Resolved Geo Holiday / Star Point Resort Groupfraud

this geo holiday/star point group of people are 100% scammers. i tried calling them many times to find out whats going on, and no response. this was the biggest mistake i have ever made in my life. I have read about a class action law suit going against them, and I would like more info on that?
i have lost many nights of sleep over this mistake, but now i am finding out hundreds of people have been going through the same problems, so if we can all come together and fight all these companies and get our money back, which is what we deserve after all that we have been through
can someone please contact me in regards to that law suit and what can be done to get my money back?
thanks

• Whatever the problem your having your not patient. I am stationed in S. Korea and every time I have a question they answere it on the phone or send me an email within 24 to 48 hrsI have been a member for just over a year now, and my next vacation will be through them so you dont know what your talking about you are just having byers remorse because you listen to gossip.

• Re
    regretful10 Apr 15, 2010

We bought with Starpoint in 2005 and were never happy with it at all. Sure, you have the 5 day cancellation period but that doesn't give you the time to plan a vacation and deal with the points and everything. We were given a lot of wrong information, they told us the points didn't expire and that we could just keep rolling them over and then take a big vacation if we wanted to. Come to find out, the points expire after 2 years. Also, they told us the dues rarely go up but they have gone up every year since purchasing. Plus, if you want to go somewhere, most of the time it is not available, but if you go to the hotel's site as a regular customer, it is available during the time you want and for cheaper than the dues! Unfortunately, I do not know a way out of the contract if you want your money back. We were finally so fed up, I kept calling and saying I wanted out, we didn't care about the money since it was paid off and if we paid the dues every year then we would be out still more money and we wrote it off as a loss. We were able to transfer the deed of ownership back to Starpoint and that is the end of a huge financial mistake.

• Pi
    Pinky21 May 18, 2017

@regretful10 Thank you! I am wanting to transfer the deed back as well. Was the process long and costly?

• Jr
    jrens50 May 06, 2010

I don't know about "happy customer" listed before. But when I hear buyers remorse mentioned, I'm hearing a customer service representative speaking. Because that's what I keep hearing. If your are clearly happy with them then you are lucky. I'm one of many that are not satisfied and have gotten the run around from these people and I'm just simply fed up. There were so many lies told to me during the presentation, I wish I had recorded it and put them out of business for good. They prey on people that are enjoying their vacation or in my case getting married. They pump you full of great ways this program will benefit you and make the big mistake of not reading through the huge contract you end up signing. It's so great that I wanted out with in months after I had time to read the contract and talk to the customer service people. Can you hear the sarcasm? If their product is so good and their service representative professional, this could have easily been resolved. Instead I end up stopping payments on everything and low and behold, I have their attention. That is terrible. I have sent emails and letters. I get one call after months and they tell me they will see what they can do. Guess what. I never heard back from them again until I consulted with several attorneys and decided to stop paying them. After all it's not worth a penny to me. For these people to think they can lock you in to paying them a yearly maintenaince for the rest of your life with no deed for ownership of anything except a contract to a membership. Well let me think about that concept now. Does anyone out there know of a membership to anything that you can't quit or even pay a termination fee of some sort to get out if your not happy with them? These people try to make you think that. I'm in sales and run an international business. My reputaion is important. But it's based on customer satisfaction that keeps them coming back. If you have to trick your customer into a contract and then tell them your stuck with it. That is simply wrong and unethical and should be put to a stop. Starpoint/GeoHoliday needs to listen to what people are saying about them and quit hiding behind unprofessional staff that are just as unethical or naive as the people that run this company.

• 5y
    5 yr memeber May 15, 2010

jrens50- how long ago did you stop paying? Has there been any repercussions? What kind of lawyer did you consult? Did the lawyer suggest that you just stop paying- or was it your idea only? I really appreciate any answer you can provide

• Jr
    jrobert Jun 02, 2010

jrob-How did you get out of the contract? Which lawyer did you use?

• Jj
    jjj1234 Jun 20, 2010

FRAUD FRAUD FRUAD... They took $30, 000 of my money and I will NEVER give them a dime.

• Ti
    Tim Stewart Sep 24, 2010

These people are so full of IT. We got tied into it as well. After my 2nd payment, I was hit with a maintenance fee for over $900. I cannot get a call back from them. We've since tried to book vacations twice only to find out that we couldn't do anything when we wanted to, regardless of advanced notice. We could only vacation when they told us that something was available. To lure us into this, while on vacation, a guy on the street gave us a $100 bill to listen their spiel. While listening to the spiel, we were told and given paperwork that if we signed up, we'd receive 2 free trips. One trip for Hawaii and one for a cruise. The trip to Hawaii included two free airline tickets. Well, the trip to Hawaii required us to fly on a Tuesday night and return on Thursday morning. This gave us 1 full day in HawaiiIf anyone knows about the class action lawsuit, please advise. I'd love to be on the team that goes after them.
    jantim

• Ex
    EX Geo Premier sucker Oct 26, 2010

I signed up for Geo Premier years ago. Every year the maintenance fee went up, regardless of the economy or currency fluctuations. One year I was told that the Cdn dollar had gone down by 20% so they had to increase the fee due to US expenses. The next year the C$ had risen by over 15% and yet my maintenance fee went up again. I asked for clarification and was told that prices go up, live with it (not exact words). In person, I talked to an agent at Geo Holidays, the new name, and she said that every year members from Geo Premier were upgrading to Geo Holidays and so there were less people to pay for the maintenance of Geo Premier's condos (which can be used by Geo Holidays members) and thus, my membership fee will always go up. I should join Geo Holidays for a discounted price of ... So basically, Geo Holidays was stealing members from Geo Premier with GP members getting stuck with the bill. I refused to pay the maintenance fee, my membership was suspended and here we are almost 2 years later and credit agencies are still calling me regularly. Now the company wants the US$700+ fee plus a membership cancellation fee of the same amount in order for me to give up my $11, 000 paid in full membership. They are crooks, I will never pay them and no one should ever waste their money on GEO Holidays or any of their numerous other names. Oh, and the luxurious condos with their tube tvs and vcrs and furniture from the '90s are not even worth the maintenance fee every year.

mashster Dec 06, 2010

One of my parents friends no longer wants his GeoHoliday membership since his wife passed away and asked if I wanted to take it. I've been doing my research and I'm hesitant. It just sounds too good to be true and I can't find any positive reviews apart from the ones on their website.
    Another thing that's odd is they didn't realize that their website was down. I called about it the other day and the lady on the phone was like "oh really, let me contact the IT department." And that's when it was fixed. I also talked to Betty, who said she was the president of the company. I asked her about cancellation fees and she said it would be a one time fee of $2000 if i ever wanted to terminate the membership but from what I've read, people are saying they can't get out of their contract.

What do you guys think, should I just say no to taking over the membership:

• Ut
    utterlydissatisfied May 06, 2011

My GeoHoliday sounded good at the time but is the biggest pain the in $$%. I get the run around promises for a return call that never comes, constant request to up grade and the trial points program has yet to be activated. I paid off in November and it is now May and it is a daily fight. I guess I should be glad I got the trial program. rather than upgrade my geo program I am going to stick to my worldmark and upgrade with their travelshare. Worldmark is a wonderful program and I love it tremendously.

• Un
    unhappy_geo_member Jun 18, 2011

Please, can anyone let us know this class action against Geopremiere. We own a 2-bedroom and maintenance fees goes up quite a bit each year for varies reason; whether its US$ going up or C$ going up. Due to members upgrading to GeoHoliday, 2-bedroom inventory is hardly ever existing anymore; we pay fees for 2-bedroom but can only book 1 bedroom unit - this is a scam. We were told once before our home 'resort' is St. Hippolyte in Quebec 2 bedroom unit. Now they say there is NO longer any 2-bedroom St. Hippolyte units available to Geopremiere members. We attended the pressured session to upgrade our membership. Please let us know how we can get in touch with representative for this class action.

johned Jun 22, 2011

SCAM. They took $120, 000 OF MY MONEY.

Even took my Grandmothers retirement savings, promising unlimited tea and scones. They are killing puppies in the street. Burning down churches. Beating old Ladies. Destroying flower gasrdens. Someone, somewhere stop them.

• Fr
    Fruit basket resort Aug 20, 2011

I agree with all of the negativity about geo holiday. I have not received statements to pay monthly dues. They blow up every phone number you have but it's automated and cannot sleek to know one! I have been calling them now for over Two wks and still no call back! So how much do I pay, where do I send ? What do I do ? And it's true it's cheaper to call Expedia or some random place and get better discounts better places and it's guaranteed. Also they are liars everything they tell you is nothing but lies I feel the same way, I will not give another penny to them as far as I'm concerned we own our home and brand new cars and a child who has everything she needs and well taking care of and most of all we go on vacations and have fun! Nice places that are available without restrictions and annually maintenance fees! Oh and yeah the old tv's and vcr's come on my two yr old has an led tv and a DVD player lol! Geo holiday is a joke! Don't buy with them they are LIARS!!!

• Fr
    Fruit basket resort Aug 20, 2011

Oh and GRO/Star point happy customer stationed in korea if your so happy with them then why don't you just buy ours with our four wks and free vacations, and you can have our $100.00 dining dough since you're so gun ho about geo and hey if they taking care of you that's great! I mean that but everything I've read and all the phone calls and emails, I have received nothing! Work with me here you know that's not good business. But good luck to u hey I'll even give the darn time share to you! You can have it for free just take the ownership we've already paid uh like over 3000.00 were knew members and can't even get a bill a call back an email! All they have done is lied to us! And I'm a very patient person we purchased in may and that our free vacations is actually going to cost us a little over 4000.00 ! That isn't free! And I'm not badgering your anything I just don't know what else to do I really don't! I feel like we've been robbed!

• Sl
    slimer16 Aug 13, 2012

Can you help how to quit and stop paying with them. i need your advice, thanks so much, i really appreciat it.

• Jd
    JDMN Jan 17, 2013

I am very suprised that all of us have been ripped off and there is nothing we can do. I listened to their presentation and they indicated that I can vacation in Las Vegas for 4 times 3-4 days with one years points. I called their Customer service number to book for 3 days and I was told I had to make the 1st monthly payment for them to process the booking. I used a credit card and I was told to call back the following day and I would get the interniealy for my 4 days vacation. When I called the following day they told me my 20, 000 points were not enough to book me for 4 days and I would have to use next years 4, 000 points. When I refused to pay them again they messed my Credit, kept harassing me by calling at odd times and now I can't refinance my house because of their lies. I will sue them even if I spend $5, 000.00 because it is wrong to lie to get peoples money. I know there MUST be a lawyer out there who can listen to our complaints and a remedy can be obtained from our courts. Can any one come to our rescue. You wonder how people get upset and do whatever they need to do. I am not a bad person but I will take them head on and I will not leave anything on the table. They lied and I will not pay them and I will see them in court. JD

• Da
    David G. Mitchell Jan 22, 2013

We have had all the same lies and free trips, free flights. After there sales pitch they said that they had to give us all these free flights and trips just to have us sign up. We have paid $3438.00 and got nothing for it. They wouldn't answer our calls and gave us a total run around. We have decide not to answer any of there letters or phone calls. We are not going to pay them another penny. We would like to join any class action law suit that is going or is getting started. [email protected]

• Mi
    Michlee Feb 12, 2013

These people are the lowest of the low. I really don't know how they sleep at night. They rush you into signing all the papers and cleverly leave out things that as a human, they should let you know. Like the cancellation policy being 5 days. They highlight things in the contract and carefully bypass that and they won't let you read anything before you sign. They pray on people not wanting to waste their vacation reading contracts and tell them to read it when they get home knowing that it would probably be too late. They let us leave there with no contact information at all. You have to find it yourself. And when you do get a hold of them, nobody can give you a straight answer of who to talk to. I should have trusted my gut and got the hell out of there! They need to be stopped and made accountable for what they do to people.

• De
    Deflynn Apr 10, 2013

I have to admit I was foolishly swindled into the jockey club - promise of a vacation 4 times a year in vegas - all lies. Has anyone had any success in getting out of their contracts? What has happened when you stopped paying them? Is there a class action suit against them - I would happily be involved. [email protected]

• Mo
    Mom of blue eyes May 03, 2013

We just signed up fir 25, 000 credits on 4/30/2013. I just sent certified my cancellation. Does anyone have a successful cancellation of this program. We cancelled with in the 5 day term. My quality assurance rep just sent me a follow up email and I informed her of our cancellation and scanned her our cancel letter with certified receipts. I just want o know what I am up against. I understand it could be challenging to cancel after the 5 days but we were lucky and had time to read the info after vacation and do research. I appreciate all the feedback.

Noah Scharaga Jun 27, 2013

In the process of tring to sue for misrepresentation and fraud if that does not work I will claim bankruptcy will not give them a dime after there idle threats ... Plus they are not liked by the court system here in Nevada and have settled on a couple class action lawsuits so I am going tosek it very public

• Co
    CowboyGunner Aug 09, 2013

I just purchased 10k more points annually with a few qualms...they threw in 6 RCI Bonus Weeks which they said could be used anywhere anytime and booked as soon as escrow closes...lies.

The Bonus Weeks are already on the RCI website under extra vacations and last calls and the same price or even cheaper to rent than using my "Bogus Week" certificate but the none of the prime places are available. Anywhere? Anytime? Rubbish!

So I am still here at the Jockey Club and going in first thing in the am to RESCIND on my 4th day. I say I can buy points from sellers trying to get rid of theirs for .05 cents each and they say no you can't as we will buy them instead...perhaps I'll make an offer on the timeshare forum and let GEO take it off the guys hands as it would help him out!

However, three vacations so far with them have all been great...I think I'm good with 20k annually though and don't trust them anymore...our salespersons email is to the effect of "seeking God"...perhaps since it will take an act of God to get many of us out of the messy misinformation/misrepresentation.

I will keep reading this thread and do all I can to help in any way.

mahirap Sep 10, 2013

Oh my everyone is lost with the way Geoholiday works but they're still paying this a..s/holes. I filed a petition so U.S White House can even review how to control and regulate the Timeshare Industry but it's impossible to get 100, 000 votes and before my friends & co-workers can vote U.S wants an email with password info and we all know what NSA does with all personal info, so i put the petition down. No one in my opinion can help someone from U.S advocate, control and regulate this Timeshare Industry because I think it help U.S move the economy its a 93 billion dollar business of course gov't will turn a blind eye on our complain.
    What i'm doing right now is i submitted my complain to the credit card company that i use to pay my downpayment hoping they can do something my claim is service not as describe-meaning there's misrepresentation on the entire deal. They claim that its a savings, investment and we are special as other non members call to book its full bec its reserve for members first. All of this is a lie correct so that alone is already misrepresenting their product. I have the money to pay but why will i pay if i was promised i'm saving for my future accommodation but really i'm not so why will i let myself be taken advantage on this simple terms. 2nd the value to sell is $10700. wrong its worth nothing. I won't even give it away because i don't want anyone be victimize by this Timeshare business. What i do share on my facebook and anywhere everytime I talk to anyone is do not buy or attend any timeshare presentation and if they offer something for free it's just to lure you into signing a contract. 3rd were not special members were just money that pays the rich people to keep there rotting hotels to get maintained, repaired and for the upkeep the owners, developers the rich get to live their convenient nice life while we work hard to save for nothing. I already calculated the loss but it took more than 7 days to figure out because the 5 days they gave consumer to review a 500 page of legal document is not reasonable. FTC can only investigate but for sure they already know Timeshare is not worthwhile and i can say they're into it to. It's like a mafia they give money to every level of government so they Timeshare is untouchable. Legally it can't be turned over but i still have my hope that i will be like David slewing the Giant.

• Bm
    BMillr Nov 04, 2013

Does anyone know a good lawyer who can help with a class action lawsuit? - [email protected]

mahirap Nov 06, 2013

Just make sure its a real lawyer you're dealing with not just advocates for timeshare as they are not lawyers & there's no guarantee that case will win unless you're able to prove misrepresentation & that some impt info regarding the contract was intentionally left out. I have a very good credit & right now monitoring if they have reported anything derogatory. But since i don't need credit an i'm already employed i really don't care about my credit score or report. So, i don't plan on proving them wrong.But the best way to make them cancel the contract is to go back where you were offered to attend & walk along the street quietly with the sign that says don't buy timeshare if you're not a millionaire because its not worth the money. I calculated every payment we will make and even if you get a good deal on your personal line of credit at 4% plus maintenance of around $400 plus you need to go on vacation 4x in 2 yrs b4 you can break even but with the way points system work "THIS CONTRACT IS UNCONSCIONABLE" the consumer is at a financial lost if they try to execute the contract, meaning its unfair, it doesn't follow what the Las Vegas Nevada Real Estate Industry regulations on Timeshare pls copy & paste link; http://www.red.state.nv.us/statsandregs.htm This page will explain how Timeshare people should work with honesty & integrity& will all transparency. The presentation was already wrong when they say the value was $10, 700 bec we won't be able to sell it for that price. The way the points program work doesn't make any sense. My only advantage is they can''t report anything negative on my bureau because the system of reporting is limited and even if they do i DON''T CARE THEY CAN GO AFTER ME UNTIL 7 YRS AND I WON'T PAY ANY PENNY.

mahirap Nov 06, 2013

If you are still persuaded by GeoHoliday to pay & you charge the downpayment thru your credit card ask the credit card company to cancel it for you or the dispute should be "service not as describe" as reason to cancel contract. You only have 60 days to do this. Email Geoholiday a copyof the reason why you are cancelling & send a copy cc: to your credit card company. If they are lucky to dispute this for you you "may" get your money back and cancel the contract all together. If you don't need to have good credit to buy a house or apply for more loans or already employed with a stable company for a while you don't have to file for bankruptcy to get away from Geoholiday. Read some information on Timeshare Bureau about how Timeshare scams people before you hire a lawyer also make sure how you are going to pay your lawyer per hour is $300 that's worse than timeshare. If you really want to sue do it yourself study how they manupulated consumers on the presentation and how long they tortured our brain into believing its a good deal -its like being put under hypnosis. Google the word mind control techniques! Don't forget to also google: Real Estate regulations las vegas nevada look under Timeshare-Look for the chapter :"unlawful Acts" FTC, Real Estate Commissioner, Consumer protection doesn't work with Timeshare complain they're like MAFIA-they are setup to mislead consumer and let them pay bec they are worried about their credit standing or freeze in their asset or wage-they won't go that far bec they don't want to spend too much money as their job is just to harrass us into thinking they can do something but they won't. I will let all of you know what happens to my dispute around 1st week of Dec. If i win it means this Timeshare companies don't have a hold against anybody.

mahirap Nov 13, 2013

Again and again send a dispute with Visa if that's charged on your Visa they will dispute it for you. Let me know how it went so we can share the info to everyone who got victimized by this Starpoint.

johnjpoo Jan 21, 2015

me too as well got a goe holiday time share and I want out if any one can help contact me at [email protected] thanks

• Sk
    skee_sa42 Jan 29, 2015

Please i need help cancelling this timeshare with geo. Contact me [email protected]

• Me
    Mehollingstar Apr 10, 2016

I'm not sure how people were scammed however I bought a timeshare while in Vegas in 2014. I really wanted show tickets but bought into it. I paid it off to avoid the high interest rate by flipping it onto a no interest card. Everything I expected has taken place. We have always gotten our points and have so far been to San Diego, Cancun, Vegas and about to return to Vegas. Having the accommodation bill out of the way for our vacations is absolutely wonderful. I've also been invited back for owner education - 4 days 3 nights. I had to go to a class for an hour. Of course they want you to
    Upgrade but you don't have to say yes. Our next trip this September will be HI. Im not sure how people have been "scammed" but I feel happy with our investment. 4:16

jan Apr 10, 2016

The story sounds nice "vacation" and without paying at the time of the vacation because you already prepaid it. I have calculated all the payments you've made is too much you can do it too. Math doesn't add up and not to our advantage for us who are complaining we've realize its not really that "great" its a waste of money if you're just a working class. The company who really owns the property is using people to maintain their property. Using small people over & over to get rich :-( Sorry that all the people on this page doesn't agree with your perspective maybe you have too much money to spare, so congratulation to you. Timeshare is not an investment its a waste of everyone's money. Reminder to everyone not to listen to any timeshare scam and cancellation is just an opportunity for other companies to make money. TIMESHARE SCAM!

jan Apr 10, 2016

The link I'm sharing is an explanation of why Timeshare is not a great investment: http://www.nuwireinvestor.com/articles/top-5-reasons-why-timeshares-are-horrible-investments-51227.aspx

• Me
    Mehollingstar Apr 11, 2016

Congratulations to you for being scammed! You sound like an expert so I'm surprised it happened to you. Life is too short in my opinion to count up nickels and dimes.

• Et
    ET25 Jul 15, 2016

Anyone succeed in cancelling with Geo Holiday/StarPoint? Any advice would be helpful. Trying to help a friend who got swindled. [email protected]

• Kr
    Krisztina Viranyi Quivey Feb 14, 2017

please help me to get rid of this timeshare i never ever find anything what is good for us
    PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP e mal me [email protected]