HydrodermCancellation of account/return of unused portion

K

Unable to reach company by phone and/or online. Phone system cuts you off everytime you reach a customer service representative. Online address is bogus and does not work. Have been trying to reach the company for over 3 weeks to return the items and cancel the account. Need to have a company representative contact me for a RMA return merchandise number and to cancel account.
This company should be prosecuted for fraud and missrepresentation.

• Valerie Dec 15, 2007

Not only was there absolutely no visible improvement regarding wrinkles, but I ended up with two subcutaneous cysts (YIKES!) on my face!!! One was near my nose and started swelling up the area under my eye. Both were so full of puss that the cortisone injections my doctor tried to give me could not even be effectively administered in one office visit. I have never had anything that bad on my skin before even though I used to have bad acne many years ago as a teenager. (My skin looks really good now.)

I reported this somewhere on line a year or so ago and cannot believe that this company is still in business and has an ad running on my home page on MSN. These people should be stopped! This stuff is dangerous!

• Jl
    J Lenart May 27, 2008

I received an order out of the blue - never ordered, never heard of and all of a sudden it showed up. It took several days to get a hold of the company but when I did and endured a 15 minute wait time, they seemed responsive BUT I am not sure there will be credit as they promised on my AMEX card. We'll see. TOTAL Scam.

• Valerie Jun 12, 2008

My elderly father has received 2 shipments of Hydroderm products within the last 2 weeks. He did not order these products and is entangled with a perpetual billing/ship cycle. Hydroderm or aka Body Shape is not registered with the Secretary of State in California or with the Secretary of State in our state, under either name. Which means they are NOT authorized to conduct business in either state. This potentially presents legal problems on a state level for this company, if these are the business names they use. You can request a copy of their current Charter ID# with your local secretary of state. They usually post this information online for all registered/active businesses.

I will not follow the RMA return policy as described on their invoice to return the products, as this would imply that there was an actual order agreement between this company and my father. Anyone who has received these products without requesting them or through identity theft should not recognize their terms and conditions for return, since there is no REAL contract that exists. I will request Hydroderm/Body Shape's UPS account # to return all products COLLECT through their account and expense.

I will also send with my request for their shipping account # a copy to our local District Attorney's office to pursue a criminal investigation. Our state criminal codes 14:68.6 (Unauthorized ordering of goods or services) and 14:73:5 (Computer Fraud) seem to be applicable for this situation. I am not an attorney nor do I have any legal background; however, I have found several very useful criminal code (law) sites on the internet.

It will be up to the DA's office on how to proceed with this matter. If this is a criminal case, it's better to put our tax dollars to work with our local DA's office, than to retain a private attorney. I think the victims have lost enough time, money and worry on this!

• He
    Hector Jul 05, 2008

I started to received their trial product and me paying shipping. if not stop will be charged for the full product at whatever the cost is. I am expected to pay the return postage cost too!

• Sh
    Shareexp Aug 11, 2008

I ordered and rec'd a "free" sample and was charged $5.95. I still haven't had a chance to try it, then I noticed my credit card statement has a charge for $84.00 on it for something else. I pulled out the original statement that came with my "sample" and it tells me that I should expect this because of a "free membership"... what the ????
    I just tried to call their 888 # to get this straightened out and I have to call back tomorrow... apparently, because I didn't tell them not to send it they take it upon themselves to do so. The nerve is they claim I am actually receiving a discount off the regular $100 retail price. What baloney!!
    Tomorrow can't come soon enough.
    This is fraud right under my nose. I have a Master's Degree and got had!!

• Ro
    ROSALIA CIPRIANO Sep 16, 2008

I RECIVED A FREE TRIAL OFFER FOR 6.44$, AFTER THAT THIS COMPANY WANTS TO BILL ME MONTLY FOR THE PRODUCT THAT I DIDIN'T ORDER, FOR $ 84.00 (PLUS S/H).
    I DON''T' WANT ANY ADDIZIONAL CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD, WHEN I NEED
    THE PRODUCT I'LL MAKE THE ORDER.
    ROSALIA CIPRIANO
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ar
    Arthur855 Sep 22, 2008

I did not order this product. I don't want this product of Hydroderm. I want it cancelled immediately. I want the RMA number need to return this product now. I am not paying for this product.

• Ca
    Caren Sep 23, 2008

I beleive all the complaints I have read. I to wass taken in for the FREE trial and then learned that I enrolled in a membership-FOR WHAT? When I tried to login into my account the webpage is no longer active and when I called the 800 number I was told that I could get a RMA number until thursday or Friday betting that I would forget but I haven't.
    I am going to my bank and have them flag this charge in case it does go through.
    Terrible what dishonest people will do

• Ri
    Rita Love Sep 24, 2008

I, called to cancel my order for this product on Wednesday 09-24-08 and was told I had to call back Monday. I was very disatified
    with this answer.

marylee Sep 24, 2008

ORDERED THE FREE TRIAL AND FOUND OUT THEY WOULD CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE NEXT MONTHS. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THE CHARGE, DO NOT INTEND TO PAY THE CHARGE, CAN'T RETURN BECAUSE CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL NOT GIVE ME THE CORRECT RMA NUMBER TO RETURN, NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.!!!

MARYLEE

• Ly
    Lynn Misenheimer Oct 02, 2008

Product does not work and trying to get a RMA # is like pulling teeth. Computers are constantly down but yet, they want to charge our credit cards when products have been returned. Product advertising is false and products need to be pulled from market.

• Ol
    OLIVER Oct 02, 2008

I ORDER THE "CALLED FFREE ONE MONTH SUPLY" WHICH ENDED IN A CHARGE IN MY CRDIT CARD WITHOUT TELLING ME
    ABOUT. LATER ON THEY SHIPPED ANOTHER BOTTLE OF THE WHITE STUFF THAT NEVER WORKS.

• Ju
    Judy Oct 14, 2008

I have tried for 3 weeks to get a charge removed. I kept being told their "system" is down. Then I was supposedly transfered to the Supervisor and was promptly disconnected. This company is a scam. Product was worthless.

• Er
    Ernetta Williams Oct 16, 2008

I'm having the same problem. They billed me for the free trail and now they have billed me again for services not rendered. I have tried to contact them and they tell me that the system is down and to call back at a later date. I have made several attempts to contact them and have yet to receive a call back . I did not authorize them to take out this payment and I want my money back.

jarevalo52 Oct 20, 2008

Tried many times to cancel but unable to get thru via internet and phone... BEWARE... Do not subscribe.

• Ro
    Ro Vinson Oct 27, 2008

I am having the same problem. I have received the product and used it in the past. However, my October shipment did not arrive. I called them at about October 7th and received the same story about their "system being down"; I called again today and got the same story. They better not charge my credit card or I will dispute the charge and contact the Attorney General of California.

CHARLOTTE TRACE Oct 30, 2008

I'M GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. IF YOU TRY AND EXCESS YOUR ACCOUNT AND THERE IS NO SUCH ADDRESS. EVERTIME I CALL, TODAY I WAS THE CALLER 24 AND I HELD, TO BE TOLD THEIR SYSTEMS WE'RE DOWN AND CALL FRIDAY. THIS IS A CROCK! I ALSO COULD NEVER GET A RMA NUMBER, WHATEVER THAT IS. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS COMPANY.

Patricia Watts Nov 03, 2008

I have been trying to contact Hydroderm via phone and net for 2 months to cancel shipments
    (membership). All I get are busy signals or no internet sites for cancelling orders or customer service. My next move is to try to get credit card company to deny payment for unauthorized shipments but that seems to be a long, drawnout process I would rather avoid.

Nona Garg Nov 03, 2008

The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. From http://www.bangalorewithlove.com

patti Nov 03, 2008

hydroderm makes all of these claims and not only did I not see any results, I sent my package back at my expense well before the end of the trail period, called for the RMA #, was guaranteed I would not be charged.
    I was. NOW can can't get thru to the phone numbers listed, or are disconnected after waiting several minutes on the line

Mae Green Nov 03, 2008

On 8/31/08, I ordered the trial supply of Hydroderm Original Platinum. I called back BEFORE the 30 trial period was up to get a RMA number as necessary in order to return the product. I sent the product back to the company long before the 30 days was up as instructed. On 9/12/08, I was charged the trial price of $5.95, but then on 10/16/08, I was charged the full price of $84 even though I had returned the product before that date. This caused an over draft charge on my account. As soon as I got the noticifation from my bank that I was over drawn, I called Hydrodrem to find out why they had charged me when the product had been returned to them. At that time i was told that they would refund not only the $84 but also the $26.97 over draft cazhrge that their unauthorised charge had caused for a total of $110.97. As of this date, 11/3/08, those charges have not been returned to my bank anhd has caused another OD charge of $26.97 to be debited to my account. This has caused me to be out $137.94 when NONE of the charges except the original charge of $5.95 was authorised. WhenI have called the company on any of the numbers given, I have either had to spend well over an hour trying to even get through to them or else when I do get up in the list close enough to be able to talk to someone, they disconect me. I have talked to them once about this problem as I said and it was supposed to be taken care of by 10/20/08, but it is still not done. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AS THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION AND NOT ALLOW YOU TO EVEN GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM TO REPORT IT.

• Th
    therese Nov 04, 2008

Website does not allow member to login and cancel membership as per agreement. When using phone call, put on hold then does not answer. When you call back you are put on hold at number 22 all over again.

• Su
    SUSAN Nov 04, 2008

THEY TOOK AN AUTOMATIC PAYMENT FOR THE PRODUCT FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT AND I DID NOT RECEIVE THE PRODUCT. I HAVE CALLED 3 DIFFERENT NUMBERS AND NO NO ONE ANSWERS. I CALLED WELLS FARGO AND TOLD THEM TO PUT A STOP ON AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS. I AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A REFUND.

• Bo
    bobbi Nov 04, 2008

After calling to cancel service an order was sent to me & over $80. was taen from my checking account. I am now unable to reach them.

• Li
    linda sciury Nov 05, 2008

this business has no business to scam people the way they do, cannot reach anyone by phone, i have stayed on line almost an hour at a time only to be told they are not open or that i will be the next customer to be spoken to and then they hang up on me . i know they have recieved my product because i called ups and confirmed it. i am waiting for papers from bbb to file a complaint on you it is people or companys that make it bad for the honest people in the world

• Ka
    Kari Sampson Nov 05, 2008

I never ordered this product and they are billing me and I have no idea how to stop this. Their phone is busy and then I reached someone and they said their system was down, I think it's a big scam. I do not know what to do and I am sick of dealing with it.

• Ca
    Cathy Nov 05, 2008

I had the same problem. I notified my credit card company and they resolved the problem and you will also get your money back too . My credit card company said, they've had this problem with this company for about a year.

• Is
    Isa Giberman Nov 05, 2008

Completely agree. I am agoing thru the same thing and I'm going to have to file a complaint. I have called around 10 times and after waiting around 45 minutes for someone to pick up the phone, they disconnect me. I have spoken to Michael, Lisa, and half hour ago Wendy. Have been disconnected every time. I even called the number to order the product to see if they can connect me and they tell me that the company to return the product is a different company, which I cannot understand how the company to return a product can be different from the one you order from. DO NOT, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE FRAUD AND JUST WANT TO TAKE YOUR ACCOUNT AND CHARGE TO IT.

• Is
    Isa Giberman Nov 05, 2008

I agree. Having the same issues. Want to cancel, get disconnected after waiting 45 minutes to get a hold of someone. They promise they are going to cancel and not bill me, and they continue to charge my account. DO NOT DO BUSIENSS WITH THIS COMPANY.

• Do
    Doris Nov 05, 2008

I did a trial offer, and returned the product when I didn't feel it was working. In checking my credit card statement, I find they have billed me for a 60 day supply. I have been trying to reach Hydroderm for 2 weeks. I have waited as long as 30 minutes to get through, only to be cut off. I am totally frustrated. I am going to keep trying; if I don't have any success, I am reporting them to the BBB.

• Ga
    Gabriel Nov 05, 2008

It is very true. You try to get a hold of these people and they put you on an Hour's hold. And when it comes to you being the next person in line, it goes COMPLETELY QUIET and after a bit, it hangs up the call...

Mary Lee Nov 07, 2008

I have been using this product since 05 and actually like it. The company seems to be losing control, however, of its billing, shipping, and customer service. I originally took their autoship option to save money, but over the months they have removed our ability to control our shipments online, and the last straw is getting billed and NOT receiving the product after making specific arrangement on the phone with them to not receive another shipment until January. The charge also came in with an "Internatiional Transaction Fee" of $1.85, which the bank tells me is because the billing is being done in another country. The only thing their poor customer service folks are authorized to do is take messages (they can even give me a cancellation number) and forward them to "corporate" and that doesn't seem to be working. I filed a claim with my bank, but the only way to keep them out of my checking account in the future is to change my ATM card number - a pain but it may be what I am going to have to do.

Mary Lee Nov 07, 2008

Sorry, I just re-read my message again and made a mistake - customer service CANNOT give cancellations numbers.

Patti M. Jones Nov 10, 2008

I have been using the product for two months and have been trying to discontinue my product. I cannot contact anyone by via-telephone or on their on-line site given. I have committed a lot of time trying to cancel my services and hope that soon something will become of all of these complaints to this company "Hydroderm".

• De
    Debbie Nov 11, 2008

I have recently sent an email to them at: support.[protected]@alenareceipts.com The address was listed on my last invoice. It is too early to see if this works, but it's worth a try. The email wasn't returned as 'unable to send' and I've attached a "open receipt". Hopefully this will be a way for us to resolve the problems we are having with them. I am equally frustrated!!!

• Ti
    timothy Nov 12, 2008

I am attempting to cancell out both of the item, s that I ordered, Invoice#5945635, & Invoice#5945304, I would appreciate A return invoice on the above item, s

• Su
    Susan Noblett Nov 13, 2008

I cancelled any further orders 9-20-08 via E-mail. I have been charged 56.90 on Oct.14, 2008. This was drafted out of my checking account. I tried to call the 800 # and the 866#, but got a recording. I do not want them to send me or charge me. This is the 2nd request.
    Susan G.Noblett

• Ir
    irene gentile Nov 14, 2008

i returned product in time allowed, with required rma number and still was charged for product for $86.52. i been trying for days, weeks and hours to contact company and they hang up when i explain problem. i want my money back now and written apology for my inconvience and thier horrible service.

• Be
    becky Nov 15, 2008

Thank you for posting the email address. This was not included on my invoice. The website listed http://www.hydroderm.com/login/ does not exist. This is very frustrating.
    The invoice says "The fastest way to obtain an RMA number is to log into the "My Account" section"
    This section does not exist. I've sent an email now and hope we get a reply.

• To
    tony Nov 17, 2008

The worst company ever that I have deal with, phone numbers disconnected no way to complain to the co. no customer service. really just a total rip-off. BE WARE

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices