Fred Meyer Gasdishonest business practice

At Fred Meyers gas at 3333 W. 11th Eugene Oregon 97402 I handed them my debit card and asked for $20 gas. My first purchase of the day. I checked my bank balance soon after and it was off by over $100! Fred Meyers gas, instead of keying in $20 has a default set at $125. They froze $125 dollars from my account with no warning and no authorization to do so. Now I have to wait two or three days before I get the money back. The very idea that you could have every cent that you have frozen for $20 gas is frightening and must be stopped immediately.

• To
    tony crooks Jul 18, 2017

On Wed., 7/12/2017 I bought gas at the Fred Meyers in Klamath Falls, Oregon. As I pulled in with my RV, the only pump available was behind an old black Winnebago RV with two cones placed behind it in the first pump so I pulled in ~5 feet behind the black RV to wait until he finished and departed. The attendant approached me and stated that the guy had overheated and would not be leaving any time soon and that he didn't want to "stress him out " so I couldn't use that pump and that is why the cones were set up to block the first pump which was operational - I pointed out that I was at that moment only feet from the pump and if it was working, I wouldn't even have to move for him to pump gas as that is the requirement in Oregon. He lashed back with an attitude and walked away saying "DO WHAT YOU WANT"! I answered, politely that it was Oregon and entirely up to him - he continued walking. Another attendant came over and filled up my tank - notably, he was meticulous about getting absolutely every ounce of gas he could into my tank - the black RV started up and the guy took off without difficulty and abruptly. There was a clear "wink and nod and laughter from your two attendants. Upon leaving, my RV was hesitant, missing, surging, underpowered on hills for the first time in 2000 miles - contaminated gas was the clear reason for this. I drove to Susanville with this issue the whole way and put 15 gallons of new gas and a can of SeaFoam from the local Walmart in and the problem resolved all the way to Minden, Nevada. So, here is the deal, something weird was going on at your Fred Meyer's and I stumbled into it - either a drug deal, gas heist, whatever and your attendant staff were complicit in the deal with the black RV owner. The pump was clearly down due to contamination with water in the lines and the guys basically did a screw you pal to me for interrupting their "game" - easy enough for you to confirm with the maintenance record and other complaints from people on that day. My RV has run absolutely smoothly since l left Susanville and since arriving back home - water in the gas was the culprit and your staff acted with malice. It is absolutely true that one person who complains connects with 80 other and it grows from there. I want to give corporate responsible parties at Fred Meyers the chance to look into this but the friends I have told thus far were pretty vocal about their reaction and response to your store in question. If I do not hear back in 5 business days fro you, I will report this to the Oregon attorney general as described and suggest an investigation of that store and I will certainly tell as many people as I can about the episode. It is up to you, as I will be heading up to Seattle and Tacoma several times this year and will spread the message far and wide so people can evaluate for themselves how they view your store - and your service recovery practices - choose wisely - A now quite militant consumer instead of a happy customer.