Menu

G
Author of the complaint
9:20 am EDT
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up to Fantastic Services membership in February 2022. After having an overall decent feedback in the past few months, I had a bad surprise when using them the last time.

The £89/year membership is advertised and explained as providing £300 credits, to be used across 10 different services, on top of some more favourable rates.

As of today, I had received £30 discount from the credits for each service: oven cleaning, afterbuilders cleaning, removals, end of tenancy cleaning, plumbing and handyman.

I booked a service for mounting a TV and a few other items to walls and asked during the booking if all membership discounts would apply - which was confirmed to me.

Retrospectively, I found out that the £30 discount wasn't applied. When inquiring with customer support, I was told they wouldn't apply the discount because they categorized the service as handyman and I had already used it before.

It is clearly misleading from their side to clarify this retrospectively. I genuinely and honestly believed "across 10 different services" meant credits could be used in 10 distinct events - not that I had to chose from different service categories and exhaust the credit after that. I believe they should have clarified that when explicitly asked if I would benefit from the discounts. They also refuse to categorize my service as TV mounting - which is what it was in fact and would make me eligible to use the £30 credit.

All in all, the membership terms are misleading and the customer service is not customer centric but rather exploit unclear terms.

Update by Giacomo VP
Jun 30, 2022 10:40 am EDT

Similar to other users, I signed up to the membership for the £300 credits - only to find out later that I basically can't use them anymore. The customer services continues pointing to T&Cs and are totally unreasonable when I explain they misled me and provided wrong answers. Too bad, cause some of the people doing the job are actually good people.

More Fantastic Services complaints & reviews

Fantastic Services - Domestic cleaning: damage to property, disrespectful and food stolen
Fantastic Services - End of tenancy cleaning / new club member
Fantastic Services - Kitchen renovation
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Fantastic Services - Fantastic club payment illegally taken - £158 taken from my bank / using my card details
Fantastic Services - Bed bugs pest control