FXSUPPLEMENTS.comextra chearge of $79.95.. why?

R

i've been charge a whopping $79.95 for something I did not order. I was only supose to be charge the s/h of $5.95 that has already been billed and charged.

More FXSUPPLEMENTS.com Complaints & Reviews

• Er
    Ernest Garza Nov 25, 2008

I too ordered only the trail package and was to pay $ 5.95 for the S/H and was also charged $79.95 to my credit card I have not even recieved the trail package and they alrady are chargeing my account for another shipment I did not authorized . I will file a complaint with the BBB and Florida Attorney General and also the U.S. Post Master General. I HAVE CALL THE COMPANY TO TO AVAIL THEY WILL NOT ANSWER MY CALLS OR E-MAILS i HAVE ALSO CONTACTED MY BANK CARD COMPANY.

• Sh
    Sherry Nov 25, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me.

• Th
    theresa Nov 25, 2008

Did the same to me-did not receive the "free" item until 22 days after and then was charged 79.95 before I received the item. Tried to call also and tried the email-but to no avail. We all got ripped off.

• Ar
    arlene Nov 26, 2008

I too was ripped off, there's NO way to cancel at either phone numbers given to me or email address . I was only suppose to have paid 5.95 s&h, with a no risk free trial, but then 2 days later there was 2 pkgs from the same address and was charged 79.95+79.95, which caused overdraft charges of $96.00 at my bank which they will not give back. I called the bbb of Nashville tn. They told me to file a complaint with the bbb of fort worth tx, and I did, highly furious!

• Ru
    RUBEN KING Nov 26, 2008

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF ALSO. I CANNOT CONTACT ANY ONE TO CANCELL.

ange walichowski Nov 26, 2008

THE SAME DAMN THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! ITS INSANE!!!

• Ef
    Efrain Rios Nov 26, 2008

I too have been ripped off and charged 79.95 on my card, it was only supposed to be 5.95 for s/h.
    This company is ripping people off left and right and they can't keep getting away with it.
    We must do something about it quickly...

• Na
    Natalie Nov 27, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I was charged the $5.95 shipping and handling, 5 days ago was charged $79.95, tried calling (left numerous messages) and emailed 5 times which of course, nobody has returned, and worst... NEVER received the product!!! This company is scamming consumers all over the country and getting away with it! Imagine, just the few "posts" we've added here each being charged $80.00!!! It's ridiculous!!! My only suggestion would be to cancel your credit card IMMEDIATELY, contact the Fraud Dept at your bank and REPORT IT, and definetly contact the BBB not only in your local area but also in Ft Worth, TX. This company is getting away with this @!%$ and the only way to stop it, is by REPORTING IT!! If anything, this board will allow others who have not purchased the product to see what others are going through and they won't be a "victim" as the rest of us!!!

Ana Nov 28, 2008

The same thing just happened to me. I am so upset because i have tried to call and email them numerous times, and nothing!!! What is really scary is the fact that it seems that other companies like this one are trying to charge my account as well. I am going to cancel my c/c immediately. We should all do something to prevent this from happening to others in the future.

• Ba
    barbara Nov 28, 2008

I just oder mine aweek ago and i was just charged 79.95 plus 35.00 over fee. Called the number and it say it is having phone difficulties. Call another number and they have nothing to do with that product.

Susan Nov 28, 2008

I just had the same thing happen to me. I am trying to get my bank to reverse the charges. If anyone gets an answer somewhere, PLEASE post it on here for the rest of us. I feel so stupid, but I trusted it to be only a trial bottle. I did get that.

Susan Nov 28, 2008

I just canceled my card too. I don't need this to keep happening. We are a missionary family and money is really tight. It stinks that there are people out there taking advantage of others this way.

Susan Nov 29, 2008

Same thing just happened to me too. I was also only suppose to get the trial sample for $5.95 and they charged my account the $5.95 plus two days later an additional $79.95. I am canceling my credit card and contacting the BBB. This will definitely get reported.

• Da
    Dawn Hill Nov 29, 2008

I never received the product for 5.95 then was charged an unauthorized 79.95 for product not ordered. Someone has to stop this. It is insane to think they can get away with this and we cannot stop it. I have e-mailed and called this company with no response. If any one knows how to get this stopped and to get your money back please e-mail here so we can all get this injustice corrected.

• Gi
    gina Nov 29, 2008

I ordered my free trial on 11/17 and the shipping charge was deducted from my account on 11/19. Here it is 11/30 and I havne't received an email telling me that the order was shipped. I emailed customer service and the cancellation email address tshown on the web site and told them to cancel my order. I also sent a message to my bank to alert them. I hope I caught it in time.

• Ro
    Rosanne Licari Nov 30, 2008

The same thing happened to me? Did anyone ever get there money back?

• El
    ELIZABETH Nov 30, 2008

I just got over charged myself and I sent a complaint to my bank that it was not authorized. I will be calling them to give them a piece of my mind and to make sure I don't receive any charges

• El
    elaine Nov 30, 2008

I also ordered the trial bottle of product. Never received the product but when I got my bank statement, I was charged $5.95 not once but twice. I went to the bank to cancel my bank card so there would be no charges, but in the meantime the chaqrged my account $79.95. I canceled the card and the bank mism disputing the charges. I haven0t heard anything else yet.

Joanna Bell Dec 01, 2008

I ordered two supplements for $5.95 and received both but then my credit card was charged $79.95 on November 20. I tried to call but the line is busy and once when I got through was on hold for over 20 minutes. I will dispute this item with my credit card. Glad to hear that I am not the only one that was ripped off.

• Da
    Dave Dec 01, 2008

My complaint is much like the others here! I paided $5.95 for shipping of a free supplement.
    That is how they got my VISA number. I was charged $79.95 for something I never ordered.
    Plain and simple, this is fraud! Everyone, go to the BBB and report their crimes

• Sy
    Sylvie Tonge Dec 01, 2008

The same thing happen to me five days ago. I have called the 1-866 phone number but I was on the phone for about an hour long and no answer. I have left messages and no one responded. I was also charged $79.95 on 11/25/08 and I received the product November 28th. I've decided to return the product, contact my bank and the BBB regarding this matter.

• Sh
    Shubha Dec 02, 2008

I too had an idea this could be a scam, so i purchased a gift card worth $10 and ordered the product using that card. I placed the order on 11/19. Like everyone else I haven't got the product yet, couldn't cancel it nor did i get a chance to talk to anybody on customer care no. and since 10 days trial period is already over i am sure they might have tried deducting $79.. but this time they'll be in for a disappointment.

Noreen A. Bundschuh Dec 02, 2008

I see that I am not alone. I emailed CNN and Oprah (endorsed the product) and guess what...NO RESPONSE! I am electronically challenged, but if someone knows how to send these comments to CNN and Oprah...please be my guest.

Maybe they should take responsibility for their staff not checking the reputation of the product/company they were endorsing.

THE CREDIBILITY OF OPRAH AND OF CNN IS GONE! I also have to wonder about Dr. Oz...I wonder what benefits CNN, Oprah, and Dr. Oz receive from this company that is taking money from all of us.

IT IS APPARENT BY THE LACK OF RESPONSE FROM FXSUPPLEMENTS, CNN, AND OPRAH THAT THEY REALLY DO NOT CARE!

jane fortin Dec 02, 2008

I also order the free trial for $5.95 and was charged 79.95 and I never received the product. In fact, I called and cancelled the order and they charged my account anyway. I have talked to my credit card company and they said they would dispute the charges, but they were not too optimistic. She said to continue to try to get a hold of the company. What a joke! I am really concerned that this 79.95 charge will appear each month on my account. She said I could cancel my credit card but that probably wouldn't help. I am kind of at a loss as to what to do now.

• Ta
    Tataum Watkins Dec 02, 2008

Has anyone tried to return product to company? I would like to know what happened if you did .. Please let me know This is terrible that companys can get away with this.. I'm in the sdame boat

Angelina Dec 03, 2008

I ordered the trail product and my card was immediately charges the 5.95 and never got the product. Calls to the company have been fruitless sometimes the call just disconnects and if it goes thru you have to wait and wait and then forwarded to recorder and that recording states recorder full and disconnects. Only thing good about this is that I paid with a prepaid visa card and only had a small amount of money on my card otherwise they would have taken more money from my card.

• Re
    Reese Dec 03, 2008

Yes, I orderd the product over a month ago and got it a couple of weeks ago and later, during the last week or, so, I got my credit card bill and like all of the others, an additional charge of $79.95.
    I have tried to call these people for five days now and have spoken to only a person who called herself "the operator" and she said she would pass my # on to one of the phone room people. That was 2 days ago and I have heard nothing. I have called the number on my card statement a total of 63 times, to no avail, so how can I cancel anything with these goons? Will someone please tell me that?
    I spoke to my bank this PM and after speaking to a represenative from "Billing Disputes", they tell me that if I didn't cancel w/in a given time there can be no dispute - - which means, since I can't get in touch with them, they can charge me again, and again, and again. (By the way, the "Bank Disputes" person could
    not reach them, either).
    As I told my bank, I am not a big time depositor however, I have 6 different credit cards (including my company cards) with them, 2 checking accounts and 2 money market accounts. I'm running so hot right now, I will truly cancel all the cards, withdraw all the funds from all the accounts and go to a bank that will help a Client who has a problem such as this.
    In the AM I am going to get in touch with the Chamber in the town these people are located in, to any part of the government that has a power over these "people" and anythiing else I can do to get this corrected and cancelled. Afterwards, I am going to get back in touch w/my bank and who knows, by Friday I may be walking around w/a lot of cash in my pockets if I can't get anymore help from the bank I've been with for over 35 years.

Need some help!

• Be
    Beverly Moss Dec 04, 2008

I got charged the $5.95 and it was taken out of my banking accout immediately.This was almost 3 weeks ago and haven't recieved nothing yet. And they better not charge my account, for I'm sending an e-mail to cancel the order, and also callig them with the number they gave when I ordered. This does need to to stop, and I hate to hear so many got ripped off, it just breaks my heart.

• Pa
    Pataricia Barbier Dec 04, 2008

I also was charged 79.95 on 11/24/08 and hadn't even received my free sample yet when the money for the free sample was deducted on 11/10/2008!! I can't get a hold of anyone at customer service either!!I I am so mad that they pull this crap and so close to christmas when money is so tight. I too am reporting them to the BBB and am disputing the charge with my bank

• Pa
    Pataricia Barbier Dec 04, 2008

Same garbage happened to me, I am disputing the charge and going to the BBB. No wonder they wont get on the phone with any one, they are thieves.

Joey Hatch Dec 04, 2008

I had the exact same problem with Fxsupplements.com. I filed a dispute with my credit card company. They, too, tried to call and only got a recording. I requested a new credit card account number and any further charges to the card that Fxsupplement has will not go through. Hopefully that is what my credit card company tells me.
    Anyone having the same problem should try that.
    I also returned the unopened bottle and still have to see if they refund anything. If you return make sure you have delivery confirmation on the package.
    FRUSTRATED AND NOW WILL CHECK ON COMPLAINTS ON COMPANY BEFORE ORDERING ANYTHING. I wish I would have done that before ordering.
    Has anyone takening the supplements to find out if it actually works as their website stated?

• Ce
    cexit Dec 05, 2008

I had the exact same problem with Fxsupplements.com. I also filed a dispute with my credit card company but I have been told that change the numebr it is not going to solve the problem, you have to cancel the CC and change the bank. But I also send a letter to Fxsupplement via USPS certified mail requesting the confirmation for the camcellation and I received the order cancellation confermation today by email.

• Gw
    Gwen Dec 05, 2008

SOLUTION: you need to cancel your credit card! If not you will be enrolled in their monthly subscription - at $80 a pop!!! Read fine print. It automatically enrolls you after 15 days unless you cancel your order. But there is not way to cancel your order! Only way to avoid charges is to actually cancel your credit card, unfortunately. But if you do it soon enough they won't "get over" on YOU too! I hope you read this in time! Good luck.

• Mo
    mona hamilton Dec 10, 2008

caucel at acai berry maxx.com for charging my account [mona hamilton]

• Ri
    Riparian Bob Dec 23, 2008

I did the same thing as everybody else: signed up for the $5.95 sample without reading the fine print. But I presume it was there all along: if you don't cancel within 14 days, they'll send you two more bottles and bill you 86 bucks. Apparently it was there, in fine print at the bottom of the e-page, when I signed up, so I've got nobody to blame but myself for not reading it
    -if I had I never would have done the deal.

They mailed the stuff three weeks ago -all three bottles. Thinking the two extra bottles were a mistake on FX's part, I set them aside with the intention of contacting them to tell them what was going on.

Well, I didn't get around to that till yesterday, well past their deadline. Fortunately I'd saved a copy of my email signup (which is how I found out about the subsequent shipments) and got their phone # and e-address. I did call 888 549.2111, and got a recording saying you can't cancel there, but have to email. I sent the cancellation email.

But then I called my Bank Of America Mastercard, on which I'd made the charge. They said you can't block payments in advance but you can place in "dispute" any charges.

I lucked out at BOA and got a WONDERFUL rep. She found a second phone for FX (which I had also found by Googling FX Supplements), 866 851.2281. While I was holding, she called them and actually, by letting the phone ring, got a human being named Rhonda. This person looked up my data, said my cancellation was accepted, and that she would send me then and there a confirmation by e.

The BOA rep said there isn't any point in cancelling your credit card because any charges that come in after that will still be charged to you -once they've got you, they've got you (seems like the people who bought gift cards and then used those to pay for the acai were smart). The thing to do is monitor your charges (online) and as soon as the one comes thru that you don't like, you call the credit card company and dispute it.

This, my rep said, works. The credit card companies have powers over their merchants that we don't have, and so they don't mess with them. As my rep said, "after a certain point it's no longer a dispute, it's fraud."

Plus you have 90 days to file a dispute from, if I understood her correctly, the time the charge is posted.

My rep also said to watch out for any new charges on your account that come from any source that's ".com." Check out anything you don't recognize. Sometimes shady outfits will bill you under another name.

It's been about an hour since I hung up from Rhonda, and my confirmation e still hasn't come.

So there you have it. Success to you, and happy Holidays.

• Bu
    buyerbeware Dec 29, 2008

I, too, was caught up in the fxsupplements.com questionable business practices. The word "FREE" is huge in the advertising, but the preauthorized recurring billings is in very small print. I also used the link from Oprah.com. I wonder if she knows her web site is being used by this company. They never answer their phones or return messages. I also cancelled with the merchant, but am concerned after hearing that someone else did that, but the charges continued. Buyer beware...nothing is free. I learned the hard way.

• Mi
    missysuekrb Jan 06, 2009

I just called [protected] and waited on hold for a while, finally this poor soul picked up the phone. Actually, I don't think she was a poor soul, but I told her I felt sorry for her because this was the only job she could find, working for a bunch of scam artists! Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that if you stay on the line, instead of leaving a message, perhaps you'll get someone to answer. They won't return your $79.95 though. HOwever, the two bottle I just received in the mail for $89.50 I was given a return authorization number and they said they'd return my money for those upon receipt of the other bottles. So, I'm sending it overnight, return receipt requested AND signature required! I'm going to make sure I get my money back for that last package! I'm amazed that they can get away with that!

I'm sorry eveyrone else has had to deal with this too! But your comments were more than helpful!

Annette kaier Jan 07, 2009

The company continues to charge my card for a product I have sent back and notified to cancel.

• Ro
    Robin Gibson Jan 13, 2009

I think every one should contact the BBB because depending on the # of complaints the BBB will shut them down! and also I'm going to print this page and prove to my bank this is a scam. because Bank of america will get to the bottom of this. They have already refunded my money and maybe your banks will to. Goodluck. Oh and if your bank doesn't back you up on this switch to a real bank!

• De
    Deborah Rogowski Jan 20, 2009

Same story, asked for the sample, paid the shipping and then the next month, billed for 79.95 for nothing. I called cc company and am having dispute filed.