Flight Centrefailing to refund in a timely mannor

O Review updated:

Purchased and prepaid for British Airways tickets from Flight Centre. Flight Centre stuff up bookings and failed to notify us in a timely manner of the stuff up, thus leaving an under aged child stranded in the UK.

We contacted Flight Centre and requested a refund within the terms and conditions of our contract.

British Airways refunded Flight Centre for the tickets with 2 business days of the cancellation occurring. Well done British Airways!

However it took Flight Centre a FURTHER 6 WEEKS to refund! During that 6 week period Flight Centre used the excuse that British Airways had not refunded them, however this was not true as we had proof from British Airways that they had refunded the money. In the meantime I had to purchase other tickets from Qantas - Qantas to their credit gave us discounted flights and really looked after us.

Moral of the above - BOOK DIRECT with the Airlines and DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM FLIGHT CENTRE!!!

In my opinion FLIGHT CENTRE are deceptive in their conduct and I certainly won't use them again. I have also heard of simular stories from other friends as well in relation to Flight Centre.

• Updated by Vika Toga · Jan 06, 2019

no voucher-itinerary provided.

• Vi
    Vika Toga Jan 23, 2019

On my holiday, recently I was expected to pay a further 1500 FJD. the agent(flight centre) didn't provide me with voucher, itinaray. which caused stress when I should've been holidaying

• Gz
    Gza May 23, 2016

Flight centre 6 The pavement Clapham Common charged me £570.35 for the exact same flight I found online for £489.15. The advisor was Charlotte turton. Who seemed to be in a hurry to sell me the flight, telling me I wouldn't find it cheaper online.
    I will never set foot in another flight centre again. I'd say check skyscanner before using flight centre.

Elizabeth1972 Feb 05, 2012

Tips for travelling:
    I have just had to cancel a trip to travel on the Rocky Mountaineer that I booked through FlightCentre. You would not believe how much money organisations pocket when they book something for you! I am grateful however for the employee who was the 'go betweener' for myself and the organisation.

I paid $2375 pp (total $4750) for this trip through FlightCentre. Yesterday they told me they would only refund me $1412 pp (Total $2824 refund) in which I will be losing $1926 total from this cancellation through them. There was still over 80 days to go before this trip was to be had. But you would not believe this so read on...

I have just finished speaking direct with the Rocky Mountaineer Consultants (trip that I had booked) in Canada including the Wholesaler Department at 2.11am yesterday morning. They have informed me:
    1. If I had of booked directly through them they would only be charging $133 per person per ticket cancelling today, and I could cancel direct through them.
    2. That their cancellation fee is only $133 per person cancelling today, and that is all they will charge FlightCentre, however as I booked through a wholesaler I need to cancel through them. The Wholesaler Department stated that they can only tell me their fees, but I may also be applicable for cancellation fees direct through the wholesaler and they could not tell me these as it was the wholesaler who set these.
    3. The Wholesaler conditions is completely different to the cancellation fee from Rocky Mountaineer, that is, Rocky Mountaineer has their cancellation fee of $133 per person, plus the Wholesaler would then probably have their cancellation fees with me direct.
    4. in the future to save difficutlies book directly through them via phone or online and if I cancel or change the ticket it will not be so expensive as going through a travel agent / wholesaler
    5. As the ticket is not booked directly through them I have to advise the travel agent and they need to cancel it.

I am somewhat disappointed that firstly I was told by FlightCentre that it was only $600 per person to cancel if done outside the 60 days (email 13 January), then to discover yesterday that I will lose half of each ticket because the Wholesalers (btw their wholesaler is Infinity Rail which is owned and operated as a part of the Flight Centre Limited Group) quoted the wrong cancellation pricing to me. It is also disappointing to know that it only costs to cancel direct through the Rocky Mountaineer $133 per person, which leaves me with the thought of who is pocketing all the money from cancellation? This means that someone pockets $1926!

So if you are travelling, be wise. I have learnt this - do your own bookings if you dont want to lose money, ask if they are booking through a Wholesaler and what the Wholesalers cancellation fees are because they can be different to who you are directly booking through and they can be added on - ask for the Wholesaler cancellation policy. The rest of the trip to Canada I had booked myself and wola, I got all my money refunded back to me for that as there was still over 80 days to go!

FlightCentre, please stop changing your cancellation policy and telling a customer one thing only to tell them a couple of weeks later 'sorry we made a mistake about our cancellation policy. It is actually this much more expensive!'

elguido Jul 04, 2011

Flight Centre are the McDonalds of travel Agents.Poorly trained, inexperienced staff will cost you money everytime.Do yourself a favour and book your own travel plans, at least then any mistakes are your own.Caveat Emptor

elguido Jul 04, 2011

Dont use Flight Centre they are the McDonalds of travel.Poorly trained staff will cost you money everytime.Book your own travel arrangements.At least then your mistakes are your own.Why pay someone to make them for you? Caveat Emptor.

• FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    (Free-Press-Release.com) January 29, 2011 --
    In a desperate attempt to collect her travel agency commissions, Marjorie Lopez of FlightCentre.ca located in Vancouver at 620 Robson Street, made false and misleading statements to gain the customers confidence and book their travel plans.

Customer complaints were ignored and the customer was advised that he signed the terms. Customer advised incompetant staff that the travel agent Marjorie Lopez specifically advised that the customer would receive an Ocean View Room, and provided false, misleading and inaccurate information to the client.

Comments:

The customer paid $700 more than the regular priced hotel room and was promised an Ocean Front Deluxe room. Upon their arrival in Mexico, they received a room facing the biggest forest once could imagine said the customer. After making numerous trips to the front desk and getting the run around they were finally given a standard room facing the ocean, but what they could see was barely the ocean, and were forced to stay in the room, hoping that they would receive some compensation from the travel agent.

In a desperate attempt to collect her commission the agent blames the hotel, and then the company Signature Vacations advising that they were responsible for the error and later stated it would be resolved.

After several months, the customer received no response, and has now decided to go public to advise would be travellers that they should beware of the promises made by Flight Center Canada and their employees.

Therefore, we highly recommend that you do not book your travel with Flight Centre, and there are many repoutable travel companies who will give you what you paid for and not ripp you off.

This is the latest warnign from a customer who was recently ripped off by this online company.

FLIGHT CENTRE DON'T BOOK TRAVEL PLANS WITH FLIGHTCENTRE.CA UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF Complaints - DON'T BOOK WITH FLIGHT CENTRE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF flight center vancouver flight center robson st flight center flight center canada flight centre flight centre robson street flight centre robson street flight centre vancouver Flight Centre, travel agency, vacation packages, airline tickets, cheap flights, discount travel deals, travel, vacation, airline, tickets, tours, hotels, holidays, cruises

Comments

• Rm
    rm4119 Sep 21, 2010

Bought Air NZ tickets from Flight Centre on their website and the terms and conditions that were presented to me at the time of the booking (in a separate pop-up box) said "as per NZ rules" under cancellation and change of date.
    When I called Air NZ, they told me it was $300 to cancel and $120 to change dates. I called Flight Centre to confirm, their so-called "consultant" (everyone is called one these days... working in management consulting industry myself, I find it very annoying) told me it was $700 and $300 repectively! After 10 email correspondences and aksing to forward me to someone else with more experience, she finally said what I gathered from Air NZ were all correct - they totally lack in professionalism and training, or they just try to con you and charge additaionl $400 on cancellation. So beware!!

In her every email, she ended "hope this clarifies", while they clarified nothing and only raised even more questions. I had an impression that she was just quick to put an end on the situation without making any effort to actually resolve the situation.

I would never use them again, I will always book through Air NZ website.

• Flight Centre also misrepresents the travel insurance it sell through the Royal Bank of Canada. The sales people are so greedy for commission that they LIE about the extent of the cancellation coverage sold by the RBC which is useless. Both corporations are guilty of deliberatly misrepresenting and selling cancellation insurance and are NOT ACTING IN GOOD FAITH. The Flight Centres in Calgary, Alberta, Canada are particulary notorious for horrendous customer service.
    Everyone tell your friends to avoid both Fight Centre and RBC travel insurance at ALL costs... they are scammers and corporate criminals of the first degree!

• Mo
    momology167 May 18, 2010

Never use flight centre. They are just full of shady tactics, and it's very evident the sales reps only care about their numbers. They don't care two [censor] about who their talking to, and they are full of empty promises. I lost 100 bux b/c some [censor] told me the wrong information, and when I tried to get my money back, he just dodged me all month.

• Ct
    CT Funkmonkey Apr 16, 2010

Youre lucky, I have settled in the UK after booking a return flight from Melbourne to London, and dont wish to go back to Aus unless i can afford to get back here again afterwards. They have told me it would take 12 weeks IF they can do it at all, and IF they can, i would have to magically show up at the flight centre office in Geelong, Australia (From the UK) as they would not put it in my account, or send me a cheque.
    Also on the updated T and Cs is a refund may incur a cost of up to 100% of the original charge. So basically, requesting a refund, may cost you the cost of the entire flight in the first place.

• Sm
    S magulova Symbat Mar 14, 2010

I COUDNT REFUND MY TICKET IN BA THEY JUST SAID THAT THEY LL REFUND BUT DIDNT DO LIKE THAT I REALY DISAPOINTED FROM SERVICE OF BA VERY BAD SERVICE