Fandango Media company logo
Fandango Media
reviews & complaints
Fandango Media
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

110 complaints
18 resolved 92 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Fandango Media reviews & complaints 161 - 110

Fandango Media complaints 110

Fandango Media - movie gift cards

Do not purchase fandango gift cards. I decided this year to purchase movie gift cards for my whole family for christmas. They cards are only redeemable on line and out of four couples I purchased them for, only one was able to actually use the cards. They had to download an app to get the tickets. Two of the other couples, were computer savvy but were so frustrated trying to use the cards, they gave up. One person called fandango three times trying to use the card and work through the problem she was having on line and she was unsuccessful. The last couple I purchased them for loves to go to the movie but they are older and don't even have a computer. So this is terrible terrible customer service. When I reached out to fandagno, their response was... Quote unquote... This is just the way it is. So I find myself embarrassed and angry. No one in my family told me until recently about the problems or I would have tried to resolve the problem sooner. Very very deceiving and extremely poor customer service. Fandango has now lost a customer. I will not visit their theatres again.

Fandango Media - expired/used cards

Purchased Fandango Gift cards (2 x $15.00) only to be told the cards were first expired and then that they had been used. While talking (via live text from the FANDANGO Web site) to resolved the issue, the FANDANGO representative disconnected from the conversation. Written complaints to FANDANGO result is return emails that I have not submitted correctly (directions were followed EXACTLY). Either the FANDANGO representatives are located in a third country and do not speak english sufficiently or this is a scam they work to hope I give up and stop trying to resolve the error on their part. BEWARE: Do NOT use Fandango's Services online unless you are willing to throw your money away as there does not appear to be any consumer service or a criminal intent in not responding or resolving fraud.

Jan 18, 2015

Fandango Media - beware of fandango gift cards!

Do not purchase a fandago gift card before reading this. I received 3-$15.00 gift cards over the holidays from a wonderful young couple who know I love going to the movies. They were excited to give me what they thought was a great gift that I could use to buy tickets, popcorn, drinks, etc. At the movie theater. When I arrived at the theater to use my card, I was told by the box office that fandango gift cards can only be used to buy movie tickets online and nothing else. I was angry and disappointed. After the long drive home, I went to the fandango website to buy a ticket for the next day's movie. As I suspected, there was an additional $1.35 "convenience fee" for each ticket. My $7.25 senior citizen ticket would become an $8.60 ticket. There should be a huge disclaimer on these "gift cards" that they can only be used to purchase movie tickets online and that there is an additional "convenience fee" added to the price of each ticket. Better yet, these rip-off "gift cards" should not be sold in retail stores at all. I feel worse for the young couple who gave me the gift cards than I do for myself. $45.00 is a lot of money for them, and they thought it was such a wonderful gift. I am beyond furious.

As stated above, this company only sells online tickets, that is the whole point, the convenience to be able to buy before hand and for many different theaters instead of just one, and it IS stated on the gift card so it is not their fault that neither you or your friend bothered to read it, if a $1, 35 fee is that important to you, you would thinm youd be more careful to read

Fandango is a company that sells Movie Tickets only... They are not the owners of the theaters...
In addition, Fandango ALWAYS charges a fee for ordering the tickets...

Sorry if you and/or the people that bought the tickets did not know this. The biggest advantage is that you can buy the tickets BEFORE going to the theater so that you need not worry about sell outs, long lines, etc...

Fandango Media - steals your money

They charge you twice and then refuse to issue a refund, based on policy. I was able to get a refund from the movie theater for the tickets, but was told I would have to contact Fandango to refund...

Fandango Media - worst service!

If I could give this 0 stars I would! Fandango has the worst customer service! I order tickets and never got the confirmation email. They only have you enter your email once, so I wondered if maybe I missed a letter. Why would they only have you input your email once?! I then wanted to exchange for a later time so I called their service number. They have an option on the electronic prompt to choose someone to speak to regarding refunds. When I finally spoke with someone they told me that fandango and regal have a strict no refund policy! I asked why there was an option in the first place if they cant do it?! He then told me that they can't exchange either and that my best option is to buy the tickes for the time I want, call them back with the new order number and ask to refund the old ones where they will send to their investigations department that will contact me in 3-5 business days letting me know if they can refund me or not. They wanted me to buy two sets of tickets to be contacted to see if they can refund me! I asked to speak to a supervisor and he stated there was no one available. I asked to be placed on hold until one became available, he said "its not good customer service to have me wait on hold" well its not good customerservice to tell me to buy my tickes a second time to only tell me that they may or may not reimburse me. I told him I wanted to be contacted by a supervisor as soon as one became available by phone and he told me their phones don't dial out! I work at a call center and I know that this is not the case. He then promised me that I will get an emial from a supervisor that night. This was on wednesday, I didnt get an email until saturday. Worst customer service ever. I then called regal and they told me I could exchange them at the theater.

Some call centers cannot call out, and they have a no refund policy which is clearly stated when you purchase tickets

C
Oct 04, 2014

Fandango Media - spam violation

I signed up and purchased tickets last night and
specifically asked to not receive marketing emails in the privacy settings. This morning I received two SPAMS and there is no opt-out at the bottom. (a violation internet rules). I rechecked my settings and no communication boxes were checked. So I got online with their chat and complained. The agent checked and came back and said I have reset your account and you will not receive any marketing emails, I have fixed it. 5 minutes later I got a SPAM email with 90% advertisements asking to review the movie I went to last night. This email did have an opt-out box specific to "reviews". Don't they understand what "I do not want to be communicated with" means? This is a sleasy company that has no privacy protections and you should never connect with them if you value your privacy.

C

Fandango Media - failure to deliver product

Purchased movie theater tickets online and paid with PayPal. Website could not print tickets or text to mobile as indicated. When I complained via Web Chat, they said they would look in and couldn't find the confirmation number that their email showed. Said it would take 7-10 days to let me know if I could get a refund. Asked them to void PayPal charge. Would not do so, said that they might directly refund at some future point. Would have to look into it. It is now 10 days and the charge is still "Pending" at PayPal and I have had no contact from Fandango. I spent an inordinate amount of time communicating with them, but apparently no one has the authority to do more than forward on my demand for the PayPal charge to be cancelled.

went to the web, typed in "Into Darkness" tickets. Fandango came up, clicked on the theater, clicked on the time, entered the 5 adults and 2 children, paid and hit print . . . the tickets came up "Iron Man 3" nothing on page will help... 75 bucks poof
f... Fandango

A

Fandango Media - directed to wrong theater and they will not submit a refund

New York City: I purchased two tickets via Fandango 08/07/2014. Their website directed me to a theater in another state.
When I contacted them via their live customer support stated that their website directed me to a theater in another state, Tiffany informed me that they would not refund either my purchase OR my AMC Rewards Credit. Essentially I am out the entire transaction. I requested to be put through to a Supervisor and was told that no Supervisor was available (I printed the transcript). I was given a telephone number for Fandango Voice Customer Support at: [protected] which I then called. Louisa told me the same thing. They are "sorry" but can't help. I asked for a Supervisor and was told that none was available. Persistently I informed them that it wasn't feasible that an organization couldn't have a manager available during business hours. I told Louisa that I would respectfully requested that she give me a manager's name and their hours that they worked and that I would call back during that time. She placed my on hold and tried to place the purchase onus on me and I corrected her that her website caused the issue. That's when she informed me that my call was being recorded. I made Louisa then state the their website caused the issue and that Fandango refused to refund me for my purchase and that they were also retaining my $10 from my AMC Rewards.

Fandango Media - gift card don&t buy!!!

Move over, there's a new F word in town. I could not be more disgusted with this company. I will never ever buy/give/use a F card again and will tell everyone I know why it is not worth it. Read other complaints and you can see I am not alone. They do not accept their F cards as cash at theatres so you have to purchase at their F online site and pay their online F fees per ticket (how nice for them). Then to try and redeem and checkout if you need to pay it has some bassackward nonfunctional system that says there is an it internal error and directs you to "F click here" when you do, you get no explanation as to why there was an error, you are simply sent straight back to the same F checkout window where you re-enter with the same results over and over and over. WTFandango? Everyone's time is worth more than navigating their system is worth. By then, the movie is going to start, you just need to skip the card use, and head out the door. But, wait, there's live F chat! Don't bother. The matter of your time and major inconvenience is not their concern. They have missed the customer service mark on this one- by the time someone is so irritated and taking the time to live chat, it is beyond just "how can I please spend more time trying to buy my ticket." They've got your money and they'd like to not give you a ticket in exchange. You won't be heard.

Our daughter gave us a $25 Fandango gift card. While our local theatres are listed at the top, when you go to the theatre itself, it says, "Fandango not accepted at this location." This gift card is a big time scam. Shame on Kroger for selling the gift cards to unsuspecting people wanting to purchase gifts.

Fandango Media - unable to redeem gift card

Tried repeatedly to redeem my gift card, obtained "live chat help" and was of no help and unable to make it work even with my providing him the code numbers. After an hour of "live chat help" trying to help they told me it might be a problem with my computer. $100 was given to this company and no satisfactory means of redeeming was provided. I will be having the gifter cancel this transaction on their credit card and get their money back and I strongly encourage everyone to not use the Fandango web site.

Worst card Ive ever used, been on the phone for over an hour, and still cant buy tickets, live help telling me that I have to erase cookies on my computer to buy tickets. DO NOT BUY FANDANGO GIFT CARDS! Also it costs an extra dollar fifty for each ticket!

I have used Fandago gift cards and NEVER had a problem... Just a thought, Maybe it was a UNPAID gift card because it was not activated properly at the time of purchase.

Fandango Media - slow confirmation

I would advise you not to purchase Fandango gift cards this holiday season. To begin with they charge $1.25 to use the card for a $9.75 theater admission. When I used the card I wasn't able to get the senior discount. I used the card online fifteen minutes before I needed to leave for the movie. Fandango didn't send the confirmation until thirty minutes later and I had already left for the theater. When I returned I called their customer service number to ask for a refund and after holding for fifty minutes I gave up. It wasn't worth it to me to waste so much time to get an eleven dollar refund. You might be able to use the card if you reserve the movie plenty early and don't mind the $1.25 charge each time you use it.

Fandango jumps over all your emails etc. Asking to review them for a free ticket. I take 30 minis of my time to finish the review, there is never a free ticket or discount waiting or me..

G
May 03, 2013

Fandango Media - fraud

Alphonzo (Listening) Alphonzo: Thank you for contacting Fandango Customer Support. My name is Alphonzo. How may I assist you today? adam : I attempted to purchase tickets for iron man, bluffton sc...

Fandango Media - rip-off!

My sister gave me a Fandango gift card for $25.00. I looked up the theaters in my area that use Fandango. My husband and I went to three theaters that supposedly accepted the card, and were told "no". Then, when we finally found a theater that did accept the card, they refused to take it over the counter. They said "you have to do it online". But now we're 30 minutes from home, and the movie starts in 10 minutes. My husband used his cell phone to redeem the card. Fandango charges an additional fee... FOR USING THE INTERNET... which we were forced to do. Now the bill is fifty cents higher than the amount on the gift card. So I have to stand there and put my credit card number into a cell phone in a crowded theater lobby to pay a lousy fifty cents so we can HOPEFULLY get into the theater before the movie starts. What a rip off. They get money on both ends? The gift giver pays for buying the card, and the gift receiver pays for using it? And "most major theaters" accept the card, only they really don't? They should rename this company "Fiasco".

I totally agree with the above comments. They set up the site as a legitimate theatre source for tickets. The small print on the side is misleading, thinking "points are included" instead of convenience fee included. Can one send a complaint to authorities? I would willingly take the time to lodge such a complaint.

If someone gives you a Fandango card RE-GIFT it. DO not buy what a rip off. Good luck getting someone on the phone to.

BEWARE OF ILLEGITIMATE CHARGES! was just charged a $4 "convenience fee" for buying two tickets! WHAT A RIP OFF! I saw nothing about any extra charges when purchasing the tickets...I only noticed it when I saw my email from them! AND YOU CAN'T GET A REFUND! So I will stand in line for two minutes from now on and I will tell all my friends to NEVER USE FANDANGO!

Same thing here, given to us as a gift, no theaters accept the card, went to the movies could not use the card only on line. On line the web site won't work call their support line they can not make it work. After 45 minutes with support I finally get one movie ticket for the $25 card ticket cost $16.75 no way to use the balance. RIP OFF
Fandanggo is a scam

Same thing here in Indiana, got a $25 gift card, and I cannot even redeem the damn thing online. it's basically a crappy little bookmark. What a rip off.

What a rip off. I too received $45 in gift certificates. I too was told at the counter that I have to redeem the certificate online. When I returned to the theater I waited in line with others purchasing tickets for the same movie. When I finally received my tickets I was awarded with the knowledge that I paid an additional $1.25 for this "convenience" .

L
Nov 27, 2012

Fandango Media - I will not be able to trust this vendor again

Convenient if everything works well. However, Fandango was not willing to resolve a dispute. They accepted a credit card that was not accepted at the movie theater kiosk. Therefore, purchased tickets were not available. Their recommended remediation could not be accomplished because they had not provided information that they said was needed to contact the theater. Poor service ruins a good idea. I will not be able to trust this vendor again.

i purchased two movie tickets $18/ticket and while filling credit card information, i was shown $36 charge but when I confirmed, i was charged $40 without any mention of extra $4.

Fandango Media - failure to honor gift card

I purchased a gift card for my brother-in-law who helped me do some work at my home in Tampa, FL. He and his wife tried using the card at Rogers Cinema in Wisconsin Rapids, WI shortly after receiving it and the cinema did not honor it. So, when they returned to this year for a visit, I tried to get back the $50 I spent for the card and the idiots at Fandango wrote that the card should have been used within 90 days of the purchase and that my complaint should have been sent in within 90 days. This is total ###. The folks to whom I sent that card live in the wilds and don't get out often. They returned the card to us on their visit to us this year and we were sent an email from Frandago stating cannot use that money even now, due to the 90 day limitation. This is not good policy, and I recommend that no one use these ### EVER. Not once, while I was purchasing the gift card was I notified there was a 90 day limit on the use of the card, and now I'm told I gave my money to them for free, without getting anything at all in return. They stole my money, plain and simple, and I do not recommend to others using them, EVER. I shall write many of reviews to as many websites as I can about Fandango's evil ways. The name Fandango will be associated with the worst businesses online if what I write is heard.

Fandango Media - not honoring vouchers

Buying a "deal" for Fandango via LivingSocial is a very bad idea! There are hidden expiration dates that don't appear on the voucher you print out, then Fandango cuts your savings to the point of costing you more than if you never went to Fandango to begin with. I had a horrible experience with customer service reps "Colin" and "Tony" and received no satisfaction. I recommend using entertainment book savings coupons or costco/AAA discount tickets at the box office, and skipping Fandango and their paper bag puppets and poor customer service. This deal was no deal!

Fandango Media - poor customer service

Fandango is perhaps the worst run company in the history of mass entertainment. Apparently buying tickets for a 12:35 am showing on Saturday July 21st REALLY means you are buying tickets for 12:35 am on Sunday July 22nd. The confirmation email sent clearly stated 12:35 am Saturday July 21st 2012 as the date of the movie. Furthermore, their customer service reps will then proceed to fight with you. Their level 1 representative lied about what information my order confirmation provided stating that Sunday Morning was printed on the email and confirmation page. Their supervisor then explain that Ishould understand the inner workings of theater operations because I would have known when my movie was actually playing.

No compensation offered beyond a refund for putting their customer out and ruining an enjoyable evening. Let this be a lesson, for want of a silly $5 credit on future purchases, Fandango has permanently lost this customer and hopefully any other customers I can persuade.

Fandango Media - deceptive practices

I had ordered tickets from Fandango and unfortunately had the wrong date on them. I called cust svc and waited 2x for over 20 minutes...When I inquired to either have dates changed or refund my money, I was informed they could do neither. I had to repurchase a ticket before they could refund my money then I had to call back. Terrible policies and a ripoff. I ended up speaking to 3 people and then asked for a supervisor ( I waited on the phone for another 17 min). HORRIBLE CUST SVC. She did eventually return my money but it was only after I had told her I filed a grievance with Pay-pal and the BBB. I will never use them again and I will be sure and tell everyone I know.

They did a similar thing to me. I bought 2 tickets for a show tomorrow. After I paid, the tickets were electronically delivered with today's date. I waited about 35 minutes to speak to a customer rep online and he told me they did not issue refunds unless I agreed to purchase 2 more tickets for tomorrow! I said I will do that if you will guarantee me a refund for the incorrectly issued tickets. He said he could not do that and that customer service will review my claim and get back to me in 5 to 7 business days! Ridiculously unfair and short-sighted.
Warning: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FANDANGO ... THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

This just happened to me as well. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. In my case, I showed up to the theater to be told that the film was cancelled. The theater told me that it could not issue refunds, but Fandango can. They gave me Fandango's number. If you call Fandango and state the theater you purchased tickets at, the automated system responds that Fandango does not issue refunds. If you write an email to Fandango customer service, you will be notified that it will take 5-7 days to get a response, and not even a refund. I called customer service and was given the same rigamarole as you. The representative told me that I would have to purchase new tickets to get a refund. I know of no other business--from Whole Foods to a mom and pop shop to Macy's--that does not issue immediate refunds for services not rendered. I recommend that you go to the Better Business Bureau's website and file a complaint. You can litigate the charge. You can also call your bank and have them litigate on your behalf. American Express is particularly good about this.

D
Feb 17, 2012

Fandango Media - non fulfillment

I purchased a voucher - 2 movie tickets for $12 on Nov 12, 2011. On Jan 10the, 2012 (2 days BEFORE the expiration date) I entered the voucher # at www.DigitalDoorstep.com to redeem a code in order to use the voucher. I was informed that Digital Doorstep was no longer issuing redemption numbers online. At their request, I gave them my address, and they told me (by email) they would mail me a "Secure PIN withein 5 days". A month later, on Feb 8th, 2012 I contacted Digital Doorstep as I had not received a "Secure Pin". I was then informed that "Effective Immediately they had stopped the processing of code requests. I was directed to return to the website where you purchased the voucher and they will issue a refund". I have tried Fandango and they claim that because I contacted them after the expiration date they will not honor the voucher. Is anyone going to take responsibility?

Fandango Media - misleading

Fandango lists all of these movie theaters who "supposedly" participate in Fandango Bucks. When I selected the local theater in Orlando, Fl...it says in small print at the top that the theater does not participate in Fandango. After calling the theater, they confirmed it. Fandango is a glorified movie theater directory that leads you to think buying movie tickets will be easier online. It is not! I can not find a theater in Orlando that participates with this company. Perhaps because it is a scam ...F U fandango. I am unable to get my $50 back from the corporate office also. No refunds. They are direct about that and misleading when trying to get your cash.

I purchased tickets through Fandando on Aug. 17.

They immediately after sent me an email stating, "Your tickets are in the bag. Your purchase comes with a complimentary $2 Amazon MP3 credit. Within 48 hours, Fandango will send your Amazon MP3 download code in a separate e-mail. Your confirmation information appears below."

They never sent the $2 Amazon MP3 credit. When I contacted them 27 days later, they told me I was too late because the codes expired Aug. 31. The email they sent promising them had no expiration date (see attachment) so how can they expect me to know that the codes expired.

After a few calls to Phill and Steve (supervisor) at Fandando Customer Service (toll-free at [protected], from 6am to 10pm Pacific Time, seven days a week) they both admitted that they had actually run out of the free codes before they had even sent me the email promising the codes. They admitted it was an error that the email was sent to me.

Phill asked their corporate office to make good but they denied.

After being escalated to supervisor Steve, he said he try everything he could but today he emailed that his corporate office declined to honor their promise again.

In summary: the made a mistake in promising something and now won't honor the promise.

1  ...  4 5 6