Genesis Healthcare / GenesisHCC.comunprofessional rude behavior of staff and unethical charges

S Jul 07, 2019

My name is Lana Smith, I was a member at westroad genesis Health Club for over a year. On June 30th at 1 pm I was in a gym w my 10 year old daughter as I noticed on 3 different occasions 2 of your staff, Kyle and Peggy were laughing at me and my daughter not in a kind way (she was lifting small 1 lb weights in the air next to me) they were standing on the upper floor leaning over the rail pointing at us. My daughter saw it too. There was nobody else around us so there was no mistake it is directed towards us. After third time I confronted Kyle asking him "what is funny?". He stand there with the smirk on his face asking me "funny?". I said "yes what is funny ? I see u laughing at us". He then suddenly said in rude manner "she is not supposed to be on the floor, take her off the floor, pointing at my daughter. We immediately left. If my daughter wasn't supposed to be on the floor I am sure there is professional way to approach me and address it. We went to swimming pool. 5 min later both of them were there and continued harassment. Kyle was very rude to me and with the smirk when I asked him for their names. Later they brought the manager that asked me while I was in a swimming pool with my daughter, she said "do you need something?" I told her about my experience and that I am so upset I want to end my membership. trust me no one wants to come on their day off to gym and be treated like that. The manager defended Kyle by saying that his smirk and such attitude is "just his personality and he just smiles like that". She questioned what I was telling her even though my 10 year old daughter told her that she saw it too. I drove to 77th street location to terminate my membership because they told me on the phone I have to sign it in person. The staff charged me 200$ and told me I will be charged 50$ the next day because I was supposed to give 30 days notice. This is truly become a horrible experience I won't forget.

unprofessional rude behavior of staff and unethical charges