HallmarkNew premier christmas movies being premiered as the 7 days of thanksgiving

D Nov 27, 2020

We have been Hallmark movie fans for many years. We have watched all your new 2020 Christmas movies that have been aired thus far. We just watched The Christmas House on Thanksgiving evening, and we are very disappointed, offended, and very disgusted that your new movies are now including more and more homosexual content. We will never watch The Christmas House movie again. It was disgusting!!! We have stopped watching so many movie channels due their content and we always felt that The Hallmark Channel was one of the few channels left on TV that was a good family channel with good morally acceptable content. Apparently, the pollution of Hollywood and the politically correct unrighteousness has infiltrated and corrupted The Hallmark Movies too. What a shame. I hope we can depend upon Hallmark to stop this "crap" so that we don't have to stop watching your movies too. We pay an additional fee on our Dish bill each month to have all 3 of the Hallmark channels and we watch your movies over and over again because they have been good movies with good content, but we will not hesitate to drop them if this is going to become your norm too. We rate The Christmas House 1 star out of 5 stars. Also, if we have to stop watching your movies, we will also stop buying Hallmark cards, and gifts from the Hallmark stores. Hallmark cards have always been our preferred card choice but we can change that too. We refuse to support any company that pimps for those who do not support biblical principles and values.

• Nc
    ncrbrts Dec 05, 2020

Did it ever occur to you that "homosexuals", as you refer to them, might be as offended by the sheer amount of "straights" on TV? I mean, they're everywhere you look!! And this would be offensive to not only people who identify as homosexual, but what about asexual people? Surely asexuals can't offend you - they're not so interested in having sex with anyone! (Of course I am aware of the spectral nature of asexuality, but I have reduced it somewhat to make my point).

Homosexuality is not an abnormality - and in 2020, this is something that should not have to be said... to anyone. That you have felt aggrieved enough to write and complain about it is a sad indictment of contemporary USA (how relieved am I that I don't live there). Don't like it? TVs can be switched off. However, the world cannot be switched off so easily and if you expect to live in it successfully, you have to accept that homosexuality is not an abnormality or an immorality. And, as I suspect you are rushing for the Bible right now, even this is not so clear on the matter.

Hallmark is not the guardian for the 19th century value base so lauded by blue collar and white collar conservatives. It shows movies and TV shows created by people - movies and TV shows that reflect something of the world-as-it-is (or world-as-it-was). They are justified in representing characters from every walk of life in fictional universes, but the characters are open gateways for us to reflect on ourselves and our own lives. If you are so offended by homosexuality, perhaps it is time for you to reflect on why that is - don't waste your valuable time complaining about it to a TV channel.

Marcum Sally Dec 05, 2020

I feel your disgust. My family is grown but to be blind sided by the homosexual while watching a family friendly movie [supposed to be], is disgusting. I am commenting because so many feel it, but will do nothing about it. I don't have young family, and I do not like Hallmark movies so do not watch them. I watch the old series like Little House On The Prairie, The Walton's, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. But while watching those old TV series, there are ads for the movies and images of homosexual's in the preview. You cannot even just turn off the homosexual movies, the ads contain it no matter what you are watching. The only way is to cancel the cable content. I do not understand why so many keep it, put up with it, and eventually embrace what they put on cable. It is subtle acceptance of homosexuals as normal and main stream. Buy movies, or change your cable to selecting Internet movies, even if they are old ones.