Hawaiian TelcomScam and fraud

On June 13, 2008, Hawaiiantel.net 'upgraded' their email system. When the upgrade came on line, my inbox was 75% spam, with lots of duplicate messages. I had never had this volume of spam before the upgrade. The deluge has never stopped. The FAQs on the website had no information about setting filters or blocks. The first time I called technical support, I was told to mark the messages as spam. That did not reduce the volume of spam. The second time I called, I was told I also needed to block the sender. This didn't help either. The third time I called, I was told that I shouldn't want my ISP blocking my email. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I would be called back. Of course, there was no return phone call. I am an IT/IS professional, and that didn't help me deal with tech support at all. I had to create new filters and blocks in my account by using my email browser because their webmail didn't provide the data I needed to create working blocks and filters. Their technical support is very poor and the attitude seems to be one of wanting the spam flood to continue. They don't seem to see why it is a problem, even though the spam includes a lot of fishing attempts.