Flybuysrip off

M

When I got my Flybuys statement I had enough points to redeem a few $20 gift cards and went online to do so. However, it seems this cannot be done anymore - the full amount being redeemed just gets put on your Flybuys card.
I have four family members who hold my Flybuys card in their names, and I want to be able to share the rewards with them, and/or give the gift card/s to whomever I like. No longer possible! It all goes in one lump sum on my card!!!
Because I still want to share my reward, I tried to purchase gift cards with my rewards money. Remember, this is MY MONEY I have earned!!! and was told I cannot purchase gift cards with the rewards money. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
It is now not worth redeeming my points, or even using the Flybuys any more card if I cannot redeem my rewards in the way I choose... Your loss Coles. I'll do all my shopping elsewhere.

• At
    atubery Mar 10, 2014

Flybuys are ripping of customers... you are bombarded with offers you accept the offers by clicking and then the credit is not passed on When complaining by phone as there is no proper email address...they will not credit what you are supposed to get because they have no authority RIP OFF BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE her name was Cathlyn and the care factor was zero

• To
    Tony in Mango Hill Apr 14, 2019

Same deal, it was like talking to a brick wall, I spent 5 minutes trying to get the lady to stop talking and listen to my complaint, but she just kept talking. She'd make a good politician, never listens to the question, just talks about what she wants to talk about. What is with this activation anyway ? She claimed we lose the points because we didn't activate in time... so I guess the answer it to throw out their system and simply activate every offer that comes through... or better still, and probably my solution, just shop at woolies, a far simpler program there, just shop and every 2000 points they credit you $10, simple, easy, Coles take note... and good buy.

• Al
    Al Santos Jun 11, 2019

I’ve scanned my flybuys card instead of my husband and told the store if I can just return all the things I’ve bought then re-scan so I can scan the flybuys card of my hubby where we have the $50 off when you spend $80 or more for each week until 4 weeks. Store said no need just call 131116 and flybuys will sort it out. After explaining situation, lady on the phone insisted nothing she could do about because I’ve scanned the wrong card. Isn’t that supposed to be your responsibility to help me sort out the issue? Plus store instructed me the wrong info. This is supposed to be the 3rd week and 1 more week, we can avail of the $50. Not happy at all! I’m now going to just shop at woolies or Aldi!

• El
    eliza! Nov 26, 2019

I will also be cutting up my flybuys cards and moving too Woolworths. Your loss Coles. When I went to redeem my flybuys points recently, I discovered the card I had been using for more than 10 years was not registered in my name. Flybuys would not give me the registered name over the phone for privacy reasons. Fair enough. But when I asked them to contact the registered owner to clear up the confusion, they refused, saying this would also be a breach of privacy. Wrong, Coles and flybuys. Contacting one of your own customers can never be a breach of privacy. However, my bigger concern is that fact that it appears to be impossible to lodge a written (email) complaint with flybuys. Selecting "contact us" simply takes you back into a loop that ends with the "privacy protecting" phone answerer. Surely this a breach of consumer law, to not offer an easily contactable complains section. I will be taking this matter up with Fair Trading.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices