weeks and still waiting. On the first order their customer service could only tell me that the part was a direct shipment from the manufacturer and could not provide any information on estimated ship date or delays. On my second order they have not responded to my emaial. When I called I was told the person that could check on the order was away from their desk and would call back - no suprise that I haven't heard back from them. On the positive side they are very quick to charge the parts to your credit card...

RESOLVED

• iBuy Stores's response · Oct 11, 2011

We are quite aware of this order lead time and are still sorry for the long delay. Because we specialize in many discontinued parts that are not stocked in the USA anymore, lead times can be long. We did indeed try to inform the customer when they order, but the brand had gone out business 4 years prior and most of the parts needed to repair their unit could not be sourced. We were happy we could even get the parts they needed in the first place to repair their model. Our team of customer service agents are always available anytime to inquire and respond to any order or part request. You can reach us direct at [protected]. Thank you!

• iBuy Stores's response · Jul 06, 2012

We are sorry for the delays experienced with products orders related to the Monesson Hearth Company. They are the ones who bought up Vermont Castings, Majestic and Century heating and their lead times even on stock items is very disappointing. We are suggesting to customers considering buying older model stoves and fireplaces to consider other brands to avoid long lead times such as this. This has been an ongoing issue for the past 2 years and it still has not been streamlined at their Canadian facility. We try to keep their most common items in stock in our US warehouse to avoid their long delays. Unfortunately we can only trust in the lead time they give to us and relay them to the customer as the information comes in hoping it is accurate. 10 - 14 days is their average, but we have seen as much as 4 - 6 weeks once the winter months set in and demand is high.

Please feel free to call us direct anytime for a US physical stock check and we would be happy to help. We are again sorry for both your experience waiting for parts from that brand along with all of our other customers for the past 2 years of delays from them.

iBuy Stores Inc.
    iBuyFireplaceParts.com
    [protected]

• iBuy Stores's response · Jul 06, 2012

We are so very sorry for the delays you experienced trying to order parts for your fireplace. It seems we have all been effected with the long lead times and product availabilities from the Monesson Hearth company. They are the company that acquired the Vermont Castings, Majestic and Century heating brand names. For the past 2 years they have has significant lead times on many of their products and we as a company try to keep as many of their most common items actually in stock in the US for immediate shipping. Most order on average take between 10 - 14 day lead times, but get be as much as 4 - 6 weeks during the winter months which is a real shame with customer needing to heat their homes.

We encourage all customers to consider other options when thinking about buying a used model with these brand names. We make a strong effort to relay all shipping lead times to our customer trusting what the factory is telling us is accurate. We would always be happy to do physical stock checks both here in the USA and Canada prior to placing your order. If they were able to give us accurate ship times in REAL time on most all of their 18, 000 items we would be happy to publish them, but they are not.

We are sorry again for your experience with buying parts for your Monesson item and hope this information helps others as well about future purchase of any Monessen repair part.

iBuyFireplaceParts.com
    iBuy Stores Inc.
    [protected]

• Br
    britt260 Apr 22, 2016

I ordered parts for my fire place from ibuy and received them in 4 business days. I would definitely order from this company again, the sales rep. that I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgable. I told my mother in law about ibuy and she is purchasing parts for her fireplace as well. I would definitely recommend this company and I will be ordering from them again.

jodysown Oct 28, 2013

Placed an order for wood stove parts. Knew a cold snap was coming and need parts for stove to work. 2 weeks later in mist of cold parts arrive severely damaged and parts missing as well due to being shipped in the cheap box that the very heavy cast iron door part sits in in ware house was destroyed and because the shipper simply opened that flimsy box and shoved in the other parts. There was no shipping box with packing materials to protect anything. Now this part was my fault...I bought without looking around first. I ended up having to go out and buy what I needed locally...Glue $5.00, 9 ft of gasket rope $9.00, 6 ft of small gasket rope $6 total...$20. I buy price same glue, , , $25...9 ft of rope $45...6ft rope $28 the other 2 items I did not have to buy to get stove working I found after researching were also SEVERLY OVERINFLATED!!! Then they charged me shipping 3x when on the phone I was told they would not charge me but for one including the the replacement items due to their poor shipping...They refuse to reimburse me even tho tey threw multiple orders including the parts they had to replace into one box they double and tripple charged me...Just shameful. RUN THE OTHER DIRECTION>>>they are RETAIL RAPISTS!!! I'm out $200 bucks due to thier incompetance and unethical practices!!!And I will spread ythis far and wide!!!1

SallLorenzo Aug 02, 2013

i ordered parts from them and had them in like a week. I will definitely be using them again in the future.

jaredmiller13 Apr 24, 2013

I purchased a few things from Ibuy for my fireplace around christmas and after 2 weeks I called and spoke to a customer service rep at Ibuy and was told that my products come from Canada from a company named Monessen. So i looked up this company and it looks like they have bought a bunch of other fireplace manufacturers making it so they are the only ones selling these parts. I spoke to a local fireplace dealer after ordering with ibuy and was told that Monessen is horrible with customer service and takes their sweet time shipping things out. It made me feel like a total tool because I was rude with the customer service agent at Ibuy thinking it was them. I got my item in early February along with an email and phone call from Ibuy to make sure my order arrived. I would order from Ibuy again but I would make sure that it wasnt a Monessen product seeing as how its clear that Monessen doesnt value there customers

• Mu
    mudslinger777 Jul 03, 2012

WOW!
    I was waiting weeks and weeks for my stuff but nothing!
    They state on their website "Shipped direct from the factory to your door".
    NOT
    I received an email from them after inquiring about the arrival of my stuff...
    "Your order is being shipped from the manufacturer which is located in Canada. This generally takes 14 to 21 business days. Once we receive your shipment, we ship to you the same day. "

Most likely it takes another week or two once ibuy ships them to me.
    Their website should clearly state shipping times but of course, as I'm sure they are well aware, if they did then nobody would order anything from them.
    STAY AWAY!