Hallmarkemployment

M

I am a former employee. Got hired during Christmas season. I told the hiring staff that I suffer from agoraphobia, for which I am taking medications to help, but it is still there. They understood, and also said some weeks u get very little time. That they don't want to interfere with our other main jobs. There was another girl who worked when I didn't, she was with the Company since it went into Walmart.
I was hesitant at first to take the job, because of the other employee. BAD NEWS. But I figured I wouldn't be working with her much. She couldn't handle two jobs, that's why they needed extra help. When I came aboard at Christmas time, everything was good. Got to work nights because the store was to packed during the day, which was good for me. After Christmas my territory supervisor got stats and said Walmart was putting in triple the hours we should. So most weeks we were getting 13 hrs. Meaning we both only worked 6.5 hrs a week. They were very strict with this. The other girl would work her Monday's, putting in 8-9 hrs. So I was only able to put in two hrs on my two days, leaving no hours open for Saturday's.

I got fired because I told the girl our hours are done for the week. So she said ok, and left town for the weekend. It was left up to ME to call terr super about this. She told me she would grant me hours on Friday, no Saturday hours.
Reason 1 I was fired--I worked on Friday, which wasn't my day to work!, even though I got the OK
REASON 2-I left work early the Monday during Easter tear down and Mother's Day installation. I worked 7 hours, AFTER PUTTING IN a12HOUR SHIFT at my other job. Then I had to be back at work that night for another 12 hours. I didn't sleep for 38 hours and worked 36 hours straight, on my feet doing manual labor. I WORKED 7HOURS DURING THE TEAR DOWN AND GOT ALMOST ALL MOTHERS DAY ITEMS UP. We didn't have everything we needed delivered yet.

Reason 3-I didn't work on that last Saturday of my employment. While yes I didn't? We were supposed to have a split shift. The girl worked AM and I worked 2-5

Reason4- I went into Walmart that Sunday. To buy dog food. I noticed that there was jelly broken all over the Mother's Day gifts, so I cleaned it up. I was told I wasn't allowed to do that and to stay away on Sunday's. But our crown connect, told us we could work that Sunday. When I was there the other girl came in to work.

This other girl drinks on the job, takes a ton of pills, morphine, Vicodin, but most of all Ritalin. The Ritalin makes her fly all over the store. That's who they kept. She lost her other job and wanted all Hallmark hours to herself. I knew I should of never trusted her. So you have an alcoholic and drug addict running your Walmart store.

That store was very unsafe for me. I actually fell asleep behind the wheel of my car after working those 36 hours, on my feet the whole time, no break and no food. I'm lucky I pulled off the road to catch my breath. Next thing I know was that I was asleep on the side of the road for 1/2 hr and the police and ambulance were there. The police accompanied me home to make sure I got there safe.
The territory manager does not communicate with Sandy Long, the district supervisor, who is an ignorant, totally uncaring person regarding the safety of her employees.

So I say so long Hallmark, a lot of people I know will never be buying your products ever again.

Oh, the girl that works there now, hides her crown connect in the flippers and takes off from the store. She actually went home to go swimming when she was still clocking in her hours.