Hallmark Channelmusic too loud!

D Review updated:

I just went to hallmark channel website to complain about the loud music and it looks like they are now aware of this. I hit the feedback button on the bottom of the screen and was taken to this page with the following message:

Q. Why is the background music so loud in your movies?

A. A group of tv movies made for crown media in the mid to late 2000s have a large musical component. The producer believed that the addition of music, even when dialog is present, enhanced the presentation. Some viewers have expressed a desire to lower or remove the music in these tv movies. The movies have been delivered, accepted and will continue to be played from time to time on crown media family network channels. Crown listened to its viewers and requested that movies produced contain greater dynamic range of music to dialog. We believe that you will find the audio mix more favorable going forward.

• Ha
    Harry Jul 18, 2009

After dealing with professional business people in many different needs. I would like to tell that this group do not stand behind there work and they will have you pay for there mistakes. Although they have a nice web-site and take nice pictures. If you do not see a mistake in there work until later, they may give you a hard time in fixing something they should have caught. The video they show is great, but your video will not be as good as the one they show to you. The albums in there show room are great, but you will not get any of that in the packages they offer with out paying a lot more money than you expected. They business educate is a lot of smoke and mirrors. I know within a few year they will be out of business and the only thing keeping them in business is because they are located behind Lucien’s Manor and sponging off of there clients.

• Pi
    pinkdout Aug 02, 2010

I am deaf and depend on the close-captioning for my movie enjoyment. I have been using the close-captioned device since it was invented. When I see there is a movie I would like to see on the Hallmark channel, this feeling of dread just comes over me because either the captioning is not working or what the words are being said is not simultaneous to what is being shown. In other words, the captioning is ahead of what's actually happening. I love watching the Hallmark movies and it's always a sure thing that something is not going to go right. Can someone please look into correcting this annoying problem? Otherwise, I will not add the Hallmark channel in our renewal of the satellite contract in the future.

• Su
    SUNSHINESPALS Aug 02, 2010

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT ALL TV STATIONS NEED TO HAVE CLOSE CAPTION CAUSE I TO HAVE TO HAVE IT OR I HAVE READ LIPS WHICH SOMETIMES IS VERY HARD TO DO.

• Su
    SUNSHINESPALS Aug 03, 2010

WELL AS FAR AS IM CONCERN THEY SHOULD

• Ha
    hallmark Sep 21, 2010

I have a complaint about the Hallmark movies...They have excellent movies, however, the music is so loud you cant hear the people talking to understand what is going on...I can't believe the Editors didn't or doesn't do something about all this loud music that is constantly playing while the cast are talking in movie..We are almost to the point not to watch the Hallmark Movies because of all the extremely loud music playing all the way through movie, when the music should be soft in background so you can hear the actors in the movie...Is anyone doing something about this? Very dis-appointed because of excellent movies being ruined with all this loud music...my email is [protected]@centurytel.net and would like to know if anyone else is complaing of this ...If so, let me know...We are just about to stop watching this channel with all the LOUD music all throughout the entire movie and can't understand what the people are saying because of this...thanks...

• Pe
    Pendk Sep 07, 2020

@hallmark To the point of not watching the hallmark channel, the music is too loud, by the time I try to focus on movie, I end up with a bad headache! I’m very disappointed, one of my favorite channels till this happened, I’m in agreement with you, ! Please correct the problem!

• Tr
    Tracy Hall Sep 07, 2020

@Pendk Yes I agree with you the actors cannot be heard over the loud music. It is not just the old movies it is all movies including the 2020 releases! Please remove the loud music.

• Ca
    Cathy Rose Bulthuis Sep 09, 2020

@Tracy Hall Totally agree, you can’t hear the actors over the loud continual music, it’s very distracting and makes it nearly impossible to enjoy the movies... please, someone fix this issue so families can start enjoying Hallmark movies again

• Js
    jsullivan1 Nov 10, 2010

Please get rid of Martha Stewart and bring back Touched by An Angel...

• Ar
    Ardie Steinbron Nov 13, 2010

I'm deaf and Hallmark Channel now showing Christmas Movies you can't buy in DVD Closed Captioned now there Movies isn't in Captioned seems like they want to not include the Deaf in there Watching the movies .. something needs to be done...

• Lb
    L. Boyce Nov 19, 2010

I enjoy Hallmark channel; however the closed captioning is awful. It is gobulty goup lettering and the words the actors are saying mixed in. It is VERY hard to read! Is there a problem with the programing or can you fix this? It has been going on a long time. Thank you.

• Ne
    nereida enri Nov 29, 2010

Hallmark has six different downloads on Sprint Tools for 11 months. They total to nearly 85.00/month since January - totalling nearly 1000.00 dollars. I have the credit still pending owing Sprint phone for these charges of services I am not getting or using. I live on a very restricted budget due to illness and Sprint has been unable to help me with these issues. Today I told them I just had enough and will be discontinuing my phone service, and breaking my contract with my cell phone provider. Sprint gave me this site as a final recourse. They do not want me to break my contract, so if Hallmark does not credit Sprint back I will have to terminate my cellphone services.

• Ne
    nereida enri Dec 07, 2010

Hallmark has not responded to complaints on continued charges to my cell phone bill, nor called me. I received another bill today totally 12 months of download charges totalling approx 80.00/month times 12 months, nearly $900.00 for this year. Please if anyone can advice me how to get directly in touch with them please let me know.

• Cp
    cpress Jan 15, 2012

(Copied from above. I feel exactly the same way. Please deal with this annoying problem)" I have a complaint about the Hallmark movies...They have excellent movies, however, the music is so loud you cant hear the people talking to understand what is going on...I can't believe the Editors didn't or doesn't do something about all this loud music that is constantly playing while the cast are talking in movie..We are almost to the point not to watch the Hallmark Movies because of all the extremely loud music playing all the way through movie, when the music should be soft in background so you can hear the actors in the movie...Is anyone doing something about this? Very dis-appointed because of excellent movies being ruined with all this loud music"..my email is [protected]@yahoo.com "and would like to know if anyone else is complaining of this ...If so, let me know...We are just about to stop watching this channel with all the LOUD music all throughout the entire movie and can't understand what the people are saying because of this...thanks..."

• Gr
    grandmav96 Mar 03, 2012

Please get rid of the loud music, it is so loud you can't hear the people talking in the movie. This is terrible, it is getting so I won't even watch the movies anymore. I used to love to watch Hallmark, they have the best movies but the music is destroying the movie.

Andrew Grabarz Oct 23, 2012

Why did you take the waltons off i love that program and look forward to watching it. If anything please take frasier off its played way to much. I was so disapointed when my cable company droped the hallmark chanel i change my cable company just to watch the waltons and little house on the praie . Please bring back the waltons.

• Pw
    P. Wiest Nov 19, 2012

Please take off all the Christmas movies and bring back Frasier, Waltons, Golden Girls!
    Those movies are all the same and boring! I love Frasier, Waltons, Golden Girls or I will not watch your channel.

I called Time Warner they said they have nothing to do with the programing, period! is this true? How bout the ratings, I watched Hallmark for at least 7 hours a day! Does this not indicate these shows are loved and watchable?
    Thanks.

• Li
    LinMas Dec 10, 2012

Love the Hallmark Channel especially during the Holidays but the music is loud and it plays so loud even when the actors are speaking. We have difficulty understanding them. Please turn the music down. It will make the movie so much more enjoyable. We tend to turn the movie off and find something else to watch because of the music.

• Co
    Concerned 1234 Dec 12, 2012

I have a complaint about a show that is on this evening called "The Christmas Card" which stars actor ED ASNER! I wish to lodge a complaint that I will not watch anything that he is in. Your station and programing normally show compassion and Christianity. Based on a very viral and nasty cartoon he made recently, where he deamonized the rich in this country, meaning hard working people who have saved all their lives, and watching him calling them rich folks to small children and explaining to these children that the rich got richer by "PEEING" on the poor!!! I was horrified...I hope you remove him from any futher Christmas shows!!! Otherwise, I will have to adjust my program selections in the future!!

Salanie Dec 13, 2012

I thought it was just me. The "background" (LOL) music is so friggin' loud I can barely hear the dialog. I have stopped watching most of the Hallmark channel movies because of this, and now watch Lifetime. It's ridiculous.

• Ri
    Richard 999 Dec 17, 2012

It is more like you are a music channel with pictures. The music is so loud that we have to back up the recording and play it again while watching lips. Lets get the product back on track. It's supposed to be a story with background music (with few exceptions).
    We thought that we were the only ones that felt this way. Our 11 year old grandson turned to us one evening and asked, "Why is the music so darned LOUD?"
    Otherwise, we enjoy the great stories including the McBride and Jane Doe movie series.

• Ot
    ottobear Jan 20, 2013

Please stop with the loud music. I completely drowns out the dialogue. Why must it run every second of the movie?? It is so annoying and you are losing viewers.

• Mo
    moviegirl Feb 10, 2013

I have stopped watch Hallmark movies because the music is so loud you can't here what the people are saying. Why doesn't Hallmark get the message or maybe they don't care.

• Ca
    camoneil May 25, 2013

I am new to closed caption, and Boy am i confused ! Either someone does not know the English language or they are
    completely inept!!!
    I can understand the cursing is not printed, however i am not a mind reader when it comes to what in the world the typist is trying to spell .GOOD GRIEF, get someone that can understand the language . Hell i will apply.

notmusictomyears Aug 13, 2013

I just googled Hallmark Music too loud because once again I'm watching a movie that has constant annoying music and actors who must be whispering. How do they not notice this when they're in the sound booths editing, etc?? So annoying!

• Sh
    Shelia B Aug 17, 2013

For an estimated 2 or 3 months, the closed captioning on Hallmark channel has been displaying H":e'9w on every comment and every program. If it is only one line of text, it replaces the whole comment. If it is more than one line, it will replace the last line of text. I use closed captioning all of the time as I keep the column off or down low at night and very early mornings to avoid disturbing others in the household. I would have thought that it would have been corrected by now. But it is evident that you are either unaware or unconcerned.

JA.C Nov 02, 2013

PLEASE stop showing the same, old, boring Hallmark movies! Every Christmas, my family and I give the Hallmark Channel one more seasonal try, and, once again- BORING!!
    Please get better writers, and what about playing the old Hallmark Hall of Fame productions? Also, there are so many 60's and 70's Holiday programs, and movies Wuxi are never shown anymore.
    Last year, The Hallmark Channel played about 8 terrible Christmas movies, made by Hallmark, and played them over and over 24/7, from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas! Whenever I would check my cable nightly guide (hope springs eternal), there would be the same boring movie that was just aired several hours earlier!
    I have to wonder why Hallmark bothers to have a television channel, since it is obvious that no one at Hallmark has actually ever watched it long enough to realize how bad it really is.
    Perhaps the executives at the Hallmark Channel should do just that- they might be thoroughly embarrassed enough by what they see, to finally work to improve the Channel, and maybe the (dwindling) audience could then get the feeling that The Hallmark Channel actually respects their viewer's intelligence, as well!

• Je
    JeffreyAmes Nov 04, 2013

I am shocked that the Hallmark channel has decided to remove theGolden Girls, Fraiser, I Love Lucy, Cheers, Marie just to play horrible Christmas movies 24/7. Isn't this why you have a movie channel?

Instead they keep two of the worst show I've ever witnessed... The better show and home improvement. This channel is going to lose ratings. I for one will watch other networks to watch the shows you removed. Big mistake Halkmark!

• Ra
    Rascal's Mommy Nov 23, 2013

I wish that the regular programs would return. I love Christmas, but too much is what we have here. This makes me hate the channel.

• Ed
    EdPal Dec 06, 2013

Hallmark, who is your employer? It can't be these people complaining about the service you provide them. Based upon the movies you continue to air, all our complaints fall on deaf ears. Evidently you have been listening to your own programming--your deaf! Stop the background music as it subtracts from the movie. Music like gestures should compliment the dialog, not drown it. Maybe complaining to your sponsors will aid those wanting the Hallmark movie quality to return once again! I realize I'm only one person, but if only folks that feel as I do could ban together, you just might be persuaded to change you attitude about who you actually work for! Now, do I expect you to read this, nah! I don't believe you listen to your audience's voice--but, I've chimed in to back up some of these folks.

• Ms
    Ms. Crockett Dec 06, 2013

I believe Hallmark Channel should provide captions so they can enjoy watching the movies. Without them. how you expect the deaf and the hard of hearing to understand what the story is about. Close Captions is a purpose to use for hearing impaired to watch and see what the actors are saying. Without the close captions, hearing impaired is lost of sound, the voice to be heard by reading the close caption. Hallmark, do you read me?

• Ar
    arkgymgurl Dec 07, 2013

Hi, I live love love this channel. I record many many Christmas movies near Christmas. My hubby and I love watching them together, but I have to agree with the other posters. The background music is soooo loud and annoying! Many times I ask my hubby, what did she just say?the music's so darn loud so much, that it totally drowns out their voices. Many times the music just keeps playing and playing, when it's not even needed. It's just drastic overkill. It makes the movies seem kinda poor quality. Im watching one now and had my tablet lying beside me, and I thought to myself, I m going to Google, why is the music so loud on hallmark? And so it seems a lot of other people wonder that too. The sound person is ummmm..not, obviously, a perfectionist, because you'd think these movies would all be checked, and double checked before releasing them. Please do something about it. We are in our early 40s, fyi.

JanyO Dec 16, 2013

I too agree that the music is too LOUD. THE MUSIC SEEMS TO BE IN COMPETITION WITH THE MOVIE. It should enhance certain parts not continually be a part of the movie. I do not watch a movie to hear the music!

JanyO Dec 16, 2013

I am not deaf nor do I have a hearing problem however I do find the LOUD music on every movie very annoying. The music has become a major factor in each movie instead of enhancing certain parts. I do not watch movies to hear music! If I wanted to listen to music, I would listen to the radio, CD'S, ETC. PLEASE STOP WITH THE LOUD MUSIC'

• Bg
    Bgrannaboo Jan 18, 2014

The recent Cedar Cove series is a prime example of the loud background music. I couldn't hear half of what was being said. PLEASE change this before the new season starts.

• Please someone in charge get rid of the loud background music on the movies. I don't understand how the department that is in charge thinks this is ok. Why are these complaints not being addressed?

• Mk
    mko7787 Aug 24, 2014

The loud background music is TERRIBLE and I am not able to understand a lot of what is being said. Have been looking forward to many of their movies, but am always feeling some sort of a dread because of their sound system and their loud music. Why ruin perfectly good movies this way??

• Do
    Donald Carsons Aug 30, 2014

I would like to know if there is anything you can do to correct this problem of not being able to understand what the actors are saying on the hall mart movies and the lifetime movies. I have a sound bar that you can adjust the voice with the words. Please respond
    e-mail address donaldcarson8718 @comcast .net

• Ri
    rinkelstrin Oct 05, 2014

The continual music that plays in the background of the Hallmark films detracts from otherwise great movies. Where are the quiet moments with people just talking that we find in other films? Sometimes the music becomes so annoying that I have to stop watching.

madealoha Oct 10, 2014

Why must all hallmark movies have that annoying background music playing all through the dialog? I mean really, all movie long?

• Gr
    GraceCSam Oct 18, 2014

The MUSIC is VERY distracting!!! Please stop the background playing as it really DISTRACTS from the movies!!!

• Le
    Less Music Noise Oct 20, 2014

How do we get the people behind putting the annoying music on while dialogue is going on during a movie. This is not the silent era where we had background music. Music is not necessary during today's movies especially when people are talking. This is so annoying and its so difficult to understand what the actors are saying. I wish Hallmark and other movie makers stop this practice. It really is not necessary. Please, Please stop this playing of music during conversation. To top it off they sometimes play the music louder than the peoples" conversation.

Andrea Kroes Oct 26, 2014

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE STOP PLAYING ALL THESE CHRISTMAS MOVIES EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DO THIS YEAR AFTER YEAR, AND STARTING OCTOBER 31ST, NO LESS!! Please, I beg you, bring back Golden Girls and Frasier!! Otherwise, I'll be forced to stop watching you channel. Not to mention, those Christmas movies are all SO VERY BORING, especially when played FOR 2 ENTIRE MONTHS, DAY AND NIGHT!!! GIVE ME A BREAK ALREADY! !!