GHD Hair StraightenersNot received, order cannot be traced

Ordered from this site on Jan3rd, money taken from my account on Jan 7th but had mysteriously changed into chinese currency and taken by a company called womentribe.com. Emailed loads but keep getting fobbed off with excuses of not having received my order. Told them I was going to report it and had an email stating that their website has been refreshed and all details had been lost. How convenient for them. Hoping to get money back via my bank and Visa. Will buy from my local hair salon if I get my money back.

• Na
    Nannafish Feb 05, 2010

I have received a refund to-day from womentribe.com. I understand from my bank that they contacted this company and asked for my card to be refunded. I am pleased to get my money back but still annoyed that they will still carry on trading and ripping people off. My advice is to stay clear of this Company as it certainly is dodgy.

• Ka
    Kavvy Feb 03, 2010

I bought a GHD online as well though a UK GHD site as well, it sound's exactly what happened to me . I had $98 taken out of my account by womentribe.com...I then was locked out of the website same as you... but i didn't even contact them thinking i had been scammed and copped it. I just the other day noticed the same company womentribe.com had put $94 back onto my credit card.. so they ended up taking a few dollars but i never heard from them via email or anything as to what happened. Very strange cause i never thought i would see that money again... maybe give it a little while you may get your money back as well...Good luck !!!

• Al
    AliceR1980 Jan 29, 2010

That is really bad news, must have been really disappointing for you. There are genuine websites, you can see a list on ghdhair.com, one of them is http://www.ghds.co.uk, they are a company based in Scotland and they are genuine GHD suppliers. Hope you manage to get your money back then you can get some more.