Freightlinerwarning to truck owners thinking of purchasing a freightliner m2!

L

I purchased a freightliner m2 with a 22’ box and sleeper from alumi-bunk in feb. 2006.
With in a week of me driving the truck. I was in the hospital with one third of my back injured. I don’t know what the problem is with the design of the truck I am only a driver. the problem could be the freightliner truck not being able to handle over the road use. brook park freightliner of ohio sold the chassis to alumi-bunk. I have been told my freightliner repair shops that the chassis is for a dump truck design. maybe brook park should not have sold this truck to alumi-bunk as an over the road truck. the seats that were installed in the freightliner came from bostrom t-910 model. I have come to find out now these seats are a good around the town seat.

Drivers this combination of truck, chassis, and seat will not protect you on the open road. this truck is a career ender.

• Le
    Lee C Benfield May 06, 2015

You obviously have not driven an M2 106 with an auto-shift transmission. We have a 2007 M2-106 with an MBE Auto-shift transmission. We have had nothing but jerking since we bought our 2007 new. We've had constant problems with jerking with it since we bought it. They did the computer reprogramming several times. It would act right for a short while and revert back to jerking. The truck now has 205, 000 miles on it. We are full-time RVers and use it to haul our fifth wheel. Two weeks ago the transmission mal-functioned and wouldn't release the torque of the engine when coming to a stop. We called the nearest Freightliner Service location which was the dealership in Pharr, Texas. They told us they would take a look at it but they would not work on it. When we asked where we could take it, they told us they didn't know. We called the Freightliner dealership in Corpus Christi where we had work done before and they told us they would work on it. We limped it into Corpus Christ which is about 150 miles and made it. They have now had the truck for two weeks and we are no where yet. They replaced the clutch but now it won't go into reverse. They had the clutch replaced last Friday and they tried replacing the computer and it didn't make a difference. We'd like to know what to do and who to turn to about this problem.

• Ad
    Adam Apr 29, 2008

I have driven International 4300s and Freightliner M2 106s. The Freightliner is by far a better OTR truck. I think it is very comfortable, and handles well over the road.