HutchWrong billing for prepaid connections!

I came across the complaint of Mr. Sivakumar Nachimuthu of SRF, CIFE, Mumbai 400061 regarding wrong billing on his prepaid mobile connection of HUTCH. In his case, HUTCH had alleged that there must be something wrong with the handset. But in my case, HUTCH said that it is not possible to investigate complaints of excess billing in case of prepaid connection, meaning thereby that the consumer of a prepaid connection has no remedy against wrong billing and he has to suffer even in case of the system failure on the part of the service provider like HUTCH.

I am a subscriber of HUTCH in respect of a prepaid mobile connection. For two days, i.e. 20th and 21st April 2006, I found that I was billed at twice the rate. I talked to Mr. Butt Avais of HUTCH on 22226 about the same but he was unable to sort out the problem. He informed me that sitting at the service center, he would not be able to verify the details but anyone at the Hutch Gallery would be able to do so. I sent an SMS to 6790 recording the above but there was no response except for the standard reply SMS stating 'We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

I normally check my balance every morning and on 21st morning, I found that the amount debited for the previous day was rather on the higher side. I then made a call to a local number and again checked the balance after the call and came to know that I had been billed at twice the rate. I noted down the details of the local call as well as the time at which the same was made. It lasted for 53 seconds but my account was debited for Rs.3.98 instead of Rs.1.99. I furnished the details to HUTCH by e-mails dated 25-4-06 and 29-4-06.

On 29th at about 10:00 hrs Mr. Ashish from HUTCH called me and stated that since I am subscriber of a prepaid mobile, it was not possible to verify my calling details, meaning thereby that my complaint could not be looked into. This was contrary to what your Mr.Butt Avais informed me on 21st.

Thereafter, I had sent three e-mails to various officers of the HUTCH. The final reply, which I got, was that it was not possible for the HUTCH to verify excess billing complaints of prepaid subscribers.

If there is a system failure on the part of the HUTCH even for five minutes, during which the prepaid subscribers are charged at double the rate, the HUTCH must me wrongfully earning lacs of Rupees. It is not believable that the calling details of a prepaid subscriber are not accessible in the system of the HUTCH. I am now planning to approach Consumers Disputes Redressal Forum through a consumer organization. Other affected subscribers can also do so.

chilamkuru subhan Mar 10, 2013

My mobile lost with IMEI NO, [protected] on 5th march 2013

manoj kumar53 Aug 21, 2012

lost my mobile in shop

• Ka
    Kamal Dissanayaka Jun 12, 2012

Maharagama Chantel 1 Mobile Phone Ganna epa, ewa Okkoma Hora Badu, kadichcha ewa wikunanawa, apahu hadala, mat rawatuna... oyala ehema ganna epa... maharagama tiyana chantel 2 hora shop

• Em
    E.M. May 17, 2011

A guy from HUTCH has been calling my parents from [protected]. I complained to the HUTCH customer service and to the local police but the calls didn't stop. If anyone else is getting calls form this number, please post here.

• Hr
    Hrushen Jul 27, 2010

I have bought a New Hand Set and got an Hutch Prepaid connection along with that of 9811 Series.

I have then converted it to a Lifetime incoming connection by paying 495 RS. Now the real surprise starts.

1.) I recharged it with 50 RS and even after promise by the company that I would get a full talk time on every recharge, I got only 28 RS out of it, No issues on this.

2.) Then one night I had to make an urgent call and when i saw my balance got reduced by almost 50 RS and my account was not having sufficient balance. I called customer care and the response was that " there was a problem in 9811 Series and your account would get credited with the deducted amount within 48hrs, is it not amazing a person who has to make an urgent call in the night when all the shops has closed sees that his balance as been reduced automatically without doing anything has to wait either till morning or for 48 hrs, and by then he might have died. Great services provided by hutch.

not only this when I told the executive to transfer the call to his senior, he put me on hold for almost 30 minutes and then i have to cut the phone deliberately, who can wait for so long???

And they customer care number was keeps going busy after that; this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

3.) Unfortunately my mobile got lost after few days, I have logged a complaint with them to block my mobile number and issue me a new sim with the same number, they told me I need to visit any hutch shop for that, and I did that also and got the new sim, and they promised me that my number would get activated within 4 hrs, and now the another surprise, after waiting for 4-5 days I called Hutch customer care after many tries I got connected, and the executive told me that we can not do anything and I have to visit the same Shoppe from which I got the new sim, now can anyone tell me that if a person need in emergency and not in the same city then how he can visit the same shop from where he bought the new sim???

And the same case was with me... not only this there floor manager (Delhi BPO) Mr. Harmeet Singh also not talked with me politely.

Every time when ever I need Hutch to be with me they were not with me, and they say "You and I in this beautiful world" and my world is not at all beautiful with them.

• St
    Streidner Jul 26, 2010

Negative residence verification report was given to Hutch without even visiting my place and I have sufficient evidence to prove my contention. My outgoing calls were blocked on the basis of this report. I would like to have a proof from Hutch that executive had visited my place and

Either the address provided by me on application form was found to be incorrect, or The address was correct but there was some convincing proof with the verifying executive that I did not reside at that place, or

The executive had visited my place of residence and had found it locked (because there were at least 3 of my family members available throughout the day) and had got it confirmed from my neighbors or from the records of my society that I had given the incorrect address and having found my residence locked whether the executive had contacted me on my alternate telephone number provided by me in my application form.

Joshua Jul 24, 2010

Very rude customer service in cochin. In fact they have barred my calls to customer service. They have asked me not to call the customer service for another 24 hrs. Would you be able to tell me what am I suppose to do.

• Ab
    Ablimi Jul 20, 2010

I have received SMS from HUTCH saying about a scheme of sms. With Rs 50/- for a month you will get 1000 sms free for the month. I have activated the sheme by the specified procedure they mentioned. My money Rs 50/- is deducted the moment I activate the scheme. But still HUTCH is chrging me for the every sms I sent.

• Ca
    Caminin Jul 20, 2010

I had got a message from HUTCH regarding including my number in the DO NOT DISTURB list. It takes 72 hours to get activated.I sent a DND message to them and even after 72 hours i.e. 3 days i keep getting promotional messages from them. I simply hate those useless unwanted promotional messages.

• Ti
    Tissember Jul 20, 2010

I took this connection in October 2005. In September 2006, I paid a refundable security deposit of Rs. 1500. In November 2006, I requested the company to refund this security deposit. The company informed that it will take 2 weeks. After 2 weeks when I approached them, they informed that cheque has already been sent to my mail address. Since, I did not get the cheque, I again visited their office and they were clueless as to why no cheque has been sent. In the meantime, I had already shifted from Bangalore to CHennai. SO it was difficult for me to travel. However, I have taken pain to travel to Bangalore again and again and everytime they said that they will let me know about the status. And till date they have not responded to me.

• Ov
    Overeess Jul 19, 2010

I have got a prepaid connection from hutch. they have given me a number which is not recycled properly and i am getting neusense call every day and night.

Once i called them they are not interested to change the number even it is their fault.

• Te
    Termnee Jul 14, 2010

I m using Hutch Connection from last 3.5 yrs. About 1month before suddenly the signal became weak in my office. I was unable to make or receive any calls. I compalint to hutch customer care. Everytime I was told that u will be contacted in next 24-48 hrs but i was never contacted. I again lodged a complaint after 7 days, Still nothing was done and i got the same answer. 3rd time i lodged complaint on 27 July and talked to their supervisor, Dharvender Rawat. He told me hw iwll arrange a call from network dept. in 15 -30 minutes but no call came. I called back and he told they will call me on 28th. Network team called me on Sat evening to know about details of problem. On Sunday, the called to ask if the roblem has been solved. As i was not in office where i face this problem, I told them to call on Monday. I didnt receive any call on Monday, Dharvender Rawat is not picking the phone. I talked to customer care and they told this problem will take 2 months to get resolved as my office area has signal problems. When i told them that from past 3.4 yrs there was no problem, they had no answer. I asked thm to connect to their supervisor or network team. They didnt connect me to their supervisor and told me they will arrange a call back from network team in 58 hrs. From 9 to 9 I am in office, many of my urgent calls are missed. To get details I have to send a paid sms of Rs2 to 303. Almost 100Rs has been spent on that. Now they say they will activate this service free of cost but u wont be able to make or receive calls. Whats the use of the phone connection if I cant use it. Pls tell me what can i do and what is the procedure to file any complaint.

• Ab
    ABHISHEK V Jun 28, 2010

Hi,

I would like to inform you that i had a word with hema on the number 080-[protected] at around 14:45 today and had explained in detail about the discrepency in the bill to which she promised me that someone would be calling me in an hours time.It's been close to 4 hours now and no one has bothered to even call me up.If this is the service you give to old customers, i must admit that it is so pathetic and annoying.

I hope i get a call from your end tomorrow failing which i would be forced to take up this matter to your higher up's.

So, requesting you to kindly call me and make sure that you clear my doubts and errors.

Rgds

Abhishek

----- Forwarded Message ----
    From: abhi shek <[email protected]>
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Mon, June 28, 2010 11:15:22 AM
    Subject: Discrepency In Bill

Hi

This is to inform you that my vodafone number is [protected].I had changed my blackberry plan from 899 to 499 in the month of may 2010.When i had spoken to your customer care representative for the change of plan (mentioned above), he had clearly told me that in 499 plan, i can receive emails and open emails for free but will be charged for downloads and browsing.You could check the recorded conversation for the same.

When i had spoken to another customer care representative today in the morning to enquire about my huge billing for this month, he had told me that i would be charged for opening an email also.

I have not downloaded or accessed internet at all and i dont seem to understand where from the usage is 47850 kb when i have not accessed internet nor have i downloaded anything. This clearly tells me and shows that the first representative did not understand the plan at all and he has given me wrong information.

I will not be able to make any payments to this bill until such time the query is resolved.

I have been clearly cheated and i am not going to pay the bill until such time i get a proper reasoning for the above.

Request you to kindly look into the matter asap and revert back and call me.

Rgds

Abhishek

• Ra
    rajesh gowda Jul 30, 2009

i am using hutch connection from three years but from one week its showing in valid sim what is the problem.

• Su
    Suren Jan 24, 2009

...if some service message comes like...

• Su
    Suren Jan 24, 2009

I generally make calls in Nepal and almost same thing happened to me also. If I make call in Nepal's mobile, it will be ringing there (not always, if it rings) and if the phone is not lifted (in other side) for 3-4 rings, the time starts here and they charge for 1 mins. Generally the time starts, if some comes like "phone is not reachable at the moment", "the subscriber is bg at the moment" etc.

• Gu
    Gurjinder Pal Singh Nov 14, 2008

Dear Sir,

I Gurjinder Pal Singh using hutch service in India cell phone# [protected] and right now am in Kuwait and I put my mobile on roaming while i came here but when i came in Kuwait my roaming is not working. I try to much to solve this problem but still my problem is not solved. Now I would like to request in your good office to solve my this problem and provide me roaming facility. you can send me contact with me on my current Kuwait # or send me sms on +965-[protected].

Your considration in this matter is highly appreaciated.

I shall be thakfull to you for this act of kindness.

Gurjinder Singh

• Ji
    jismy v.a Feb 23, 2008

i am using hutch connection,i am getting calls and messages from an unknown person,he is using such a bad language while speaking.what i can do for this please give me a reply

• Ne
    Neeraj Pande Jan 08, 2008

I just want to know that why the customer is charged for roaming .
    I frequently visit to dehradun and even if I use the same network still I am charged for incoming calls..... Its understood dat if I use network other than Hutch than its fine.......
    Atleast you should provide such facility to your customer that if they receive any incoming call from their own home network it shall not be chargeable.

• Lo
    lokesh gautam Jan 05, 2008

SIR,
    MERA SIM PREPAID HAI SIR PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADDRES HUTCH AGGENCY
    SIR SHAHDARA METRO STATION SIT LALIT SHARMA&MUNISH MANY TIME ARE NOT HELP FOR MY ONCE TIME NOT KYA KYA LANA HAI SIR METRO STATION KAI UNDER JANE KAI RS 6.00 LAGTE SIR PLEAS ANY PUNISHMENT TAKE IT

• Lo
    lokesh gautam Jan 05, 2008

sir,
    aaj mai metro station kai bar andar gaya bar bar janne ke Rs 06 lagte hai they are not help for mysir vau ek bar nahi batate ki kya kya lana hai sir please give me any hutch aggency addres my mobile no.[protected]

• Ro
    Ross kamal Jan 02, 2008

Just now i called customer care of hutch and one guy taken the call he is not giving correct information he cut my call also...

• Mo
    Mohd Khaja Sirajuddin Oct 22, 2007

I'm very disappointed with Hutch service which is becoming bad to worst day by day. Recently I made a call to Hutch customer service because I was being charged Re 1 per sms which was supposed to be 1 paisa per sms. Before calling them I sent an sms 'MYPLAN' to 121 to check my plan detail and it was showing 1 paisa per sms only but I was being charged Re 1 per sms. When I called the customer care department, first one rep received the call and I asked him few questions which he was not aware of like why I'm charged Re 1 and so on, so he said he will transfer the call to his team leader and he transferred it then the call got disconnected. Then again I called, this time another rep by the name Shiva received my call and he was very bad in communication, he was unable to speak proper English and at all when he was unable to explain me or talk to me properly I said him to transfer my call to a team leader and he transferred the call to his team leader and there was a ringer tone and no one received the call and the call got disconnected. Again I called customer care department and this time fortunately it was Shiva again, so I said him that no one was receiving the call and make sure that someone receives my call before transferring, talk to the supervisors or team leader that you are transferring the call and then transfer but this time also no one received my call after he transferred and the call got disconnected. Again I gave a call and said that I want to speak to a manager and repeated the same story with the third rep and I asked him his manager's name but to my surprise he first said that he cannot tell the name of his manager. Then he said he doesn't know his manager's name and he will check and tell me and he placed my call on hold for 7 minutes and later disconnected my call. Then again I called customer care and rep this time transferred the call to the team leader and he noted my complaint and he said I will be getting a call back within 3 hours but it's about a week but I dint receive any call from them. And when I'm trying to call customer care on 111 and when in IVR it says press 9 to talk with customer representative and when I'm doing that it's taking me to the main menu again. Now I don't even have facility to contact customer care department also. This is how HUTCH treat its customers. It's a very very very pathetic experience.

Thanks & Regards,

Siraj

• Mo
    Mohd Khaja Sirajuddin Oct 19, 2007

Hi,

My name is Siraj. My phone number is [protected] and email id: [email protected] I’m very disappointed with Hutch service which is becoming bad to worst day by day. Recently I made a call to Hutch customer service because I was being charged Re 1 per sms which was supposed to be 1 paisa per sms. Before calling them I sent an sms “MYPLAN” to 111 (by mistake before i typed 121 in my first complaint) to check my plan detail and it was showing 1 paisa per sms only but I was being charged Re 1 per sms. When I called the customer care department, first one rep received the call and I asked him few questions which he was not aware of like why I'm charged Re 1 and so on, so he said he will transfer the call to his team leader and he transferred it then the call got disconnected. Then again I called, this time another rep by the name Shiva received my call and he was very bad in communication, he was unable to speak proper English and at all when he was unable to explain me or talk to me properly I said him to transfer my call to a team leader and he transferred the call to his team leader and there was a ringer tone and no one received the call and the call got disconnected. Again I called customer care department and this time fortunately it was Shiva again, so I said him that no one was receiving the call and make sure that someone receives my call before transferring, talk to the supervisors or team leader that you are transferring the call and then transfer but this time also no one received my call after he transferred and the call got disconnected. Again I gave a call and said that I want to speak to a manager and repeated the same story with the third rep and I asked him his manager’s name but to my surprise he first said that he cannot tell the name of his manager. Then he said he doesn’t know his manager’s name and he will check and tell me and he placed my call on hold for 7 minutes and later disconnected my call. Then again I called customer care and rep this time transferred the call to the team leader and he noted my complaint and he said I will be getting a call back within 3 hours but it’s about a week but I dint receive any call from them. And when I'm trying to call customer care on 111 and when in IVR it says press 9 to talk with customer representative and when I'm doing that it’s taking me to the main menu again. Now I don’t even have facility to contact customer care department also. This is how HUTCH treat its customers. It’s a very very very pathetic experience.

Thanks & Regards,
    Siraj

• Pr
    pradeep Oct 08, 2007

Hutch or Vodafone have very poor customer service. Request all if planning to change or someone buying new connection then go for anything except HUTCH/Vodafone.

• Ne
    neel Oct 07, 2007

Hutch is f**king Company runing by Some F**krs

• Ar
    ARINDOM KUNDU Oct 01, 2007

Sub – Non Receiving NOC and Security Money for Hutch Phone No- [protected]

Dear Sir

I Arindom Kundu like to draw attention of false legitimate by Hutch Phone. Year back I took Hutch No – [protected](Relation Ship No 0 1.[protected]) from Nazafgarh area Delhi, but from very first month I was facing billing problem. Never the lace I never got bill on time. But as a good citizen of India I make call at customer care and made the payment. Some time it also happened I got two bills at a time. For this reason I frustrated and I think for closed down the number.

I had closed down the number on March end by calling at customer care, then in return they confirmed me we are sending one form for disconnection. That form I have not recd till date. And due to non payment of bill for the month of Feb and March 07 my phone get disconnect.

On 29/8/07 I have call from Okhla Police station from Mr. Rajbir Singh
    (Phone No- 011-[protected]) a complaint has launched for forgery under section
    402, 420, and Other section of Indian penal –(FIR NO – 406/07)which I don’t remember filled by M/S HETL Okhla and the lawyer for this case is Mr. R.K BINDAL of Tis Hazari Court (Room No- 3).

I have the lawyer Phone No from Mr.Rajbir Singh(Sub Inspector). When I contact
    Mr. Bindal he asked me to go any HUTCH SHOP and make the full and final payment by negotiate with the HUTCH EXECTIVE , as Mr. Bindal confirmed the unbilled amount is 2100 Rs. When I visit the Hutch Shop and asked for unbilled amount the confirmed me the amount is 1789/ Rs. only

After that I visit same day at JMD Tower Gurgaon –Haryana, I made the full and final payment of 1000/- by credit card (Receipt No – 0070708R0001139), and for same I had informed the Okhla police staion and Lawyer Mr. Bindra by providing the receipt no, I made the payment by 1:20Pm, as Mr. Rajbir Singh asked for payment by 4 O’Clock else he will send the file to court after 4pm same day.

Mr. Bindal Confirmed me on phone I will send the NOC in 2-3 days time, with the cheque of SECURITY Money. I made several call to Bindra to have the Courier details, every time he informed , give me 5 mins I am informing you, though it is only 6days as I smelling of forgery from MR. Bindal, as because when try to contact him on 3rd Sept 07
    I am having information “this number is not in Service”

Please help me in getting NOC AND SECURITY MONEY for Hutch No – [protected] .

Looking for an early settlement, as I have seen your channel has short this type of matter in quick succession.

My New Phone No- [protected] ; 011-[protected]
    Email – ID- [email protected]

Thanks & Regards

Arindom Kundu

Madhu Sharma Sep 22, 2007

Hutch is very very very misbehaving , worst & third class recovery team. A person (011-[protected]) called me from the recovery dept talk me like hutch(Vodofone) company has no respect for the customer's. He used very low standard & hurting words in front of me. But now it is over & i m going for a court case & i ll not let hutch company (that person) let go easily.I haven't seen more worst services than hutch(Vodofone) has.

• Ta
    Tamanna Sachdev Sep 21, 2007

I completely agree, since I am facing similar issues. This is infact going on since 6-8 months now.
    Frankly speaking, I cannot even say the network is pathetic since more than half the time I don't have a network signal on my phone. And the calls I receive last 10 seconds max....

My father uses Airtel, and though I hate to say it, they have amazing network in my area.
    Numerous complaints have been made to Hutch, (now Vodafone) but to no avail.
    I got so fed up of missing out on important calls that I have gone in for a Tata phone, they may not be offering flashy add on services but they provide what any mobile subscriber basically needs........a stable network which apparently hutch is unable to provide.

I have been a long standing customer with them, but now I am seriously considering chucking them out and taking up Airtel.
    I sometimes think ORange was so much more better.
    And now with Hutch becoming Vodafone, I fear the worst since with this service provider "Change is not good" contrary to what they are saying in their ads nowadays.

A really disgruntled Hutch subscriber.
    (Soon to be a Airtel customer)

• Kh
    khambhaliya jagdish s Sep 20, 2007

i have mobile shop in botad. the hutch mobile simcard activated without activation by ub & also some card unbar when we sold the simcard? problem the form fillid to care the distributor but put that on hold the card become activated at 5 day not has then that who will receive that loss? i will not sold the hutch simcard until you will solve this problem i am from vadvala mobile care

manivannan Sep 19, 2007

From march, I got lot of network problems and cross talks. I complaint in the customer care (Coimbatore) more than 100 times. Up to date there is no improvement in my complaint. For the past 3 days I try to contact customer care. But I cant do so!

Beware!

ankit malhotra Sep 17, 2007

i am ankit malhotra i have purchased the hutch connection from uyour hutch shop punjabi bagh on 09/09/2007. my mobile no is [protected]. this no has to be activated. i visited your hutch shop several times but it was not activated. please take the neccessary action and get it activate today.

Jasmeet Arora Sep 17, 2007

I received my August 2007 bill on the 4th of september 2007. I was surprised to receive a bill indicating a blackberry service activated Rs. 899=00 and Hutch Access = 199 and My monthly plan also changed to another plan. I was surprised that how can hutch do that without talking to me.

I called up helpline on the 3rd and the executive told me that the service was activated by a request they received via email. I said again and again that i have not sent any mail to verify i asked him for the email address from which it is sent but he refused to give me. I asked for a conversation id to take it further as he refused to lodge the complaint. I asked to speak to his supervisor he kept me on hold for 20 mins and finally the line got disconnected. I called back again and this time spoke to the supervisor who lodged the complaint and promised me that i will be contacted by the back team and this matter will be sorted out within 48 hours. The complaint no. was [protected].

Till 7th sept no one called me and finally i called again and was this time informed that the activation was done not by email but by telephone by a guy name ashish. I questioned how can anyone call and activate services without t hey checking who is the owner of the services. This time i was again given a complaint no.[protected].

On the 11th i called up again and again the same old story 48 hours someone will call you. No one calls you. I even marked an email from to Mr. Rajesh Shetty who is their Grievance handling in charge. But failed to receive a response till date.

On 16th September i visited the Hutch Center in the Hypercity outlet in Malad. The manager came to attend us only after the executive didn't know what to do. She was extremely rude and absolutely a stubborn lady who doesn't understand how to deal with customer who has got such bad service from the company.

She asked for another 24 hours, i asked her what about the assurity that the of their guys have given me and none have responded till date. She said she is giving me her card. What and h ow is her card going to help. She too didn't offer any solution and her final words were if that is not enough then i am not even writing down the complaint. So despite having visited a gallery which is made to help out customers. We get absolutely no response and on reverse we are humiliated in front of other customers.

Am moving to TRAI and consumer court. I am out there to show companies like HUTCH that they can't take customers for a ride.

This is total harassment on their side.

Regards,
    jasmeet.

VISHAL Sep 16, 2007

Hi,
    What ###ing things you guys are doing in terms of services and commitment.
    I am very well aware that you are not professional, well ### would be the best compliment for your manpower.
    Now come to the business, I am holding a ###ing Corporate connection from hutch (seems ###) since a month back. I had submitted of cheque for 998 at the time of possession and got a number [protected].
    IT was activated after three days instead of two days leave it.
    Them after few days a son of ### came for verification of provided residence address twice but got failed to find my address.
    This is ridiculous a field guy is not able to find my residence address where I am receiving my Airtel Postpaid bill regularly and other communication as well.
    And that ### was giving me missed call still I navigated him for the location but he failed to find instead of mentioned landmark.
    Number two my name is VISHAL on my certificate but I don’t know who is son of ### or you can say ### has entered my name as VISHAL SINGH great ###ing with customer as well as the goodwill of your company.
    Now on 08th Sep i have submitted my documents again for the re-verification at CP outlet and one ### told me that within three days the verification will be done and the name will also get corrected.
    I am still waiting for that son of ### for verification so that the number could get activate.
    Great job I appreciate your commitment because it is 7 days post submission of documents and I am waiting .....................
    Regards
    Vishal

anwer sultan Sep 16, 2007

As i have been using airtel connection from last four yrs.once one of the scheme was started by hutch if one having airtel post paid connection, will be providing two post paid connections free, as i was using airtel post paid connection one of my partner also wants to use it but he didn't told me and taken one new connection on my name without my knowledge. When the first bill arrives at my home i am in a complete shock when i am not using hutch connection so how can i received the bill. When i told my partner about his he told me he has taken that connection on my name, as he was paying his bill on time there was not a problem at all. One day when bill reaches near around 6,400.he ran away and now i am in a trouble because the connection was on my name. As once a call has come from hutch that i have due amount. I told them whole story but apart from this they have send court notice.

Beware!

• Sh
    Shreyans Shah Sep 14, 2007

I have been a hutch user since more than 5 years now. Have never recd. severe network problems at my house all these years. Since beginning of July this year the network at my home has deteriorated to an extreme. Calls get dropped, voices cut, I can often hear my own voice when I call someone. None of my calls last too long because they get dropped. Or I have to hang up because the voice is cutting so much that the opposite person cannot hear me.
    We are 3 hutch users at my house and my parents have a lot of their business done on cell phone. They are fed up with this problem.

Inspite of repeated complaints the network has not improved drastically. Calls are still dropped and Friends often complaint of my cell coming "unreachable" when its on. I had complained in the first week of August. Its been a month now. I had been promised the network will be fine in 2 weeks.
    I am still waiting. Several users are complaining of similar problems. I don't think I can wait too long now before I change my service provider to Airtel.

vikas aggarwal Sep 14, 2007

For the last 20 days, i have complained so many times in the customer care and in the walk-in hutch shops about the charges deducted for every call from my account. as promised by hutch, in my plan that the hutch to hutch call would be of 25 paise, but they are keep on deducting Rs1.99 . It is very pathetic from the company like hutch to give such support to customers and also the signal strength of hutch is really bad. presently i am in sector 71 mohali, hardly 400 mtrs from hutch corporate office and their signal strength is very very bad. i had very good impression of vodafone in UK but in punjab, i think it is hell. i even gone to your corporate office to meet the manager today and after 45 minutes of standing in sun, i finally got the visiting card from security to meet to "SHIMPY WALIA" after they talked to him/her on phone, but i had waited for approx 20 minutes again to talk to him/her but she did not pick up the phone and i had to come back without meeting him/her. It is really a very bad support by hutch. If this feedback really concerns you, then take immediate steps to resolve my mobile issue and also revert back the extra charges deducted by hutch. After that i sent them two feedbacks on their hutch site and also sent a mail but still there is no impact of it. I THINK HUTCH IS A TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY WITH SO MANY COMMITMENTS AND WORSE IS NOTHING IS MET. WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT AS EVER IMAGINE... NOW I WILL GO TO CONSUMER COURT AS THAT IS THE ONLY PLACE FOR SUCH PEOPLE.

• In
    Indu Ahluwalia Sep 13, 2007

I have been using the Hutch post paid since December 2003, last 4years plus.

a) The charges on my cell seem to be going up without me making any calls per se, and I never receive a complete detailed bill for the same. The one sent to me on the cell is not a detailed one and teh file seldom opens up. Apart from that, the details accessed on the net always show variances in the amount visa vie in the bill.

b) I have been charged for over one year now for caller tune that I have never used.

c) I have already given a hard copy of a request in April 2007, to convert my post paid to prepaid(signed acceptance is there as well), however, to date the transition hasn't happened and I have used the phone sparingly since. Much to my surprise, I still keep getting a monthly inflated bill and multiple calls and sms reminders. It has become a persistent pain for me every time. And my outgoing calls have been barred for the last month now.

It is sad that Hutch has no protocol at all. I use Airtel post paid sim and I have never ever faced such a problem, Hutch is a big nuisance and I cant change the no as it is an old no and has been given to a lot of my contacts. The organization should just wind up for not being able to handle customer services efficiently.

vinod Prakash Sep 11, 2007

I have taken a Hutch No. [protected]. I am not getting incoming calls on this number since I took this no on 14-06-2007.
    I converted this no to postpaid. still I am not getting incoming calls. I talked to Hutch people many times but they failed to give me solution. It has been 3 months I am facing the problem. Very poor service.

• Af
    afroz ahmed Sep 11, 2007

When i call from my number to speak with customer executive, its not getting connected, so i call from my friend's mobile and requested them to provide the connection of speaking to executive but no action taken.