Freightliner — avoid freightliner smart shift transmission!
Sold heavily by the company, the smart shift technology has not been perfected. I purchased 3 m2's in feb. 2007 with the technology and all are having problems. what's worse, is that the electronics are so complicated the service techs can't fix them. they try to get instructions from mercedes (maker of smart shift) but it appears the troubleshooting is either unclear or "over their heads". both dealerships in orlando and tampa can't fix the problem.
I'm 13 days in the shop with no results on a new vehicle. don't make the same mistake.
More Freightliner Complaints & Reviews
- Freightliner - warning to truck owners thinking of purchasing a freightliner m2!
- Freightliner - Customer service
- Freightliner - rack and pinion
- Freightliner - ripping me off
- Freightliner - replace good parts
- Freightliner Trucks / Daimler Trucks North America - Unauthorized repair, unscrupulous business practices
- Freightliner - Service department
- Freightliner Trucks / Daimler Trucks North America - Services that I was charged for that were not done.
- Freightliner Trucks / Daimler Trucks North America - freightliner austell ga. replacing engine dd15
- Freightliner Trucks / Daimler Trucks North America - Freightliner services