Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Home & Garden Hillarys Blinds Electric blinds have stopped working within a year of install.

Hillarys Blinds  -  Electric blinds have stopped working within a year of install.

M
Author of the complaint
7:09 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have had a full 3 bedroom room house installed with Hillarys blinds. We have both manual and electric blinds. The electric blinds have stopped working within a year and upon notifying the install engineer(Robert Skidmore) he simply disappeared. We have left numerous voicemails and emails but no response. Upon contacting the head office, suddenly we received a call from the engineer saying he is going to replace the blinds on 2nd Feb. On the day the engineer turned and said a part is missing which he needs to order so went back and said the new install date would be 23rd Feb. Upon checking with head office, the account manager Chantelle Tower rang and apologised and said she will chase the engineer and make sure this will be done by 23rd Feb. 23rd passed and no sign of engineer nor any communication from Hillarys. I feel Hillarys blinds are a big SCAM firm that takes the money from the customers and provides then some Chinese [censored]ty blinds and disappears. Again this morning I have rang the head office and the advisor on the line said he is going to sort this for us only to be disconnected from the line after 10 min. I have emailed more than a dozen times to both head offices at [protected]@hillarys.co.uk and rang them as well but no luck. Now the other blinds have also failed and I simply do not know what to do. Please someone help, Hillarys have robbed us of 2 grand and provided us rubbish.

Please see the email from the account manager below..

"Dear Mr Ahmed,

Thank you for your email. Your advisor is due to receive the goods on 22nd February. From here he will arrange a date to come out and complete the works.

Kind Regards,

Chantelle Towers

Account Manager

Cheshire"

I am also including the email communication trail from both the engineer and head office.

Many thanks