Freebeegas.comFraud/Scam

I sent off my receipt information on October 14th (I already had $100 in receipts from the same gas station). I followed all the rules- send in the original receipts, the same brand of gas- I even went a step further and went to one gas station (it is right in my neighborhood and very convenient).

I received an email on 10/22 from the company indicating that they received my information and everything was in "good order". According to their email, I should have received the $25 gas card from them within 28 business days.

I sent in my voucher and receipts for November. Have not received any email from them confirming receipt of this material. Luckly I kept copies of the receipts and voucher that was mailed to them in October and in November.

I tried to go to their website and received an error message. Could not figure out what was wrong. Went to the email from them and pulled out my paper copies of all of the material from when I first was enrolled.

First off, the company in October was named Gasoline Redemption and was freebeegas.com.

As of today, it is claimyourgas.com.

When I started checking into the online, I found a bunch of complaints of people who joined, send in their information and never again heard from the company. In addition, it seems like the have changed their name a bunch. One time it was freegascentral.com, another it was gasolineredeption.com.

When I try calling the 1-800 number I receive a message indicating that "the mailbox is full, please call back later".

This company is a scam. I think they make their money off of the $5 per person membership fee.

• Ro
    Robert Vick Dec 05, 2008

We went to a seminar sponspored by Grand Get a Way travel club. We were given a Certificate
    to mail in to recieve $300.00 free Gas. We sent our Cert in the 15th of September 2008 with all the information required. We have not recieved our Gas Certificated by return mail as was promised. This required us to send a $5.00 Check with our Free Gas Cert. Which we did.
    This is December 5th, 2008
    Thanking you in advance for your help
    Robert Vick
    6905 Florida Elm Dr
    N.P.R. Florida 34653

Anne Dec 10, 2008

I can't believe how many people are complaining about this- something has got to be done!

• Rh
    Rhonda Dec 15, 2008

I had the same problem with Freebeegas early this year and still cannot get my gas cards. I have followed all their rules and sent in the receipts for $100 each month since July 2008. Still not one card.

When I called in November I got a message saying they were sending out July cards that week. July cards mailed in November... no way can that be legitimate.

Anyway, in August, before I realized that Freebee was a really bad company, my son got a certificate from a local flooring store for the site claimyourgas.com that you mentioned. I can tell you this... they are NOT the same company. He has gotten a $25 gift card in Oct, Nov and he got an email saying his Dec receipts were received and were good too. That means he'll get his third card soon.

claimyourgas.com is in Arizona and the freebee company is in Key Largo, FL.

I found this on another scam site. maybe you should call them at that number.

Re: freebeegas.com scam or legit?

Ok everyone - I finally go a conventional local phone number for these people and usually someone will answer the phone. This is for the following

www.freebeegas.com
    www.freegasredemption.com
    www.freebiegas.com
    www.securegasredeption.com
    www.ethosforgas.com
    www.freegascentral.com
    www.gasolineredemption.com

They are in the Tampa area and the number is 727-596-6913
    Sounds like a hot house phone bank in the background - course they wont tell you anything - dont know nothing etc etc - yeah right.

NORMA BAKER Dec 15, 2008

i mailed out nov. 2008 redemption coupon and its been almost 3 weeks my # is AD7202631500. norma baker i did everything on line even got my coupons from the internet.please e-mail me to let me know when it was mailed out. thank you.

James Curtin Dec 27, 2008

I submited all of the required information in accordance with the terms of the program & have no received any $25 gift cards yet.

• To
    tom trudnos Dec 28, 2008

same as everyone else. they make you send in 5.00 upfront and say it will be part of the gift cards you get back. problem is, you never get a dime back!!!

Charles Tremper Dec 31, 2008

Evidently we are not writing and calling the right people.
    Lets call Funseekers. Their the ones that sent us the card when we paid our yearly dues within a few weeks
    Maybe their running out of money like the rest of the country.
    So send us our $5 back.

• Sc
    scott Jan 02, 2009

I purchased my Ethos product back on 6/20/08. When I purchased this product to try they promise you 4 gift cards as incentive to try this product of which you have to pay an extra $5.00 for. Not only does Ethos not work there are no gift cards. It is now January 2, 2009 and I have yet to receive one gift card after sending in my receipts as requested. This company is a scam, the product doesn't work. Please do yourself a favour and don't buy this. All you'll get is frustration. I have called several times. Many times the mail box is full or when I finally get someone they say they are running a little behind. A little behind. I purchased this product back in June of '2008 it is January 2009, Seven months, yah I'd say they are behind. I'd say they are a fraud and should go to jail. The website I went to was www.ethosforgas.com.

• St
    stanley taraszkiewicz Jan 07, 2009

sat through a 90min.sales presentation to receive gas gift cards.sent in my 100.00 dollar receipts for the past 5mo.and i have received nothing.i was to receive 25.00dollar gift card for 100.00in gas receipts. stanley taraszkiewicz 13016edison southgate mi.48195 734 285 9439

• Df
    DFAC Jan 13, 2009

I also sent in vouchers for Oct., Nov. & Dec. 2008 of over $100 in gas at the BP station. Never received the $25 gift card. The FreeBeeGas phone doesn't work and their email does not work. That was a total scam for what ever reason. DFC, Rock Hill, SC

Sandra Jan 13, 2009

I also signed up to use Ethos and receive the four free $25.00 gas cards. I submitted the proper documentation with a letter each month from July through October 2008 to the Getfreegas company in Largo, Florida, in order to receive my cards. I received an email that my gas cards would be coming soon, and I also spoke with a representative back in September. To date, I have received nothing, and now the phone and email contact information for the company is void. Has anyone submitted a complaint to the consumer fraud department with the State of Florida yet? If not, maybe we should. Suggestions and comments are welcomed.

• Ba
    Barry Day Jan 17, 2009

Same complanint everyone else is having, no gift cards sent . You hold up your end of the deal and purchase gas from the same company totaling $100 per month to get a $25 gift card, and then you never get it. The real crime is when you have purchased something that you MAY NOT have purchased because you were told you could get "FREE GAS" if you followed the rules. Well, no free gas and you still have to keep what you purchased. It would be interesting to know if the companies that handed out the coupon in exchange for your purchase are liable in any way!

Carol Koch Jan 18, 2009

I received a certificate to receive $25 back every month I turned in $100 worth of receipts. I think I got 2 $25 gas cards back for July and August and now have not received anything for September, October or November. I should get a total of $250 back if I complete the mailings but why??? It was like pulling teeth to get the first 2 months back. The excuse was they had a poor system for flling the rebates or something dumb like that. They actually responded when I emailed them... No the email does not work anymore, and I am out potentially $205!

THIS IS A REAL RIPOFF! When I try to go to http:www.freebeegas.com it switches to http://www.gasregistration.com

• Tr
    Trishk Jan 19, 2009

Tweeter offered a promotion of 500.00 free gas via freebeegas.com for purchases over 999.00. This entailed a 5.00 charge to enroll. There was never any rebate sent by freebeegas.com

• Pa
    Pam Jan 25, 2009

I guess I better jump on the ole' band wagon with the rest of you. I went to a Hondai dealer and "won" a voucher for $300 gas @ shell, citco, chevron or texaco. I sent in my $5.00 which was to be reimbursed at the end of my voucher useage. That was back on October 21, 2008 and today, January 25, 2009, I still have not heard a word from this company. I feel I have been dooped. What a scam! Especially during these depressed economic times. Shame on them, to bad for us.
    Pam Hutsell, Arizona

• Jb
    JBostic Feb 05, 2009

CLAIMYOURGAS.COM has no affiliation whatsoever with Freebeegas which is run by Tidewater Marketing. Claimyourgas.com is run by a reputable company in AZ and has a great rating with the BBB. They are not affiliated in any way. Just wanted to let you know.

Mary Marino-McDonnell Feb 05, 2009

I puchased for $25 off of ebay - a certificate for $500 in free gas - $25 per month with $100 of gas purchases per month from the same gas station. I did research on this at the time (sept 08) and there were no complaints and it was a promotion from the gas stations to maintain loyal customers.
    What a chore this has become. I have sent in receipts every month -w ell before the due date --- I have called every month when I did not receive the card - and heard that computers crashed, the cards didn't come in from the gas stations, etc. I never received my $25 card for October (my first month, November, December and now January, 09. I called them two weeks ago - and after calling several times - I finally got a person on the phone - she was a manager and her name is Amber. She said it was in the system to send me October, November and December within the next week - and then January would be processed and I would receive that in February, 2009.

Today - I called AGAIN - and the 800 number (1-800-514-0366) was not in service - I sent an email off of their website and it was returned to me "undeliverable". It appears they were a scam and went out of business.

I will continue to pursue this --- and will notify ebay of the same - as this is an offer that is frequent on ebay.

Chatty Kathy Feb 05, 2009

OK. The same thing happened to me. I got mine from Simpson Buick in Buena Park, CA, back in 9/08. I just had to come into the dealership to receive my free $250.00 worth of gas. I signed up, paid $5, mailed in my receipts totaling $100, got a confirmation email that everything was in order. "Mail box is full" message, to now, all "circuits are busy", email to the address, freebeegas.com is non-deliverable. Looks like they're going to have a big class action law suit on their hands. I'm in. There is strength in numbers.

• Be
    BETTY BELL Feb 09, 2009

I have sent 6 redemption couponsto free bee gas. I received 2, just enough to think they would honer them.They will not answer their phone, why have one?What can be done about this?My no. is T2709171500.BETTY BELL

• Gr
    Gregg Wolfer Feb 11, 2009

I have sent September and October gas vouchers in like I was suposed to and I was supposed to receive 2 gas cards for $25.00 each! Well it's now the middle of Febuary and I still HAVE NOT seen ANYTHING!!!
    I think this whole free gas thing is a joke and the company behind it is even a bigger joke!
    Everytime I call I sit on hold for atleast 30 mins or more and now when I call the number is NO good!
    All I want is my 2 gas cards that I think I deserve for what I have done and your NOT standing up on your part!
    After I get them, I will NOT send anymore in and I WILL tell everyone I know about thins so they don't go through the same ###!
    IT'S ALL A JOKE and your company SUCKS!!!

Gregg
    Cincinnati, ohio 45231

chaarles anderson Feb 12, 2009

failed to send gift cards as promised after sending reciept of gas purchased from oct 1 2008 to feb 1 2009

mad nancy Feb 13, 2009

I have had the same problem as everyone else with getting your free gas cards. There should be a law against this. What can be done. I have turned in receipts and vouchers since October and have not received nothing. I can't get through on the phone or on-line. I guess you don't get anything for free anymore.

• Bb
    bbonney Feb 19, 2009

Get $25 gas cards for sending in gas receipts??? OK you win! I believed their story about computer crashes, etc and was still optimistic and hopeful. Now I see all phone lines are disconnected, website is down and emails get returned. I contacted the folks who handed out this card and I expect them to make good. Grrrr!

Marshall Feb 19, 2009

Same story here, started sending in $100 worth of receipts for the months of Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec 2008. Haven't seen a single $25 gas card. What a scam. They take your $5 "reimbursable" enrollment fee quickly, but never hear from them again. I complained to the dealer where I purchased the vehicle. Supposedly I was going to receive $500 worth of free gas. Ha!

• Ph
    Phyllis Gaertner Feb 20, 2009

My huusband also complied with all the rules and never got any card, explanation, or appology. Let's take it a step further and go to the BBB.

• Fa
    fatangel Feb 23, 2009

I have the same problems as outlined by everyone else. You don't get something for nothing. The only real loss is the $ 5.00 sent to paypal. It's a small amount, but multiply this by God knows how many of us got screwed and it would be in the thousands of dollars. Should the attorney general's office be made aware of this scam?

• Br
    Bryan Feb 24, 2009

I received the promotional material in Davenport Iowa from a car dealership. I have followed all of the directions for 4 months and have received nothing in return (should have been four 25$ gift cards by now). Now they claim their phone service is out of order. At this point I am sure that it is a scam.

• Be
    Bernard Taschler Feb 24, 2009

I received a card for $300 of free gas from a company called frrebeegas.om. I go the card from my timeshare (Flagship AC NJ). I went to the website on the card, filled out required info and gave a deposit of $5 on my credit card. I never received anything back from this company. When trying to find their website it was gone. Where's my money.

Bernard Taschler
    174 Mauch Chunk St
    Lehighton Pa 18235

• Li
    lisa Feb 25, 2009

I suggest that everyone who has complained about freebeegas.com go to the webite for the florida Better Business Bureau. I just checked, and they list NO COMPLAINTS against this company. I'm glad I checked this site before embarking on this process. I received the $450 card from a car dealership, but could not find the website online. I searched the address, and got a company that does shipping and packaging. ??

• Ke
    kevinrl Feb 25, 2009

I just got off the phone with the Florida State Attorney's Office. They are currently investigating this issue and they aksed me to file a complaint at their webiste. Here's what they asked me to do:

Go to: www.myfloridalegal.com
    Hover your mouse over "Consumer Protection" in the menu on the left.
    Select "On-Line Complaint Form".
    From there, you can register an offical complaint and you also have the option to subscribe to their newsletters which will hopefully soon contain information about the status of their investigation.

At least it's something. I knew this program was just too good to be true!

CarolePiinky Mar 01, 2009

Got the promotion from a Ford Dealership in Elgin, IL outside of Chicago after the Car Show. Complied w/the receipts - sending them in w/the coupon after registering. Guess what? Not a gas card to be had - I guess I will call and whine at the Ford Dealership and see what they have to say. Sigh.

CarolePiinky Mar 01, 2009

I had the same experience - won this from a Ford Dealership and guess what - after 4 months of sending in Citgo receipts - no gas cards. How disappointing. I will contact Ford Dealership and see what they have to say.

• Ke
    Keith Rivers Mar 02, 2009

I got the same treatment as everyone else-- sent in my gas receipts and coupons as directed. For October and November, I was "disqualified" as I thought I could use gas from any station so long as it was the same grade. Wrong! I was informed I could only use Shell Gas to redeem my monthly coupons.

For December and January, I made sure to only use Shell Gas and sent in the receipts, with the appropriate monthly coupons, as per directions. I am still waiting and have received zero gas certificates or cards. I've tried calling, but the first couple of months I only got busy signals or no one answered at all. Now, the phone number is "invalid." Of course, there is no other phone number to call and even their website no longer says a word about gas redemption.

I read that they had changed their website to www.gasredemption.com, but again this results in a big fat goose egg. Bottom line, I'VE BEEN SCAMMED.

• Fl
    Florida Consumer Mar 02, 2009

I also have been collecting and submitting gas reciepts for 6 months with no reward. I finally got through to someone at Ashley Furniture that is familiar with this situation. They save me a Largo FL number 727 466-4384 to call. This number directed me to a website gasresults.com where I entered the freebeegas code and contact information. I entered my information on 2/25 and received a letter in the mail today - 3/2 from MDC Group Inc, apologizing for the situation, it included another $500 voucher program for claimyourgas.com (which appears to have no complaints on the Internet) and a 3 day/2 night hotel stay (for $50 deposit - yea right).
    My only complaint with claimyourgas is the number of solicitation possibilities that I had to respond "No" to. Hope I don't get a ton of solicitations.
    We'll see if this works better - I'll post the results when I receive my April reimbursement.

• Je
    Jerry O'Connor Mar 05, 2009

I started with this program last July and have received only two gift cards to date. I too am very much displeased with the service that this site is suppose to offer. I still submit receipts as they imply with the terms of agreement but in return I just get excuses. A class action suit should be submitted to these people at "freebeegas" and penalties to all those involved with this company should be given gas cards or certified checks for twice what they were promised by this company.

signed: Jerry

• Tb
    Tbrown567 Mar 07, 2009

Please check out this site: http://central-northern-western-arizona.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=30&bbb=1126&firm=1000001718. I got a letter from ASI giving me the Claimyourgas.com voucher. They stated they were A rated by BBB. This is not true. Although they do have a B rating and the BBB claims that is b/c of the length of time they have been operating. I, too, submitted lots of receipts to Freebegas, but fortunately, never had to pay any fees to begin. Let's see if this Claimyourgas.com works any better.

• Ki
    Kirk Hunley Mar 09, 2009

These bamboozlers known as freebeegas.com never sent one darn gas card to me after sending in gas receipts month after month per a contract agreement made back in July of 08. I garnished $300.00 in so called "gift cards" via a timshare tour I took (as a gift for taking the tour) so I warn any perspective timeshare buyers that if you take a tour, dont accept any free gas tokens and take the timeshare bucks and get hammered in the local bar and grill. This way you only have a headache the next day ...rather than for 8 months like the one I have had with these freebeegas phoneys !!

• Me
    merebear70 Mar 10, 2009

I bought furniture from Furniture & Appliance Mart in Rhineland WI. I have been submitting my receipts for my $500 gas cards ($25 per month). Yet I have not received anything from freebeegas.com in 5 month. Has anyone tried to go back to the store that was offering the redemption program?

Norma Cordova Mar 11, 2009

I have sent my $100. receipts for the months of Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, 2008 and Jan 2009 and have not received anything yet.

mary smith Mar 12, 2009

I HAD PURCHASED A UTILITY TRAILOR AND WAS GIVEN A $300.00 GAS CARD/
    EVERY MONTH THAT I SPENT $100.00 IN GAS @ THE SAME NAME STATION I COULD SEND IN MY RECIEPTS AND GET A $25.00 GIFT CARD.
    I HAD TO PAY UP FRONT A $5.00 MEMBERSHIP FEE.
    DID THAT...SENT IN MY $100.00 WORTH OF GAS RECIEPTS ..HOWEVER IT WAS SENT BACK TO ME ..(STATING FROM THE POST OFFICE.."REFUSED"
    THIS IS REDICILOUS!!
    I TRYED TO CALL THE NUMBER THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME AND ITS TELLING TO ME CHECKED THE NUMBER AND DIAL AGAIN..I DID NUMEROUS TIMES THO !!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices