Four Points Hotels by Sheratonunauthorized credit card holder

D Jul 21, 2019

I reserved my room on July 12, 2019 for a room reservation for July 20th through the 21st. and a hold was placed on my card for the reservation. Upon arrival to the hotel an additional hold was placed on my card which was more than the amount of the actual room.
At this time I spoke to the manager on duty she stated that it was a mistake and she could not fix it to call my credit card company to see if they would remove the hold. My credit card company could not reverse the hold stating that the hotel should do this if not I would have to file for a dispute and this would take several days.
I had the credit card merchant tell the manager this information. She stated that it was just a mistake and the credit card company has the problem. I asked her to speak with her supervisor she gave me the 1-800 customer service number and although they were very concerned they could not do anything to resolve the issue. During check out the hold was still on my account. I have stayed at various mariott locations and have never felt this disregarded as a customer. This has caused me to reevaluate my thoughts about Marriot and there customer services specifically at this location.

Very Dissatisfied customer [protected]@hotmail.com