Home Instead Senior CarePoor managment

S

As an employee I found that communication is terrible. The worse company I have ever worked for. Clients even complained about poor managment and communication too. I was given wrong addresses, pulled off of one shift to another then called by an irrate staff memember wondering why I wasn't at the job. The final straw was when my replacement didn't show up for the next shift. They expected me to leave my 9yr old daughter stranded at the front door after school rather then letting 3 nurses watch her for 10mins at and asst. living facility. It was such short notice I didn't even have time to call a neighbor to get her!! I had no choice. Leave her with 3 nurses or leave my daughter crying on the front porch. I got "talked" to and pulled from a long term assignment as punishment...that was the final straw! Also I was ill trained. I walked in on some shifts and was expected to give bed baths and showers. One client they told I had lots of expereience...I had only been on the job for two weeks...Also asked to be place with non-smoking clients since Im a cancer survivor..you guessed it! Request got looked over again and again!YES AVOID THEM AT ALL COST!!

• Gl
    GladIDon'tWorkThereAnymore Sep 03, 2011

I also agree, same employer. A short one day training and then off to a few hours watching someone who has had the same client for years. No warning, sent off to client for 12 HOURS. Have to sign a paper upon employment that you are part time, yet they want you to work like a dog 24 hours (3 different clients in a row) and then whine when you have other obligations like a family to take care of. Always on call, 30 minute notice to run off and cover someone who called in at the last minute or THEY screw up and scheulde you on a day someone else is scheduled. Unorganized, don't return phone calls, shunt you from one client (who said they DIDN'T say they requested you not come back) to another at a moments notice. They DON'T set you up with people you are 'compatible' with like they said they would. They say you are not allowed to lift more than 25 lbs., yet when you inform the office the client is requesting unallowed things, they ignore it. You report a hazard to the home office and they also ignore it. Then they drop you as an employee and NEVER TELL YOU! They won't return calls, emails, or when they do answer the phone and you ask, they put you on hold and then hang up on you. They want you to be single, no home life, no other obligations whatsoever so they can call you to work 24 hours a day. I met a female caregiver who hadn't been home in DAYS because her schedule was 12 hours here, 12 hours there. Sleep overs? Not on your nelly. If the client needs assistance to get up several times in the night, you have to be awake to hear them call. Also some are bedridden and have no use of their hands so, again against the rules, you have to assist them with their meds. Any allergies? FORGET IT! Any and all complaints will get you canned without notice. They lie to you about clients, put smokers with non-smoking clients and vice versa. Don't get attached to your client because someone may get a buddy working there and you get yanked from your client and they put their friend in your place. No communication about what a client needs (toileting, bathing, assistance getting up, lifting which isn't allowed) or information about the household until you get there. GOD forbid you think you can have a flexible schedule. HA! You get who they give you. Sometimes they want you to drive so far you're working for gas money and nothing else. I had a client ask me to explain her bill and I was aghast at the MAJOR amount she was paying for us to come and help her with a few things like meal prep and laundry and a little companionship! These people are RAKING IN the bucks BIG TIME and paying diddly squat to the employees. A shyster company for sure.