Fred MeyerAdvertised amazon fire 7 kids edition, advertised as a special

G Dec 13, 2019

Yesterday Thursday December 12, 2019, I visited the local Fred Meyer Store to purchase their Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet that had been advertised as a special two days prior. After looking all over the department for the item I approached the sales person to ask for help. I showed him the ad I had cut out of the paper and he looked at it and said, "Oh, we don't have that one...we haven't had that one for over two weeks; to which I replied, but you just advertised it;, to which he replied, "I don't know why they do that." I became very angry because this is the third year in a row I have gone into your electronic department for holiday specials and was told they did not have the item, when it was just advertised. The first time was a laptop special that I was told the shipment did not come in; I asked for the manager and he told me there was nothing he could do; the second year, just as this year it was an Amazon Fire Kids tablet special and I ended up walking away disgusted that this item was not available even on the day the ad appeared in the paper; this year I am very upset because I feel it is deceptive advertising and disgusted with myself because I let the salesperson talk me into buying a cheaper tablet (that I am returning today) as I really wanted a tablet for her Christmas present and at age 83 am not able to travel around the city to other stores looking for the item and probably paying the regular price for it versus the price you advertised. If this has happened to me three years in a row, I feel this is the norm and is being used as a "bait" to get customers into your store. I am considering contacting the Better Business bureau with regard to this as I feel it is a store practice of deceptive advertising and should be reported. I also feel it is wrong for your customer service people to have to try to justify this corporate behavior that they had nothing to do with. I have shopped over the years at Fred Meyer; it is convenient to my home and overall the quality I like I can find there, however this third incident has me questioning if I will ever go back and expect to find an advertised "special." I am generally not a complainer, but I believe this situation requires I speak to you about my great disappointment...I have given it three chances!

Ester B. Huey