Resolved House Of Brides — awful experience
I went to House of Brides for my wedding dress, not knowing any better. I found one that I loved and got measured for it. I am normally a size 10 in regular clothes. Now I know that typically, bridal gowns run small. But they told me when I was measured they told me that I was measuring for a size 18. I was blown away. I told them that I would not under any circumstances be ordering a size 18. I found out 20 minutes later that size 18 is where the 'plus sizes' start, so that would have made the dress cost $300 more. I ended up ordering a size 16 at their insistence. I waited 4 months for my dress to come in. When it did, I tried it on- IT IS GIGANTIC. Now I only have 3 months until my wedding and I am stuck with it. I don't even know if it can be altered properly because it is a corset style and it will be difficult to take in as much as it is needed. It is so big that it can be clipped in the back like they do in the stores when you are trying the dresses on- but this is my wedding dress. I am heartbroken and disgusted that House Of Brides cons women into buying bigger dresses so that the company can make more money in alterations. A friend of mine works as a model for bridal expos and has told me that House of Brides is notorious for taking the original label out of the dress and putting in their own. For example, if the sample dress came in as a size 8, they would take out that tag and put one in that says it is a size 12. So that when they tell suckers like me that they dress they are trying on is a 12, they can make you order a bigger size since you think the one you are trying on is small. They should be ashamed of themselves for doing this to people. As a bride, I have dreamed of my wedding day for a long time and what I would wear. I never thought it would turn out to be such a nightmare situation with my dress. Thanks a lot House of Brides- you are a disgrace.
More House Of Brides Complaints & Reviews
- House Of Brides - scam and cheating
- House Of Brides - terrible experience
- House Of Brides - what a scam!!! buyers beware!
- House Of Brides - horrible experience
- House Of Brides - service and bait & switch
- House Of Brides - no dress, no return calls, no answers. no customer service skills
- House Of Brides - dishonest business practices
- House Of Brides - never received dress
- House Of Brides - deceptive sales tactics-poor customer service
- House Of Brides - my daughter's bridal gown is not in