Florida Blue (BCBS)health insurance payment refund

Y Review updated:

I was paying for my bcbs health insurance directly (my company did not have hi at the time). When my company then started to offer hi I had to sign up as the direct payment was being paid by them and I was told they would be discontinuing and I would have to choose once of the insurances they were offering. The first week in feb 2016, I was told that the insurance would be starting as of feb 1. I called florida blue immediately to cancel the insurance (feb 8) and they said they would issue a refund of my feb payment. I have just called and they said I am not entitled because at the time I cancelled they had received the payment and the term date was already set for feb 29th. I asked why was I not told that at the time. My husband did the same thing with his aetna payment and received a prompt refund. The person I spoke to said there is no way I will get a refund no matter what I do. The reference number is [protected] person jazma b. It is simply shameful - I said why would I pay for 2 health insurances - I called as soon as I knew that the company insurance started feb 1 and they assured me of the refund. I am being punished because I pay my bills on time - she said you should have just not paid. I would like to get my refund. How can you help me?

• F
      May 19, 2016

Hello, sorry for the issues you are experiencing, Can you please email us at [protected]@floridablue.com with your full name and policy information for additional help? Thank you.