Hilton Grand VacationsScam

L

My husband and I used to consider ourselves fairly responsible, intelligent people. I indicated "used to" because after the major scam also know as Hilton Grand Vacations (HGVC), I feel quite ignorant. The sales staff is very good and very pushy. The tactics are similar to but more effective than a car salesman.
After they convince you on paper how it makes sense to buy in to the HGVC, they quickly send in the manager to give you even better deals if you pay in cash/up front etc.
They also told us that the timeshares are so valuable that if we ever decided to sell, we would have no problem getting our money back as Hilton will buy them back since they are SO VALUABLE!!! What they don't tell you is that the depreciation is FAR WORSE than a new car. Our timeshare ownership that was purchased for over $15, 000 a couple of years ago is now worth $[protected] according to the HGVC sales/buy back staff.
So, in addition to ~ $700 per year for maintenance (which by the way would rent a lovely place for a week somewhere of equal or greater quality than our points for the year...you have to pay a fee to book the stay ~ $85 each time. I could go on and on but basically RUN FAST away from this scam and save yourself the shame. It is a well run scam by high pressured sales personnel that should have a hard time sleeping at night given their horrible unethical tactics.
NEVER sign, it is the same as throwing thousands of dollars out the window in addition to a lot of frustration!!!
I plan to file complaints with anyone and everyone I can find including the BBB and social media.
I want my money refunded by HGVC now but that is not an option

• Ac
    Acole747 Jan 15, 2016

I am interested in pursuing a lawsuit against HGVC. I bought 9 years ago. Yearly maintenance fees have almost doubled. Booking fees, reservation cleaning fees doubled. They stated when I purchased availability would be there and it is not. I have tried since August to book rooms during school breaks. Christmas 2014 I had to book a 2 bedroom plus for 3 people 10k points even though there were rooms available per the resort itself but we're not open for reservations. I insured my vacation through Vacation Guard. I gave been fighting with them for a year. I was paid $900 for a $5000 vacation. We came down with the flu and with the Ebola breakout were not allowed to fly. I have two years of points banked with RCI and 2 years with HGVC that I cannont use. Or if I use them two days at a time the fees are more than if I stayed at a local hotel. Complete scam.

• Ro
    rob detje Jun 03, 2015

better to sell your Hilton timeshare. IN 89109 mgm rockinrio blasted HGVC with 115db of noise that caused hearing loss. Now that is a class action, and a RICO Act suit against MGM besides.

Andy Kerr01 May 11, 2015

The trouble with a Class action is Hilton will have their lawyers drag it on for years and the attorneys will be the only one to make money.

• Le
    LeeFree Apr 29, 2015

I wonder if it is possible to file a class action suit against HGVC for false advertising and deceptive business practices???...likely not and just our loss but if anyone else is interested in pursuing this please respond