GoFreeCredit.comScam

@ georgenueva
When you sign up at gofreecredit.com they do not send an email or send you to a page with info about your account. The website loops. The company that owns gofreecredit.com is credit score complete, in which they have a seperate website. I contacted credit score complete and at first they try to say they didnt own gofreecredit.com. When i read that on the very first page gofreecredit.com states that they are credit score complete. He then stated will its a third party that sales are services. Then i asked am i going to be charged anymore. He stated that not by them i wouldnt, but gofrrecredit.com i might. I then told thats funny because i recived your phone number from my bank. Your phone number is associated with the charges on my account and it is you charging me, not gofreecredit.com. And that time he said, no you will not be charged anymore and you will be refunded. What is the most disturbing about this is that when i called they couldnt even find my account or credit card info. , even though they had charged my account twice!! Their phone number is [protected]

Jacob Nov 26, 2008

I disagree - I used the service and received my free credit report and saw my credit score. The free credit monitoring service even sent me an alert when someone else tried to open a credit card in my name.

• Jj
    JJ Brand Jan 27, 2009

I actually sent them a thank you for making it easy to see my report and figure out why my credit score we so bad. I was a victim of Identity Theft and didnt even know it. Hate to hear your having problems, but GoFreeCredit took really good care of me and my husband.

• Mi
    michelle Feb 11, 2009

hey i was wondering if u knew how to cancel a subscription to gofreecredit. please let me know if you do

• He
    Helen Feb 24, 2009

hey i was wondering if anyone knows how to cancel a subscription to gofreecredit. I can't login, no login page. please let me know. Thank you

• Pa
    pam Apr 07, 2009

yhey have done nothing for me i can.t even cancel this stuff and they hit my account every month for 29.95 i want them to stop bur i cant even get them on the computer ot the phone anyone has the phone number please help me

• Sg
    SG4374 Apr 29, 2009

I TO WAS HAVING AN AWFUL TIME TRYING TO CANCEL BEFORE HAVING TO PAY THE MONTHLY FEE. I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER SITE WITH A TELEPHONE NUMBER. THEY ANSWER THE PHONE AS GO FREE CREDIT. THE NUMBER IS [protected]. IT IS CALLED MIGHTYNET.INC. I WAS TOLD THAT I NEEDED TO CALL BACK IN 1 HOUR AS THEIR COMPUTERS WERE DOWN. GOOD LUCK.

• Fr
    Frank May 27, 2009

I signed up for them last year and used their service many times. Now I lost my job and can't afford the $9.95 per month so I canceled. It was easy, but I did have to call and tell them. Too many people complain because they are lazy.

• As
    asdasd Aug 03, 2009

Why would you even sign up with an obvious scammer like this? To cancel, call your bank and cancel your card.

• Ge
    GeorgeNueva Aug 15, 2010

Why would you cancel your card? And how can you single out one company that provides credit scores as a scammer? By your logic, the big three bureaus, Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion are scammers too.

• Es
    Esther C Aguilar Sep 01, 2010

PLEASE CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION #[protected]. I cannot afford this at this time. I was just laid off!

• So
    solyaes Sep 01, 2010

Their phone number is [protected]

• Ro
    rockinrobi Nov 07, 2010

Check this website out http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Gofreecreditcom-100063367 It has all the gofreecredit.com info on there. It's the Better Business Bureau website review.

• Offer Details:
    Simply click "Submit & Continue" on the next page to activate your trial membership in Credit Score Complete and claim your 3 Free Scores! To activate your trial membership to Credit Score Complete you will be charged/debited a $1.00 refundable processing fee and then you can immediately take advantage of the exciting savings Credit Score Complete has to offer! After your 7-day FREE trial period it's just $29.95 per month for Credit Score Complete. Remember, you can call Credit Score Complete toll-free at [protected] within the first 7 days to cancel, and you will not be charged/debited. Remember to request your $1.00 processing fee refund. To ensure continuous service, at the end of your trial period, your membership will be automatically charged/debited each month at the then-current membership fee on or about that same date to the credit card you provide today or from the checking account associated with the debit card you provide today. If for any reason you are dissatisfied, call our toll-free number to cancel, and you'll no longer be charged/debited.

By clicking "Submit & Continue" on the next page, you also agree to activate your separate membership to "Your Savings Club" at the special low price of just $2.00 per month. To ensure continuous service, your membership will be automatically charged/debited each month at the then-current membership fee to the credit card you provide today or from the checking account associated with the debit card you provide today. If for any reason you are dissatisfied, call "Your Savings Club" toll-free at [protected] to cancel, and you'll no longer be charged/debited

• Ru
    Russb777 Dec 12, 2010

I canceled my membership the first day due to the fact that the website was very evasive when I tried to find even a hint of information about my billing amount or due date. I called [protected] and expressed my concern that as far as I could tell they have access to my debit card and could slam my bank account for any amount they choose. The lady on the phone (Shawna) says to me, "so you want to cancel?" I then replied "not really, I just want some verification of their service' you know things like what is the monthly charge, when is the billing date just the normal stuff you ask when you trust someone with your card. I tried to explain how evasive the site was but all she would say is "so you want to cancel?" Finally I say Yes I do. She said the monthly fee will not come out, the account is canceled and confirmation #153411 (which I had to ask for). Now I have a 15.95 from gofreecredit.com at my bank. Buyer beware, I covered all the bases but they still took the charge. Hopefully Visa will disable their charge privileges since they are not a responsible vendor.

• St
    StephanieRenee Dec 27, 2010

I signed up for the 7-day trial of credit score complete/ gofreecredit.com and knew the terms and conditions upon signing up. I tried to cancel on the 6th day of my trial, because I tried on several occasions, but was never able to sign into their site due to an "invalid e-mail address" (which, they've used to e-mail me at 2 times BEFORE i ever emailed them, so obviously they had it in their records.) After trying, and not being able to cancel the service online, I sent an e-mail to their support team, only to be told to log in and cancel or call an 800#. I called the number at around 3pm and got an automated recording saying that they were closed and to call back during business hours. I called back the next day (which was the 7th day of my trial) and cancelled, with no problem. they sent me a confirmation e-mail and said I would not be billed. 3 days later, I received 2 charges to my bank account (one for 29.95 and another for $1.00) When I called to be refunded, the man on the phone told me that I didn't cancel until after my trial period had ended and therefor, I wasn't entitled to a refund. When I explained the situation to him, and let him know that I had indeed canceled within the trial period, and even received a confrmation e-mail, he said "oh, well if that's the case, let me check the terms of service..." sat there quiety for a second, and then told me it really deosn't matter when I cancelled because, I was not entitled to a refund either way. All fees biilled are non-refundable. How can I be charged and NOT refunded when I followed their own terms of service and canceled when I was supposed to? This is completely ridiculous. I know its "only" $30.95, but the point is, It's MY $30.95. How many other people have they scammed with these underhanded business tactics? and how many more, until they are shut down? Hopefully, not many more.

• Ri
    ripcharliep Feb 12, 2014

I recently responded to a listing on Craigslist for an apartment in Burlington, VT and received an email back from an "August Bowman". Her email was far too lengthy, contained some grammatical errors, contained no address or pictures of the apartment, did not include my name, and had a strange header/footer with a lot of commas and underscores. Ultimately, the email stated that I needed to run my credit (http://clsreport.org/0BHJzLkxB2/) before I could proceed with the application process for the apartment. When the link turned out to be a link to "gofreecredit.com" and not "clsreport.org", my suspicions about the odd email began to feel much less paranoid.

Beware emails like this:

.=_-=___..-., _===.=, , .=-_=-

=-.=-=, _, _, , , , =, =-_=, , .=.__==___-., _=-,

=_..-, ==-_=, ...__-.-

=., =, _., , _.-==__=.-__-=, =__, =.-, =., , -

Hello,

First and foremost, thank you for your interest in the home. I am available to
    show the house this week if that fits your schedule.

Just to give you a little more information about the home, the water, trash

and garbage are paid by us. The security deposit can be paid in 2 installments
    if money is tight. (I know how that can be).

The house has a fenced in backyard and we do allow pets. The deposit per pet is
    a one time payment.

The house includes a washer and dryer, and we pay for lawn care so the renter
    does not have to cut the grass.

There is NO application fee (our company policy and guarantee).

I will be happy to show the house at an agreed upon time and date but I do
    require that all applicants and additional renters who will be living in the
    home complete a free credit report to ensure their eligibility.

I have so many people apply for homes that I have to make sure they are
    qualified renters before I show the property.

This ensures neither of us will be wasting our time.

It is okay if you have bad credit (trust me). We just check to make sure that
    you don't have several evictions on your record. (We won't rent if you have 3
    or more evictions on your record)

I also had to recently stop giving out the exact address of rental properties
    before I am able to show them because last time I did that the house was
    vandalized (I will be glad to send you the address right after your reply) I
    assure you though that this is a very safe neighborhood. I actually lived in
    this home for 2 years (very cozy).

As soon as you can, please click the link below and go to the secure website to
    complete the free credit report (takes about 30 seconds)

Once you complete, I'll call you once I receive the information from the credit
    company (very quickly usually).

(Copy and paste this link to your address bar if it is not clickable)

*** You don't have to send me your credit report.

Once you fill out the report the credit company automatically forwards me your
    name, email address and whether you have

had any outstanding evictions in the past 5 years to determine your renter
    eligibility. This is the only information I am

interested in. This is a soft credit report so it won't touch your FICO score
    (which is why we work with them).

This process turns some people off, so I completely understand if you decide
    not to complete them. In that case, good luck with your home search. I just
    want to be honest with you up front about our process, which does a good job of
    protecting us from ineligible renters and scammers. Also, the site above is one
    the safest and most secure website for credit reports in the world, which is
    good for peace of mind. I have worked with them personally for a couple years
    now.

If you are truly interested in proceeding, take a moment and fill out one of
    the reports. Let me know when this is done and we can then work out the time
    and date to go see the home. Email me back once you access your fresh report. I
    will be forwarded

the information. (Make sure to include a valid phone number. I usually call
    within 6 hours of submitting your report. Then I can forward you the address
    and we can set up a time to tour the home.)

If eligible you will also be sent an email with my office number so we can set
    up a time to go see the house and discuss any other questions or concerns you
    may have.

Thanks,

August

_.=_, _, , -.-..__.-, __-=., , =, _=, , =, , =, -.., _._, __=._

=-, , _., , , , _=_=.-----==_, _, =====-, __-_.-_

_==, ___-_=_..====-, _

..-.=__., _, , __._=_, _.=-=., =-=-.-.-.=_-._==., =-, , , , , , -_-, .=--, .__-=.-__.==, _-___.=., , --.-=.=.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Ps
    pseudo Feb 27, 2014

Yup definitely a scam,

I applied for a Groundskeeper job on Craigslist. Received an email from a Simon Grady saying my profile was perfect blahblahblah and that I needed to fill out an application form on their website before an interview could be scheduled.
    I was given this link: doipropmgnt.org/application/ and a "personal application code". Halfway through the application I was asked to sign up for a credit report before interview cold be scheduled. Alarm bels started ringing and here I am. gofreecredit seems to have an affiliate program which scammers are trying to take advantage of. I should have known, the hourly wage for the job was way above average.
    Don't give these people your credit card details!

• Ps
    pseudo Feb 27, 2014

Oh and my email also had the weird squiggly footer thing

==, =., .._., _.-=, -...=-, , =-_=-.=--
    =, =., =, ___.-_.-._==.=, .
    ..-., =---=_=.-...-==-_..__-=, , =, -=..,
    .., , =, =., , ., -, =._-=, __-_=_-, __.--=-.==_, -_-__, ==
    ..-..._-_, -, .==, , .-_=..=_-, __-__==, _.-...=

• Sr
    SRCH Sep 18, 2014

Oh wow. I applied for a job from a link from a legit job site. I was sent an email, supposedly from a staffing agency called "Reed and Porter" that I could barely find any info on? They asked me to continue with the app, and asked me to go to this site listed to verify eligibility to work in the U.S. With a credit report...what? no thanks.

• Ig
    ignitions Sep 18, 2014

@SRCH - Same exact thing happened to me just now with Reed & Porter. I applied for a mail room clerk position I found on a job site and was contacted by someone named Anne Porter, who sent me the link to the Reed & Porter site. I went through the entire first portion, submitted interview details, then it took me to that screen where it claimed it needed to verify my identity through a credit check report (which led me to gofreecredit). I think I have heard of this being done by creditors to determine identity theft, but not so much employers or staffing agencies. I don't know if this is a common practice that I'm just unaware of, or something of a scam. It's very frustrating, as I have been job hunting for a couple of months and actually thought I might have scored something this time. Oh well...back to the grind.

• Si
    signalhill Jan 14, 2016

Complaint Posted 1/14/2016

Larry M.

NOT a Free Credit Reporting provider

I just went through providing information for a refi, followed up with the solicitation for a FREE credit report, getting through the multi-pages of questions, the final page solicited my credit card for a NON-POSTED amount, and this final page did NOT list a telephone number or webpage to refer to, so I opted out of the final page. I googled the name and found a email address, as well as a number of "COMPLAINT COMMENTS", this page included, so that's a red-light to begin with, so I sent off my comments this morning. until they either REMOVE the "FREE" referral to their webpages, or actually provide a "FREE" report as solicited, DO NOT ENTERTAIN THIS WEB PAGE "GO FREE CREDIT.COM"...ITS A SCAM! This query does NOT allow for a ZERO star rating.so disregard the single one for these comments.

Edit Review

• Ka
    Karen wingate Mar 21, 2016

I paid for a credit report and did not get the report so basically y'all just took my money I do not want the free trial and please do not take Any money out my account

• Pe
    Petra Hattenius May 09, 2016

I completely agree with all the above complaints as I too have experienced these same things.
    In short, don't use this site and beware of anyone associated with it.

• Ca
    Carol Webb May 09, 2016

I was filling out an online application and was directed to "gofreecredit.com" for a credit report I did not need. My bank account was charged $1 and I was to be charged $29.95 monthlly if I did not cancel in seven days. I went online within the hour to cancel. There was absolutely no information provided by "gofreecredit" to cancel. I finally thought to contact Transunion directly and was able to cancel. I've posted the contact info:
    Beware - they will tell you over the phone that you can cancel online, but I wasn't able to and had the rep cancel and give me a confirmation #.

Contact Us

TransUnion Interactive is committed to making your experience as easy and trouble-free as possible.

Talk to a Customer Service Team member.*

Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to Midnight,
    Friday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time

* Closed on all United States observed holidays

Call toll-free [protected]

• Pa
    Paula Lako Jul 29, 2016

Called me today from number [protected] .the guy wouldnt state his name or business calling from. I asked if i used Gofreecredit.com on a trial basis & he wouldnt answer. Went online to unsubscribe & couldnt find anywhere to. I know how i got there 2 use it, was directed via a loan app. Now wat do i do 2 avoid x-tra charges ?? The number listed on website, no one answers

• Ba
    Barbara Tippett Oct 22, 2016

I applied for a job on line as a cashier and was told that I had to sign up to get the Fee Tranunion credit score. I have already contacted my Bank of

America to deny any of these charges. You people are scamming us poor people out trying to find jobs. This is what is wrong with AMERICA now.
    Please do not contact me about the $1.00 charge either, because I never used the Credit Report. You People should be ashamed of yourselves, I am a 78 year old individual trying to live on Social Security with the help of a part time job and you are scamming me and others like me.
    Barbara Tippett

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices